forum join date

Bobinstein

About 1 or 2 years after SWG came out, I sent a impassioned letter to BioWare, begging them to make a Star Wars-themed MMO. I was disappointed with the Star Warsiness of SWG, and knew from KOTOR success that BioWare 'got' Star Wars.

Needless to say, as soon as the site went live, I joined, though I decided not to post much during the following three years. Mainly because I didn't want to get my expectations up. I wanted to come to the game fresh without too many preconceived notions.

So far, a resounding success in my book.

Edited by Cerion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when the forum was mostly used to start guilds? Years and years before the game finally arrived, there were fully-formed guilds and a deep sense of community; we were all together, waiting for the release of this epic game.

What happened? :(

My guild started a second affiliated guild because of high demand, joined the game, and have played ever since, with organized events on weekends. Unfortunately, we are still closed to new recruits or I would invite more likeminded players to join.

What did your guild do?

Edited by Kthx

Unfortunately, this concept predates the intarwebz. It applies to politics as well as driving a car...

"Everyone who drives faster than me is an ***hole and everyone that drives slower than me is an idiot."

"In politics, you either agree with me completely and totally or you are an evil person determined to destroy the world/America/the environment/family values/education/old people/the price of gas/trees/the whales/moral fiber/the economy/marriage."

love the carlin quote, but this idea actually originated in Catholicism. and "idiots" were not as tolerated as they are in politics. lots of murder over differences of opinion

god bless religion (but only my god and my religion)

It never occurred to me that the time before this games release has suddenly become a blur in the past. I faintly recall frustration over fan Fridays and the "Red XXXXXX Reporting in" game for every thread that complained about when the next update would arrive.

those were the times....:rolleyes:

and it just keeps going. why is this post taking off but all the actually cool stuff i write gets all but ignored

Because this is nostalgic for people who participated in the old forums, I reckon. Why would that bother you? Besides, it's not like you're the only one to have ever started a thread that flopped, no matter how interesting or important it may have been. *shrug*

Because this is nostalgic for people who participated in the old forums, I reckon. Why would that bother you? Besides, it's not like you're the only one to have ever started a thread that flopped, no matter how interesting or important it may have been. *shrug*

your mom

EDIT: she is a very nice lady

Edited by Bobinstein

Somehow I've managed to enjoy all aspects of the game, including all of the group content, but thanks for trying to put everyone who enjoys the game down :rolleyes:

I'm also someone who enjoys the game, but that doesn't mean I'm blind to its flaws. All of the things are listed are true. The game is a failure on many of the levels that it tried to succeed on. The one place that it works is single player story, which was always the main focus, and pretty much all I was ever interested in the game for. I basically have a Kotor 3 with some multiplayer element that I can easily ignore, where I can get 2 unique playthroughs, and some other replays with new story elements if I want them. As I posted in another thread, I feel the game is worth the money.

Pro Tip: You can enjoy something without being a total fanboy. Not everyone who criticizes elements of the game is a "Hater"

the game came out in december. i know the Beta came out a little while before that but im not sure how long. but im seeing people with join dates in 2009 and earlier.

so uhh.... whats the deal?

I joined the 2nd day SWTOR was announced back in October of 2008....

Its been a loooooong wait.

how did so many people know about this game? i didnt hear a word about it untill 2 days after it came out

Us nerds have a way of spreading news fast. When they announced SWTOR and created their forums we all hopped on the BBS and Ham Radios.

Edited by cbowsin

the game came out in december. i know the Beta came out a little while before that but im not sure how long. but im seeing people with join dates in 2009 and earlier.

so uhh.... whats the deal?

Well basically.... we're pretty cool and you're not! You'll get over it!

Many got on board very early on and created a forum account. The date has no real meaning in my opinion, especially when you try to use it to show that you are better than anyone else. hehehe :D

What! My forum join date doesn't automatically mean that my response is much more intelligent than those of the people who joined after me?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Cynomen ...

Many got on board very early on and created a forum account. The date has no real meaning in my opinion, especially when you try to use it to show that you are better than anyone else.

BLASPHEMER !!!!!

Burn him, he's a witch!

Edited by Witnezz