The new legacy screws over people with alts

Bloodtau

I love making alts and have been playing through a couple. However, this new legacy system seems to screw over people who have made and spent time leveling an alt already. What bonuses do pre made alts get, if any at all?

I love making alts and have been playing through a couple. However, this new legacy system seems to screw over people who have made and spent time leveling an alt already. What bonuses do pre made alts get, if any at all?

How are you screwed over? Nothing will change for you. Having alts isn't some time of competition either.

The only thing that matters is did you enjoy it. If you didn't, why did you do it? If you did, why are you complaining?

I have many alts at lv 40. I would like for example, to be a twi'lek trooper. However with how the story system in this game is terribly linear and grindy, I definitely won't be playing through another trooper. Overall the new legacy system is terribly disappointing.

I have many alts at lv 40. I would like for example, to be a twi'lek trooper. However with how the story system in this game is terribly linear and grindy, I definitely won't be playing through another trooper. Overall the new legacy system is terribly disappointing.

So Bioware should use the Legacy system to "give" you a level 40+ Twi'Lek Trooper simply because you do not want to play another trooper?

Or should they allow you to change the race on one of your existing characters?

Neither of those is the kind of choice that Bioware as a developer go for. So what should the Legacy system have given you?

What bonuses do pre made alts get, if any at all?

Everything is retroactive. Whatever alts you have now, and whatever level they are at, they will count towards your Legacy rewards.

If anything, the Legacy system hampers Single-Toon players. Alt players are able to unlock and utilize abilities in a wide variety, where as Single-Player toons have to scrounge, buy, and jump through hoops to get those same abilities.

People with alts already get to have more unlocks the second 1.2 hits live, your team of level 40s will all get the class buffs of other classes and the legacy emote. And of course you won't have much further to go to unlock four legacy abilities. Plus you have a higher legacy level allowing you to buy more items :)

No, they should have put this feature in from the START of the game. Star wars is a pve game and this would have been loved my pve/rp players. Yet again those who gave star wars the change from the start are getting screwed over. Do they think the legacy system may bring people back / keep people playing? No, it will do the opposite.

People with alts already get to have more unlocks the second 1.2 hits live, your team of level 40s will all get the class buffs of other classes and the legacy emote. And of course you won't have much further to go to unlock four legacy abilities. Plus you have a higher legacy level allowing you to buy more items :)

thank you, it's a post like this I was looking for =)

No, they should have put this feature in from the START of the game. Star wars is a pve game and this would have been loved my pve/rp players. Yet again those who gave star wars the change from the start are getting screwed over. Do they think the legacy system may bring people back / keep people playing? No, it will do the opposite.

The only thing you're missing is the species unlocks. And unless you have a level 50 Twilek, you wouldn't have been able to make your trooper a Twilek anyway. Unless you have 1.5 Million credits to burn.

It screws people over without alts too.

You want permanent stat bonuses on your main character? Better start grinding regardless of if you want alts or not.

Unless you mean the +10 presence buff per companion on subsequent characters you unlock, you're in error here. The permanent stat increases happen ONCE, and can be done on your main character, by finishing the different companion storyline conversations and missions. It's all in the tooltips you can pull up on google if you need confirmation.

The only thing you're missing is the species unlocks. And unless you have a level 50 Twilek, you wouldn't have been able to make your trooper a Twilek anyway. Unless you have 1.5 Million credits to burn.

Wait, you can buy race unlocks as well?

If so this is great news! I've got 3 mil sitting doing nothing, would be nice to actually use it for something

thank you, it's a post like this I was looking for =)

Which is readily available information, both on and off the official site. You could have asked the question like a reasonable human being or looked yourself instead of whining and accusing BioWare of not catering to your personal preferences until someone felt the need to clarify your misconceptions. :rolleyes:

Or should they allow you to change the race on one of your existing characters?

YES!

If they were too incompetent to have the Legacy system ready for launch then they should at least give 1 race change to one of your alts that you rolled and have probably leveled pretty far with already.

During developement: "We didnt include some race combos because of geometry/clipping concerns and/or lore reasons"

3 Months after release:"Oh we dont really care about that anymore, go make a Blind Sniper for all we care ... you cant change the alts you ended up settling for because our previous restrictions, we want you to start over and not only do the World Arc, yet again, but redo the entire class story too!"

They dont even have paid race changes ready for this (which would been total b/s anyway). Its all just another way of making people roll alts ... as if they werent sick enough of that already.

Edited by MasterKayote

YES!

If they were too incompetent to have the Legacy system ready for launch then they should at least give 1 race change to one of your alts that you rolled and have probably leveled pretty far with already.

During developement: "We didnt include some race combos because of geometry/clipping concerns and/or lore reasons"

3 Months after release:"Oh we dont really care about that anymore, go make a Blind Sniper for all we care ... you cant change the alts you ended up settling for because our previous restrictions, we want you to start over and not only do the World Arc, yet again, but redo the entire class story too!"

They dont even have paid race changes ready for this (which would been total b/s anyway). Its all just another way of making people roll alts ... as if they werent sick enough of that already.

And this is a textbook example of how to take a good suggestion and make it totally irrelevant to the developers it is being made to because of its irrationally aggressive and insulting phrasing.

I think the OP is saying that we say, already have 8 toons, we should be able to change the appearance (and race)of existing characters, and I agree.

Why would you need to have 8 toons?

Delete tham and recreate... you cant change your skin IRL and you pay for living also sigh

Alts isn't the fastest way to level Legacy.... sooo, I'm sure there's people who stuck with their first 50 only and did pve/pvp who are far higher in legacy.

Alts isn't the fastest way to level Legacy.... sooo, I'm sure there's people who stuck with their first 50 only and did pve/pvp who are far higher in legacy.

There are. But they're going to have fewer class-based unlocks (ie. Heroic Moment abilities, class emotes, free species unlocks, class buffs, etc.) available.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.