My levelling experience

Neepol

Server :- Bao-Dur

Faction:- Empire

In-game time to level 0-50 :- 5 days 17 hrs

Number of Flashpoints completed:- 0 (never managed to get a group during my play time)

Number of Group Quests Completed on any planet:- 0 (same reason as above)

Highest number of people on any planet:- 17 on Drommund Kaas

2nd highest number of people on any planet:- 9 (shouldn't really count this as it was Illum and i had just hit 50)

No of opposite faction encountered whilst levelling:- 0

No of people seen in Tattoine World PVP Zone:- 0

No of Illum Battles participated in:- 0 (do they even exist?)

Am i missing something or is this game supposed to be a MMORPG ??

As as single player the game has been enjoyable but the longevity is not long. SWTOR promised so much but delivered so little, very disappoining.

Be aware that the game is still new, and some people still don't even know about it. You'd be surprised how many people have no idea what it is. It will take a lot of time for more and more people to show up.

You can see just about all the servers are sitting at "Standard" and a couple here and there are "Full". I also think that there is probably a large level gap between some players. On my server, at least, there seems to be a lot more lower levels than higher levels, so if you are leveling at a good pace and make it to 50, you're more than likely going to feel a little lonely for some time.

Drommand Kaas max I've seen on my server is 150+ in primetime, and you have no problems getting groups for heroics.

Jedi Covenant

That is not normal for most servers. The problem is with finding grps on low pop servers..which there are lots of them.

Since it only took ~5 days to hit 50 the first time you did it, just reroll on a populated server. It will be faster the second time around, with people to group up with, and your problem will be forever solved. It will take longer to get transfers than it will take you to get 50 again.

yeah, you pick a standard pop server. go to one of the heavy to full servers, then you will notice, hey, the game isnt bad, it's awesome, there just arent any people on most (90%) of servers. or atleast that is what i have been thinking since i started rerolling on a high pop server.

:

yeah, you pick a standard pop server. go to one of the heavy to full servers, then you will notice, hey, the game isnt bad, it's awesome, there just arent any people on most (90%) of servers. or atleast that is what i have been thinking since i started rerolling on a high pop server.

Very true. Which is why the single server LFG tool will not work for most servers.

But make sure you reroll on Heavy or higher pop server that is Heavy+ on PEAK times so for Europe 20:00-21:00 CET

Good luck

That's pretty quick to get to level 50. So I am guessing you didn't have a lot of "down time" while leveling. I have seen all kinds of calls out for flashpoints on both fleets on my server. But if you are speed leveling you might not see those calls. Hence an LFG tool, even one restricted to the same server, would prove quite useful for those who are out in the field instead of at the fleet. What we have now is a bit hidden and not very intuitive either. Gimme the DDO dungeon tool any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Edited by BucMan

Since it only took ~5 days to hit 50 the first time you did it, just reroll on a populated server. It will be faster the second time around, with people to group up with, and your problem will be forever solved. It will take longer to get transfers than it will take you to get 50 again.

5 days? $@#$% been playing since launch and I'm still not 50. Of course I play a number of alts but still

2nd highest number of people on any planet:- 9 (shouldn't really count this as it was Illum and i had just hit 50)

This should have been the big red flag that told you to change servers, yet you persisted. Dug your own grave.

Number of Flashpoints completed:- 0 (never managed to get a group during my play time)

As as single player the game has been enjoyable but the longevity is not long. SWTOR promised so much but delivered so little, very disappoining.

So if you were in the zone surely it would say 1 person or are you making this up?.

Those numbers look pretty unrealistic to me....

But in any case, if you are on a real low population server, roll again on a heavy. Dont delay, dont moan about it, dont blame Bioware, dont say "I shouldnt have to!". Just do it, nice and easy solution. You wont regret it.

Look at it the way it is. You made a game character on what turned out to be a low population server. If you want more people, make another game character on a high population server.

So what everyone is saying in this thread is that the game's population can only really support ~5 healthy servers?

The games population would support many heavily populated servers - if only you would start merging yourselves.

This problem was in the original world of warcraft, just to mention one of many games faced with low population servers during release. For a very long time the only way to solve this was to start again on a heavy population server.

Back then we took the initiative and did what needed to be done to enjoy the game to its fullest potential. How strange it is now a bare handful of years later and no-one will take the intitiative to solve their own problems.

Cross server tools will NOT give you

World PVP

World Boss Hunts

Community

Heroics Groups

Random Player Raids

Roleplaying Events

So either wait for Bioware to implement transfers or do it yourself now. Dont expect some lfg tool to magically make your low populations server enjoyable.

From what I can gather from this is that you were to busy racing quest to quest, not really paying much attention so I figure some numbers may be off.

It sucks playing on low population servers sometimes. You don't get bothered as much, but it's hard finding groups or even Warzone matches. The server that I mostly play on used to get up to standard level and even occasionally heavy, but I think people have been slowly leaving without me noticing.

I used to find people with ease until I started hitting level 30-40+ and now, I can't find a single Warzone match that doesn't end in 2 minutes. I wish the warning signs would've come sooner so I could've had a shot at a legacy on a busier server. I guess I'll just take it like a man and enjoy 1.2 for all it's worth.

Legacy will fix it

No it won't. You may see a slight bump in server pop, but over all, I doubt you will see a huge increase for very long. I think 1.2 drastically increasing the player counts on servers is wishful thinking.

Typically, when most people leave a MMO game, they won't comeback, unless it is an anticipated expansion. This is not an expansion, just a content update. Plus, alot of people will wait and get feedback first from friends that are still playing or from forums before they even decide to comeback.

Allot of people left due to low pop servers or just the boerdom of nothing really to do after reaching level cap. In regards to low server pop, 1.2 does nothing to remedy this issue in regards to introducing server merges or character transfers.

The big question however is, how long will this slight player increase last before it starts dropping again. I predict low pop servers will continue to be low pop.

I hope I am wrong in my prediction and tons of people come back at stay for awhile, but I am trying to be realistic here.

Edited by Dalmorn