Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a D/C forgiveness would be nice, but that would only cause more queue problems. People need to think in terms of actions and consequences.

The easy way to prevent this problem is paying for a decent ISP. It's not really BWs fault if your ISP or your computer suck.

Totally agree, twice this has happened to me the middle of a 4 man instance. yesterday 600 queue today 1700 queue. my net dropped for literally 30 seconds and put in a queue. grace period is mandatory for todays games

pretty disappointed that it doesnt exist already. definately needs to be put in. ive had my game crash randomly and i was able to get straight back in but after a disconnect nothing.

why is it so many other games have this available but not swtor. for a game thats been worked on for so long they missed an important part

I don't have the most stable connection due to my area. I've gotten down to literally 20,30-40 people in line(out of 800) and had my connection drop.. which leaves me "Locked out" until my account drops from the previous queue, and then back to square 1 at 800.

Really annoying. If nothings done I'm out.

You could have a generally reliable ISP and still have connection issues to a game server.

Not really. If you have a reliable ISP, you disconnect extremely rarely.

Not to mention the fact that where I live only ONE isp is available if you wish to have broadband.

Not BW's problem.

That being said, I would not be against the idea. However, people have to realize that if this is implemented, queue times increase even more than they are now. So there will be just as much QQ and threats to quit. You're just trading one wait for another.

Edited by Kashaan

Not really. If you have a reliable ISP, you disconnect extremely rarely.

Not BW's problem.

That being said, I would not be against the idea. However, people have to realize that if this is implemented, queue times increase even more than they are now. So there will be just as much QQ and threats to quit. You're just trading one wait for another.

I'm quite confident the majority of us wouldn't mind waiting 2 hours to login. Crashing and being able to play again.

Vs waiting 1 hour to log in, crashing, Then waiting another hour to log in, crashing, then another. etc etc.

I'm fine with waiting 3 hours before I start a flashpoint run, I'm not fine with waiting even 20 minutes in the middle of the run if I crash or DC.

My ISP is superb, my computer is top-notch, but the game isn't glitch-free yet and my entire group just had a crash in Taral V.

Can't believe there hasn't been a developer post on this. They are taking the issue "seriously", but they can't figure out what solutions to implement. This is a great idea; with the way things are currently, you might as well call this a single player game. "Group at your own risk" At least people are replaceable by companions.

Could we please have some type of grace period to log back in after a disconnect?

Had issues both in guild and in groups, if someone would disconnect for a minute they'd have to sit in a 15-20 minute que to get back in and finish the flash point or whatever they're working on.

No doubt. I've been unable to play all day. Everytime I get on, there is some glitch keeping me from playing which requires a crash. Then right back in the hour plus que I go. Our guild has attempted to instance but each time one or two gets kicked before the instance can begin. This game has been a disaster so far for me.

As the guild and I have just been discussing in our own forums, given the long Q times, people aren't logging out. So the wait time gets longer and longer and longer. Once you drop, you may as well give up. My Q time currently says 1hr 35mins. I have been waiting almost 3hrs already and I am still at number 475 - so the wait times are nowhere near accurate. The long wait times are causing people who are already in game to find ways to stay in the game while they are afk. It just means the Q's get longer and longer.

The DC and server login errors/issues are just adding to this problem.

Edited by Dezziedc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.