7158 crit with Inq/Consular

coffee_bot

Sometimes the game, depending on lag, will lump multiple abilities together in to a single number. (especially if there are DoTs on the target)

It's rare but when it happens it's pretty funny.

I see this bug with Sorcs more with Chain lightnings then anything else.

Edited by exphryl

It will take some time to answer this question so bare with me. There are three things to notice in this picture:

1) The high crit

2) 0 protection done

3) roughly 50k healing

I agree that this can not be a Sorcerer. They just can not hit that hard.

His high healing (for an Assassin) would indicate that he's either darkness or madness.

The no protection would indicate that it's not darkness.

Madness can absolutely not hit that high.

Darkness can absolutely not hit that high.

The only conclusion I can come to, as someone who has played an assassin since day 1 and still plays an assassin, is that this is a picture of a deception assassin from before the expertise stacking nerf. This probably a project with full buffs up (Yeah, I hit for over 7k as well back then). Nothing assassins do currently can hit for even remotely that high. His healing comes from use of medpacks and the hoth healing water from before that was nerfed.

Seeing as everyone and their mother is calling for assassin nerfs right now, all I can assume is that someone dug this picture up from back then, and is posting it now to try and make a point.

Perhaps there is a point to be made about assassin tank spec nerfs, but this is the wrong way to go about it...

Edit: Hmm, now I see the weekly on the side that says armaments...I believe that when that changed was also when expertise stacking was removed, so this couldn't have been from before then, unless it was photoshopped. Which means there's more thinking to be done!

Edited by nickncf

Edit: Hmm, now I see the weekly on the side that says armaments...I believe that when that changed was also when expertise stacking was removed, so this couldn't have been from before then, unless it was photoshopped. Which means there's more thinking to be done!

Well you figured it out yourself but just to add to it, the guy earned 3k valor in the wz, so its clearly something recent.

Edited by JackMinn

Nevermind, it's editing day!

The only thing it could possibly be is a deception assassin in full power/surge mods with every buff currently stackable on him, against a light armor wearing target with no expertise. I have no idea how he's doing that healing though.

I have never seen a madness or darkness (or republic equivalents, sorry don't remember names right now) do anywhere near that kind of damage with one hit. I've played the specs, and am also in full battlemaster stalker gear with power/surge mods, and 7k is just not attainable. Those are the only two specs that I could see him doing 50k healing in though.

Edited by nickncf

I'm pretty sure what the OP is asking for is speculation, since no one here is going to go pull out Bioware's internal combat log and show us what it was. But, I like your quote there.

Yea by speculation I meant more speculation to the date of the screenshot not how it was achieved. But I figured to highlight this fact I could use a better quote, hence the change.

Sometimes the game, depending on lag, will lump multiple abilities together in to a single number. (especially if there are DoTs on the target)

Would explain the 6k hit I supposedly got a couple weeks ago when I saw the 5k medal pop up since highest I've hit on undergeared players with a crit CL/Deathfield is like 4-4.5k at absolute most and that is still with CDs popped and such.

Less than 300k damage (just 8 kills) and 50k healing sounds like a sorc tbh. Most likely an inaccurate scoreboard. I wish you'd checked the medals to see if he even got a 5k medal. Edited by Boissi

I've seen this happen to a pyro bh on the leader board. Said he hit for over 8k on one hit when it was just lumping railshot together with a delayed explosive and a dot tick.

Darkness Assassins can get 51k healing easy...

True, but a Darkness Assassin can NOT get a 7k+ crit easy.

The only thing I can think of in this particular instance is maybe it was a Darkness Assassin whose last Force Lightning tick somehow got lumped together w/ a Shock crit w/ all cds up.

Either that, or he got hit w/ a Shock at the exact same time as another person hit him w/ an ability, and both damage numbers got lumped together and blamed on the Assassin.

True, but a Darkness Assassin can NOT get a 7k+ crit easy.

The only thing I can think of in this particular instance is maybe it was a Darkness Assassin whose last Force Lightning tick somehow got lumped together w/ a Shock crit w/ all cds up.

Either that, or he got hit w/ a Shock at the exact same time as another person hit him w/ an ability, and both damage numbers got lumped together and blamed on the Assassin.

Go full damage gear as a darkness sin, Then what you do is remove all crit mods of any sort and go full power in its place, it is highly likely that you can then hit for a very high value with energize + recklessness. I wouldn't be surprised if they could hit for 7k by doing this, however no one does as they all want their other abilities to crit.

However I have seen a sorc hit for 8k in a huttball after the scoring went in, when I asked him about it after he told me "That is simply impossible" but it was on the score screen and multiple people saw it. I think its a bug that sometimes happens.

Go full damage gear as a darkness sin, Then what you do is remove all crit mods of any sort and go full power in its place, it is highly likely that you can then hit for a very high value with energize + recklessness. I wouldn't be surprised if they could hit for 7k by doing this, however no one does as they all want their other abilities to crit.

However I have seen a sorc hit for 8k in a huttball after the scoring went in, when I asked him about it after he told me "That is simply impossible" but it was on the score screen and multiple people saw it. I think its a bug that sometimes happens.

BW has stated that sometimes incoming damage numbers are combined if they hit close enough together to reduce screen clutter, so I assume that is what is happening. Exphryl mentioned it earlier in the thread too.

I do know that Energize + Recklessness + Relic/Adrenal + luck can definitely hit for a high amount. It may be possible w/ the Marauder buff and some sort of debuff on the target. I don't think I've ever heard of a Shock crit for higher than 5k~ post-surge nerf, though.

Edited by Varicite