No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

What I don't get is people who want to punish everyone because they had or are worried about having a bad experience.

You don't have to use the LFD if you don't want to.

Theese people either don't run FPs now or are with a group of friends/guild who runs them. In both cases a LFD would have no negative impact on them.

Edited by Reevax

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is people who want to punish everyone because they had or are worried about having a bad experience.

Theese people either don't run FPs now or are with a group of friends/guild who runs them. In both cases a LFD would have no negative impact on them.

i think a lot of it has to do with those players having control issues.

They are the typical control freaks. They feel they MUST have control over other peoples actions.

Dr Phil would have a hayday with those guys.

As was said at the Guild Summit, the LFD tool is coming, probably in 1.3 and it will NOT be cross server.

BW also said that they would not do cross server pvp and look whats coming for pvp.

Just because they are saying now its not going to be cross server does not mean we cant change their minds before the lfg is released.

As was said at the Guild Summit, the LFD tool is coming, probably in 1.3 and it will NOT be cross server.

Maybe not at first and I think thats more because they don't know how to make it work X-server. It will come though. If this game wants to compete long term they will need it.

Same server and merge half the servers in 1.3 would be a could start though.

That's basically my viewpoint. Implementing LFD would help those who needs it but it won't affect my game play.

It's actually really quite sad that the main argument people have against Cross Server goes along the lines of...

"I don't trust people from other servers!"

It's actually one hell of a xenophobic view to have.

Are you new to the internet?

The only cross server that might be good is cross server AH. Everything else just reinforces the genre's increasing tendency to reward people just for showing up.

That said, if mergers are not coming, being able to access populations across servers is vital, whether in PvE or PvP, except for the few servers that have actual healthy populations.

Maybe they can disable cross-server for those few healthy servers, and offer an actual choice. Or maybe that would just be too sensible.

Edited by Ansultares

This is such a ballant lie, you are what's wrong with the community. Shame on you. DIAF. The truth is 99% of runs in LFD are fine, haha, gotcha :p

She/he is correct. It is you who are wrong. The majority of my LFD runs go smooth and if there are jerks in it..I place them on ignore and continue the run. Issue solved.

Yes..we know it is coming soon and will not be cross server for PVE...for now. It makes sense they would want to first try the system in small steps and work out any bugs.etc. But it will eventually be added is my prediction. Because they need to add it for the game to prosper and grow.

I always see people say stuff like this. People don't need X-server to act like jerks, you must realize that by now.

95% of my LFD runs in WoW are fine, no one is rude, no one act like an idiot, the run is fast, and smooth.

You would sacrifice more access to game content because you are worried someone will be rude?

The Internet may not be the place for you.

This is such a ballant lie, you are what's wrong with the community. Shame on you. DIAF. The truth is 99% of runs in LFD are fine, haha, gotcha :p

And 63.8% of all statistics are made up.

that's what trion said about it's lfg tool...

i think a lot of it has to do with those players having control issues.

They are the typical control freaks. They feel they MUST have control over other peoples actions.

indeed.... it's all about control. That's the root of what people are talking about anytime they talk about blacklisting; that's all about controlling how other people play.

the reality is that they don't get to control how other people play, even single server even though they've convinced themselves that they do...

Are you new to the internet?
I can't speak for him... but I'm not.

[font="Lucida Console"]                   __
                 /  \
                /|oo \
               (_|  /_)
                _`@/_ \    _
               |     | \   \\
               | (*) |  \   )) 
  ______       |__U__| /  \//
 / FIDO \       _//|| _\   /
(________)     (_/(_|(____/[/font]

I think he's pretty spot on: if you're freaked out by the possibility that someone might be rude to you, that's pretty xenophobic.

Everything else just reinforces the genre's increasing tendency to reward people just for showing up.
That doesn't make any sense at all.

cross server grouping doesn't have anything to do with rewarding people for showing up... it doesn't inherently have anything to do with rewarding people, at all.

You're conflating the reward system that wow (that, incidentally: swtor has copied pretty much verbatim) with the cross server group finding. They're not actually dependent one one another.

And 63.8% of all statistics are made up.

The X-LFD is fine for the majority of people, if it was so terrible then the majority of people wouldn't use it. I enjoy how everyone who doesn't like the X-LFD is somehow so familar with its evils but doesn't have experience in how well its involved.

Again ... all this defense of community in SWTOR; yet, the majority of the servers don't participate in community. There are even posts in the RP section of the forums where people are questioning whether people actually RP in RP servers or not ... really?

So, for the select individuals that are dead set against bringing in a x-server LFG tool, stop using the community as your crutch. Just say what it is that really bothers you; you got burned in WoW, or some other game, and now have a bad experience with it.

It has nothing to do with SWTOR's community, since it's almost non-existent at this point. Again, just search the forums for all the great posts about how people can't find groups due to low pop's or people just not wanting to group.

It's funny how those people would be quick to call hardcore raiders or PvP'ers "elitist" as a way to demean them and insult them ... yet, their actions could also be considered elitist as well. So you don't personally like LFG's ... fine, just say it's your personal preference not to have them. But seriously, get off your "community" soap-box and stop all ready.

Edited by Aeris_Kane

Again ... all this defense of community in SWTOR; yet, the majority of the servers don't participate in community. There are even posts in the RP section of the forums where people are questioning whether people actually RP in RP servers or not ... really?

So, for the select individuals that are dead set against bringing in a x-server LFG tool, stop using the community as your crutch. Just say what it is that really bothers you; you got burned in WoW, or some other game, and now have a bad experience with it.

It has nothing to do with SWTOR's community, since it's almost non-existent at this point. Again, just search the forums for all the great posts about how people can't find groups due to low pop's or people just not wanting to group.

It's funny how those people would be quick to call hardcore raiders or PvP'ers "elitist" as a way to demean them and insult them ... yet, their actions could also be considered elitist as well. So you don't personally like LFG's ... fine, just say it's your personal preference not to have them. But seriously, get off your "community" soap-box and stop all ready.

Unfortunately for you, the overwhelming majority of the people who attended the guild summit approved of group finder being single server only.

Watch this.

At the 12:08 mark. Listen carefully as the MC says "single server only". This simple thing led to huge applause.

Edited by ConradLionhart

I just like some of the people at the start of the thread said have canceled my account, and it really sucks. I love the game, but I do not have the time find a group when I want to play. Not everyone can sit down for hours every time they want to play, however I felt after getting to 50 that if I did not have a couple hours to play their was no point to logging on. So, I didn't. At least if their is a LFG with Q's within reason then I can do something else while I wait.

Unfortunately for you, the overwhelming majority of the people who attended the guild summit approved of group finder being single server only.

Watch this.

At the 12:08 mark. Listen carefully as the MC says "single server only". This simple thing led to huge applause.

When the subs become less and less and people are still not getting into groups they may change their toon.

I find it somewhat amusing that people oppose something they are not even obligated to use if they don't like it.

Watch this.

The guild summet was a joke

I'm sorry that the previous 3 posters are upset that they are not the majority that they like to think they are. Welcome to democracy.

I'm sorry too. I wish that I was omnipotent and are aware of the wants and needs of every single player in the game like you are.

Single server LFG solves the grouping problem...on some servers that have a decent population, during primetime.

Servers with low populations (most of them) are not going to see much of an improvement.

The so called community you care about simply doesn't exist on a ton of servers because everyone either quit or rerolled to Fatman.

I'm sorry too. I wish that I was omnipotent and are aware of the wants and needs of every single player in the game like you are.

Single server LFG solves the grouping problem...on some servers that have a decent population, during primetime.

Servers with low populations (most of them) are not going to see much of an improvement.

The so called community you care about simply doesn't exist on a ton of servers because everyone either quit or rerolled to Fatman.

The only group finder that matters is the one at level 50, where you need people for dailies, group missions, flashpoints and operations.

Lower level content can be soloed once you out level them.

How do you know it won't solve anything? I don't believe that there are not at least 4 level 50s on your server. If all 4 of you want to do something, surely it is just a matter of grouping up.

The only group finder that matters is the one at level 50, where you need people for dailies, group missions, flashpoints and operations.

Lower level content can be soloed once you out level them.

How do you know it won't solve anything? I don't believe that there are not at least 4 level 50s on your server. If all 4 of you want to do something, surely it is just a matter of grouping up.

Really?! REALLY?! So, for all the lowbies that want to experience the content of Athiss, Hammer Station and the rest ... are the just S O L? Well, I guess according to you they are. Be careful ... your elitism is showing.