Lrdprimus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe this

fabrication, exaggeration, pics or it didn't happen, ect

I tend to believe him on this one. I can't even count the. Umber of times I have been in a full resolve situation where I have been chain stunned, rooted, mezzed, slowed, etc then had siuatiins where my target does not have a full resolve bar and they shrug off pushes, pulls, roots, stuns etc. So for him to say he has encountered this is not only not surprising to me but I have seen no reason to not think what he proposes is happening as well. The resolve system as it stands right now feels broken. And not just a little bit.

they need to redo resolve completely, some stuns fill a bar, others 6. the low filling ones, you can sit through 4-6 stuns before filling, and then bioware thought it wasn't enough of a stunfest already and let roots completely ignore resolve. Either add DR to stuns and snares/roots w/ resolve as it is, or fuggen redo it Edited by HollowVamp

Yea I agree, involve snares into it but raise the cap a bit. Snares can add half the amount of resolve that stuns do. At least its something that has to still build up.

It would make people spam those abilities less and have to think about it first, or rather look at the person and judge with more awareness and apply themselves to the best situation.

In other words, takes a bit more skill.

I challenge you or anyone to fraps showing resolve not working correctly. It's a **** system, sure, but it's working as intended. Prove it otherwise with recorded play.

Roll an Op or Scoundrel just until you get your backstab. Go into a WZ, wait till someone is full resolve /backstab /kill /enjoy /profit.

Why should so many throw you and the "few" videos to prove what we know is happening to us? Ya, I know a lot of complaints are raging about how resolve doesn't work because of snares etc. But to be fully stunned while a resolve bar is white and cooling down is BS.

EDIT: Oh and there was another thread about this with a challenge in it. The OP was supposed to get back to the thread after his testing because him, like you, wanted to prove all of us wrong. Ya he hasn't posted back...

Edited by Ortof

seems to me most people that say that have problems just don't understand how resolve works. every1 i know that does understand it never said it's bugged. there is a resolve guide stickied, read it.

but to sum it up for those of you who seem confused:

the ability that fills your resolve(aka whitebars it) doesn't cancel because you are whitebarred. it is only subsequent post-whitebar CCs that you are immune to. this means that you can be in a stunned state while having full resolve because it is the stun that filled it.

roots and snares do not fill resolve. For some reason people seem to panic when they get rooted and think because they can't walk they must be stunned(not the same)

Powertech and vanguards can talent their grapple to have a root on it. they can effectively use thier grapple to fill your resolve and leave you rooted in the fire to die if you have no escapes.

I've seen many a noob cry "i just got pulled and stunned in the fire with full resolve zomg broken fix plox" when in reality they are just ignorant of the mechanics.

Edited by VoidSpectre

seems to me most people that say that have problems just don't understand how resolve works. every1 i know that does understand it never said it's bugged. there is a resolve guide stickied, read it.

but to sum it up for those of you who seem confused:

the ability that fills your resolve(aka whitebars it) doesn't cancel because you are whitebarred. it is only subsequent post-whitebar CCs that you are immune to.

roots and snares do not fill resolve. For some reason people seem to panic when they get rooted and think because they can't walk they must be stunned(not the same)

Powertech and vanguards can talent their grapple to have a root on it. they can effectively use thier grapple to fill your resolve and leave you rooted in the fire to die if you have no escapes.

I've seen many a noob cry "i just got pulled and stunned in the fire with full resolve zomg broken fix plox" when in reality they are just ignorant of the mechanics.

Like I said, granted people are confused by how it works. Care to explain having half of a white bar and getting back stabbed (stunned) by either an OP or Scoundrel?

EDIT: And yes it is only those 2 classes I have seen this and if back stab is only one spec, then that would be the one. However, it hasn't happened once, not twice, but a lot through various PVP'ers Just some clarification.

Edited by Ortof

Like I said, granted people are confused by how it works. Care to explain having half of a white bar and getting back stabbed (stunned) by either an OP or Scoundrel?

never seen it happen. i have a scoundrel and i regulary play with an operative on my main and neither he nor I have ever once been able to knockdown or stun anyone with a white bar up.

i call ballocks and proclaim yet another "pics or it didn't happen"

never seen it happen. i have a scoundrel and i regulary play with an operative on my main and neither he nor I have ever once been able to knockdown or stun anyone with a white bar up.

i call ballocks and proclaim yet another "pics or it didn't happen"

Ya ok. Would love to and will when I get one. I had a slew but dumped my HD last week. But ya, I would make this up because?!?! No really my whole purpose in life is to yell OP's and Scoundrels are OP right?

Look, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not happening. I know what I have seen and I have stated such. You ever see the pyramids first hand? If not, well they must not be there right?

I speak the truth as it is what I have seen at least 8-10 times. But believe what you want. You claim to have both of the classes I call ballocks. That was easy wasn't it.

There's a 23+ page thread with someone asking for video proof of resolve not working and there still isn't a single video.

In that very thread the OP stated he was going to test my theory, eager to prove me wrong and has yet to post back. But ya, lets all have everyone streaming video that way if something does happen you can pick apart system specs, client lag etc etc etc etc.

With as buggy as the game is, is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe while I am seeing my resolve bar ticking down, server side it hasn't reached 100% yet? But anyway, I know what I have seen, I don't need to prove anything as it wouldn't matter anyway.

In that very thread the OP stated he was going to test my theory, eager to prove me wrong and has yet to post back. But ya, lets all have everyone streaming video that way if something does happen you can pick apart system specs, client lag etc etc etc etc.

With as buggy as the game is, is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe while I am seeing my resolve bar ticking down, server side it hasn't reached 100% yet? But anyway, I know what I have seen, I don't need to prove anything as it wouldn't matter anyway.

You don't know what you've seen. Resolve isn't broken.

Get a better Internet connection.

Roll an Op or Scoundrel just until you get your backstab. Go into a WZ, wait till someone is full resolve /backstab /kill /enjoy /profit.

Why should so many throw you and the "few" videos to prove what we know is happening to us? Ya, I know a lot of complaints are raging about how resolve doesn't work because of snares etc. But to be fully stunned while a resolve bar is white and cooling down is BS.

EDIT: Oh and there was another thread about this with a challenge in it. The OP was supposed to get back to the thread after his testing because him, like you, wanted to prove all of us wrong. Ya he hasn't posted back...

Did anyone post any proof about resolve not working as intended? I don't recall there being any. "This one time in a warzone" stuff isn't proof of anything except that people in this game don't pay attention or don't understand the crappy system that is resolve.

Yes, resolve is a terrible system compared to say diminishing returns, but it still works correctly.

-Mez: 100 resolve a second

-Stuns: 200 resolve a second

-Knock backs and grapples: 400 resolve regardless of distance

-Resolve caps at 1000

So, until you, or anyone else can post a video with someone with a white bar running around when suddenly, they get stunned, mez'd, knocked back, or grappled then resolve is working as intended.

Whether or not Resolve is working as intended, it fails to make any significant contribution to PvP.

SWTOR PvP is a total stun-fest, the plethora of stun/root/snare effects is just ludicrous.

Freshly soaked sea monkeys could design a PvP system with greater insight and capability than BW have achieved.

Look, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not happening. I know what I have seen and I have stated such. You ever see the pyramids first hand? If not, well they must not be there right?

There's plenty of pictures and videos of the pyramids inside and out. No pics or video of resolve not working though.

You don't know what you've seen. Resolve isn't broken.

Get a better Internet connection.

Basically this in a nutshell.

I may not like the Resolve system in how it works right now but it is working as intended.

I don't believe people when they say they got legitimately stunned, pulled, knocked back, mezzed, choked, knocked down, or pushed with 100% full and white or wearing off resolve.

I've never seen it happen to anybody, and I've never experienced it. I've been rooted 3-4 times until my resolve wore off completely, then got stunned. But never have I had anything happen to me that shouldn't have while my resolve was full or coming down.

And to the dude who is claiming that no-one can provide proof of "resolve working as intended", that's because it's technically impossible. If there is an argument saying that .0000001% of the time resolve isn't working as intended, then we would have to show an infinite number of instances of resolve working. And in which case, we still couldn't prove it because there's supposedly that chance.

So in the mean time, the challenge is to get video proof of resolve not working as intended, which not a single person has been able to provide (yet somehow always "just cleaned my computer of vids" or "just got a new computer so my vid is gone").

I'm not saying resolve is the best system around. I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be improved. But I'm saying to stop making ridiculous claims if you can't actually back it up. If someone provides a video of it, then awesome, it'll be on the list of things to fix. But until it can be proven, I doubt anyone here will give a toot, let alone BioWare.

Edited by Rheeling

resolve is working as intended. the better question would be why it's intended like that.

to me, getting basically perma-stunned until I'm dead on sight in certain games just isn't much fun at all. and at the same time I must admit I use flash granade or dirty kick on people who were recently stunned by someone else aswell... not forgetting to mention that I try to root as many people as possible and have the habit of 'disappearing'... to stun them again.

god knows how often it has happened to me that before I could stun someone they stunned me. especially huttball is all about stunning. it can be fun sometimes, but if either ops is full of 'stunner' it becomes rather boring

Ya ok. Would love to and will when I get one. I had a slew but dumped my HD last week. But ya, I would make this up because?!?! No really my whole purpose in life is to yell OP's and Scoundrels are OP right?

I speak the truth as it is what I have seen at least 8-10 times. But believe what you want. You claim to have both of the classes I call ballocks. That was easy wasn't it.

Are you looking to start a new religion? Your post is all about "Believe and doubt not", that's why I ask. And what an unfortunate situation to have cleaned your HD just now, tst tst tst.

Sorry to be blunt but most of you guys that pretend to be stunned/mazed/pulled/pushed with resolve active are just ignorant about how it works. Do some research and stop flapping mouths. You might find that it works as intended but you still don't like how it works. Well then go ahead post your request for changing the system but do it as one that knows it. Otherwise nobody is going to take you seriously.

The stuns or roots people are getting are from warriors. Suppose to add to resolve in 1.2 qnd i hope it sticks. While I think knock backs should give more resolve an one 4s stun should give 80 percent of a resolve.

The resolve system is a good idea but poorly thought out with the class designs. Some classes have to much cc compared to others. Maybe the classes that have a lot should add to the resolve bar faster while those with less provide little impact to the resolve.

All I know is it's is still bugged from time to time. But clarification from devs on what does an doesn't add to resolve would be nice