Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, this is the case. You will be able to queue in an eight-man team when Ranked Warzones are implemented.

Regarding the timing of this announcement, the decision was made late in our testing for Game Update 1.2, after the team had examined the data and done additional internal testing. There was no deliberate delay. As soon as the decision was made, we communicated that to you. We realize it's a late announcement, but we felt it was only fair to communicate the change before Game Update 1.2 was pushed live.

Work on re-instating Ranked Warzones has already begun, and is the highest priority for the PvP team right now. They all want to bring the feature to you as soon as possible. However, we will not compromise on quality by rushing it to launch. As Daniel said, once we are satisfied Ranked Warzones work well and are fun for all who want to take part in them, we'll launch them.

ROFL.... Oh wow man, you damn well know how many sub numbers went up since the announcment of Ranked WZ's. You now seriously expect all of us to believe that TODAY was the best time to come out with the announcment that there would be no ranked WZ's?

If you were ever serious about testing pvp content you should have brought some pvp'ers over to the test server, but wait, you didnt.

two words - Money Grab. That is all this was, and all i will ever see it as, and its how i will remember this game sadly.

Work on re-instating Ranked Warzones has already begun, and is the highest priority for the PvP team right now. They all want to bring the feature to you as soon as possible. However, we will not compromise on quality by rushing it to launch. As Daniel said, once we are satisfied Ranked Warzones work well and are fun for all who want to take part in them, we'll launch them.

Good. That is the sanest, most reasonable and correct thing they could do in this matter. Yes I know I am ****in fan boy. Their response just also happens to be the appropriate one. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately, this is the case. You will be able to queue in an eight-man team when Ranked Warzones are implemented.

Regarding the timing of this announcement, the decision was made late in our testing for Game Update 1.2, after the team had examined the data and done additional internal testing. There was no deliberate delay. As soon as the decision was made, we communicated that to you. We realize it's a late announcement, but we felt it was only fair to communicate the change before Game Update 1.2 was pushed live.

And again, we ask, what are you going to do about this accelerating the deaths of several of the low population servers? It's ok...people actually assume the answer is "Nothing," so saying it out loud, so to speak, probably won't change the fact that this will bleed you of subscriptions.

omg this is nothing but trash... How can you seriously sit there and type out that you guys had no ideal the game was broken til you just told us? unsubb ftw

This is absolutely ridiculous. I've been completely patient and never complained about anything BW has done. This is the last straw. Thanks for giving the middle finger to all the PVPers. I'm done when my subscription is up, I'm moving to another game that actually cares.

I wonder how many people were hoodwinked to resub for just this.

My expectations of having many of the good pvpers who had quit this game come back, has been pretty much dashed.

Oh well, there are games coming that respect the money of a pvper more than this company does. So yay for them!

if u mean diablo 3 , that one is not coming out with pvp in the begining, and guild wars 2 is going to be released either on xmas or begining next year so no u arent going anywhere :p

Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, you can really feel the hatred flowing. You gotta give it to 'em. These PvPers really know how to RAGE. Anyway, it's very likely that the things were not going well in the testing process and they need to rework some stuff. So, no biggie, would rather have a feature that works than one that's buggy as hell.

Will the trade in ratio be looked at? Right now its very unfair to PVPers. I will need 10,000+ warzone commendations just to buy a single War Hero piece. This means people who pvp now are being unfairly penalized by a broken system.

Currently a Battlemaster weapon costs 12k warzone commendations. A full set of battlemaster gear costs ~70k warzone commendations.

With the dropped the cost of a full set of battlemaster down to ~9k, this isn't that big a deal.

Plus, the only purpose to having War Hero gear is for PvP. Everyone who PvP's will have to deal with this, making it fair for everyone. No one is "unfairly penalized by a broken system".

You will, however, be able to trade Warzone Commendations for Ranked Warzone Commendations in order to purchase War Hero gear.

What will the trade ratio be? If it is 3 warzone to 1 rated warzone that means a bracer will effectively be costing 3750 warzone commendations. Or 37 won games! (assuming 100 comms per win)

A 2:1 or even 1:1 ratio would be better considering the circumstances?

These forums are littered with the biggest bunch of whiney drama queens i have had the misfortune to come across. All I read is complaint after compliant and how players are now "unsubbed" or going to "unsub" because something doesn't suit them or their gaming needs.

The majority of people that actually enjoy the game and appreciate the work Bioware put into the game dont care if you unsubscribe, just stop ************ on the forums about it.

I for one am pleased that the content is not being rushed out and that more work is going into it. There is plenty of content being pushed out as it is, more than enough to keep us going.

Unless you only PvP. Then there is better gear that currently will take an extreem amount of time to grind.

I'll preface this by saying I rarely post on the forums.

I'm coming out of hiding for this thread, though, because someone needs to represent the viewpoint of the non-casual PvPer.

The PvE players will of course line up to say we're the minority- they always do. They'll continue to say we're vocal, and that our impact on a game is minimal, ect. Because, well, somewhere along the line, they got led to believe that all PvPers hate PvEers, and the forum troll wars started where everyone picked a faction and yelled and screamed until it became standard behavior.

I don't hate PvE. I am a PvP focused player, but I don't want to change your raids, or the itemization of your gear, or make you PvP to get a BiS belt or a set of bracers to max your stats for raiding. For the most part- I want you guys to have your focus untouched, and not have to do things you hate in order to do the things you enjoy.

But on the other hand, the PvPer has been handed the worst development in the game over and over since this game's launch, the worst itemization of stats, forced PvE for BiS/stat itemization, and a completely broken World PvP setup.

You made valor changes that made the ranks meaningless, you put in interim systems for commendations that essentially handed out free gear to everyone who put in minimal effort after tons of people had a merciless grind to get both their ranks/gear.

It's clear that PvE is the focus of this game. That's fine- most games focus this way, and I get it- but it doesn't give your development teams an excuse to completely half-*** one part of the game, and that's exactly what has happened with PvP.

World PvP was terrible from launch, and you've essentially admitted defeat until you can completely re-work it.

You changed methods of commendations twice with these "temporary" fixes until more permanent systems could go in, and now, we get no rated warzones, but another temporary way to aquire gear. When does the PvP community get a finished product? How many temporary changes and re-works do we get before we get what the PvEers had at launch- finished content?

You made it clear what the focus for 1.2 was in who you invited to test/copy, and that was PvE guilds to test your new T2 raid. No PvP guilds to test your rated warzones? Really. And the day prior to launching the patch, you have to pull the plug on it. You probably had an entire throng of PvEers testing PvP content for one, and for two, just the lack of focus on it overall reflects poorly on your PvP team, and Bioware as a whole.

If PvP isn't a major focus, you need to say so, rather than keeping the charade of it mattering, yet proving again and again with shoddy development that it doesn't.

like that one

Oh boo hoo to the whiners.

If you all actually went on to the PTS and helped test then things would be better. As I see it not many people actually do any testing and expect others to do it for them.

Maybe if they copied our actual level 50 toons instead of a random lvl 14 on our account we might test.

This is really disappointing but if it is not going to work right I don't want it to be implemented.

Everyone's points about the wz comms and stufff I support 100%

There were several posts with great points in here - I am in and from a PVP guild - I want this stuff to work and to work right, but penalizing the people who have been here from the beginning and making things easier for the new guys is a bunch of BS imo

And what about all the posts about server merges. I guess I am lucky we have a pretty good pop but others - waiting for hours hoping an 8th person logs into the server to get a full WZ team? that is complete BS - BioWare needs to help those people out with merges or x-fers or something for free. Most people in the beginning were suggested servers - if they took the games suggestion and are now screwed the company needs to fix it imo.

I want more PVP but i want it done right, so I guess I will wait. You people who quit over this - sry -

ROFL.... Oh wow man, you damn well know how many sub numbers went up since the announcment of Ranked WZ's. You now seriously expect all of us to believe that TODAY was the best time to come out with the announcment that there would be no ranked WZ's?

If you were ever serious about testing pvp content you should have brought some pvp'ers over to the test server, but wait, you didnt.

two words - Money Grab. That is all this was, and all i will ever see it as, and its how i will remember this game sadly.

/nod :mad:

BW this is exactly how you do it, if its not working right, get it right. I truly doubt most of the rage quitting being displayed here anyway. I also believe there is a certain sect of people who can not be happy with any news PERIOD.

Dogs of War on Jedi Covenant has well over 100 members, we are disappointed but understanding that it is not the end of the world either.

I don't mind a feature not being completed in the announced timeline due to technical or design problems. But this is deceit, you lied to string people along. All of the communications up until this very moment have been hyping ranked warzones as a major part of 1.2.

I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

Dude I'm a pvp player... But all those rage unsubs are acting like spoiled children, sure it's disappointing, but don't you think they've given it the best they had? For such a late cancel something most really have went wrong and that stuff happens. We shouldn't kill them for having high ambitious.

This forum thread is making me sick, I can't believe it!

Yous gots to be trollin.

Reasons things that don't get implemented and it's not announced until in the 11th hour:

• It causes serious issues when trying to update the software on the servers.
  • It causes serious client-side errors.
  • It could cause a game-breaking issue with something like the Game Economy.
  • There is a SERIOUS exploit only noticed during this late time.

these are not the reasons; it's because "it's not how they want it".

While some people, as you say, might be acting as spoiled children, Bioware is acting like a very, very bad parent....

or an off-market Ponzi Scheme...

or an unreliable company...

or a bad investment.

Companies can aim high all they want, but when a company continually falls short, they should aim lower...and I think many can agree that is what's happened several times since release.

If we are in preseason, why in the world was this delayed? Isn't the whole point of preseason to try and test things out, fix bugs, and than wipe the slate clean. No way this didn't get implemented because it not meeting standards, if it was functioning and you know preseason is coming implement it. The only logical reason is because it wasn't finished in time.