Why was the Battlemaster comm drop rate reduced?

Vase

Sometime in the last few weeks the drop rate has been reduced it is no longer 1 in 4. My guild mates and I have been keeping track and we have a sample size of ~325 bags. The drop rate is approaching 1 in 7 and increasing. If it was just a statistical error or small sample size the ratio should be narrowing but its not. It probably a moot argument with the 1.2 changes.

I am really angry that I am supposed to run 45-50 Wz's to get 1 Bm comm and maybe get 1-2 per week from all the weekly dailies. The net result is far less then the 4-6 people got per week before the (hidden) change.

Another reason to not play and wait for 1.2.

It is called random for a reason. That is how statistics work.

Every time you open a bag, you have a 25% chance to get a BM comm. The fact that you open more bags does NOT increase your chances of getting one. Its just luck of the draw.

It is called random for a reason. That is how statistics work.

Every time you open a bag, you have a 25% chance to get a BM comm. The fact that you open more bags does NOT increase your chances of getting one. Its just luck of the draw.

Congrats sir, you understand statistics. +1 for you!

Also 325 is a small sample size, while a large sample might be unreasonable i would not try to determine rates or anything without thousands of observations. If my guild and i opened 325 bags and noticed a drop rate much closer to 50% does that mean the droprate is clearly 50%?

"sample size of ~325 bags. The drop rate is approaching 1 in 7 and increasing. If it was just a statistical error or small sample size the ratio should be narrowing but its not."

Why don't you do a proper statistical test on it?

Instead you post that...

What you posted is so unintelligent it deserves a...

/facepalm

Ok, so you got a 25% chance to get a BM comm each bag. I've been a BM for about 2.5 weeks now. Valor rank 68, grinded out 3 tokens, (that's about 150 WZs) opened about 35 bags, and received 2 BM comms.

So, my personal drop rate is at around 5-6%. That's about what most others are reporting.

I love trolls trying so hard to show how much smarter they are than the poster. Attacking the format or grammar then the debating the content. I am sorry I didn't make a spread sheet format for all you stat geeks. I know how RNG works hence the part about the ratio getting worse not better. Like this sentence it was more then 3 sentences in so it was probably not read by the trolls.

With out the metrics from Bioware we will never know all I was trying to point out is that the drop rate has changed for the worse. I am sorry if that somehow offends some people.

Ok, so you got a 25% chance to get a BM comm each bag. I've been a BM for about 2.5 weeks now. Valor rank 68, grinded out 3 tokens, (that's about 150 WZs) opened about 35 bags, and received 2 BM comms.

So, my personal drop rate is at around 5-6%. That's about what most others are reporting.

Why not just buy BM Commendations [1000 WZ/1000 Mec comms] as well?

You might open 35 bags and only get 2 comms, but during that same time span of playing 150WZs as you say, you could also have probably bought 4-5 comms, or even more!

I love trolls trying so hard to show how much smarter they are than the poster. Attacking the format or grammar then the debating the content. I am sorry I didn't make a spread sheet format for all you stat geeks. I know how RNG works hence the part about the ratio getting worse not better. Like this sentence it was more then 3 sentences in so it was probably not read by the trolls.

With out the metrics from Bioware we will never know all I was trying to point out is that the drop rate has changed for the worse. I am sorry if that somehow offends some people.

Don't let it get to you, this is the internet and in forums like this [MMO forums] people just want to be an internet intellect, always having to be smarter than the other.

My suggestion is to also try to buy BM comms or if it is really getting to you, just wait for 1.2 when it will be so much easier to get BM gear.

Why not just buy BM Commendations [1000 WZ/1000 Mec comms] as well?

You might open 35 bags and only get 2 comms, but during that same time span of playing 150WZs as you say, you could also have probably bought 4-5 comms, or even more!

That's what I meant by saying I grinded out 3. I've seen a grand total of 5. 3 from purchasing 1000/1000, and 2 from bags.

In the last two weeks I have finished all my pvp quests every single day/week. I have founded 2 comm. The others 2 I bought with 1000 war and 1000 merc comm. My friend, its almost full BM now and he started 2 days before me, he is very very luck or Im very vey unluck.

piss me off. I have champion tokens to equip all my companions.

I dont like this reward "luck" system. Anyone know if something change about this on 1.2?

I really would like to see a system that reward for hard work, not just luck.

Edited by Eommer

BW hast stated awhile ago that the rate is 25%. They haven't stated that they have changed it.

Calling people trolls because they say that your 300something bags is not a statistically relevant size is imature. If you knew that your example size is not big enough for a statistic why did you make this thread?

Roll a D100 300 something times, count the numbers you get 1-25, than do it again again again again and again. Grats, you now know how BMs system works.

Edited by Twor

I'm only valor lvl 64 and I have my full battlemaster set. It seems like I get a comm every 2-3 bags, but I haven't been keeping track. I can confirm there has been no nerf.

thats insane. Im valor lvl 68 and I only have my weapon because I bought with 1000war/1000merc comm. My friend is luck as you too. he is almost full BM in 2 weeks.

i hate this luck system. serious...

i have worse than 1-7 and it pisses me off too. once i hit battlemaster progression slowed down to an unacceptable level, and i would gather that if someone disagrees, they got their stuff when it was not so drawn out.

i have worse than 1-7 and it pisses me off too. once i hit battlemaster progression slowed down to an unacceptable level, and i would gather that if someone disagrees, they got their stuff when it was not so drawn out.

I was R72 when I completed my BM set (till 69 before 1.1.5). It was always random and it is still random. Noone had it easier than you...

I dont care if they change something and make even more harder to get BM gear. Like 2 weeks for 1 piece. I just dont like the "luck" factor you know? right now I have no idea if I'll have at least one comm in the coming weeks. hard work to finish my quests does not gives to me any guarantee that I'll be rewarded.

i dont like this system.

Edited by Eommer

I must be on the other end of the spectrum then. I have a full set of Eliminator and healing BM Gear and my Mercenary and my Aim companions are almost decked out as well. I also have about 8 tokens saved incase i have to repurchase some pieces for the mods when 1.2 comes out.

Thats with a little over two months doing the daily and weekly roughly 90% of the time.

Edited by lijahrobinson