1.2 Changes to gear. People who min/maxed their potential with mods get shafted.

AMKSED

Yer, I have full BM set...I replaced the mods but ive kept them all so I might be able to switch them back on, its no problem.

What I dont understand is: what you all mean about it getting shafted? You can still swap it for War Hero armor ...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you do is make sure u put the original mods back in before 1.2 if not your current battlemaster gear will stay the same and won't be able to turn in for war hero pieces.

This is false. The turn in Requires the item not the Mods. you can strip out all the mods from BM gear and still turn it in.

So what exactly do we benefit by placing the original mods back in before patch 1.2?

Will our BM pieces be upgraded? And if so by what, I havent seen anything indicating what the mods will turn into, what if the way I have modded my BM gear as of current is better than what it will become in the "upgrade". All in all this BM gear "upgrade" seems a bit ambiguous and it would be nice if someone could shed some light on this topic with a bit more detail.

Bioware hasn't been clear on what is going to happen to the people who changed and moved around the mods/enhancements to their PvP gear. But either way it seems like that the people who changed their mods are now going to be behind and stuff with lesser BM gear in 1.2.

Could Bioware implement an in-game feature where you can swap a BM piece of armor for a fresh/brand new piece of BM armor so the people aren't shafted once 1.2 hits? <--- no because this would be a bad idea

Only problems I can see with above request are peopel taking the mods out and selling them for credits to a vendor. So the easy solution is to make PvP gear worth 0 credits.

Or another solution is to being able to buy the BM mods that go into the armor for a small credit fee and the mods only allowed to be put into BM gear pieces.

min maxers are a huge game problem these are the people that lituraly ruin games abusing exploiting theg ame mechanics in ways to get high advantages over people and these are the ones that dont pick the normal class's but will pick and abuse the overpowerd class's abilitys and items.

justice will prevail if they get shafted :)

min maxers are a huge game problem these are the people that lituraly ruin games abusing exploiting theg ame mechanics in ways to get high advantages over people and these are the ones that dont pick the normal class's but will pick and abuse the overpowerd class's abilitys and items.

This is by far one of the dumbest things I've read on the forums.

Let me get this straight.

I did my time in the WZs, I got my full battlemaster gear. I swapped out mods to get the stats I want.

I spent quite a bit of money actually perfecting my gear, swapping out mods etc without destroying them.

I saved every mod and enhancement I ever got from gear. But here's the thing. I raid as well.

I have an entire page in my bank (what is that, like 100 spaces?) full of mods and enhancements. An entire page of different mods.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I KNOW WHICH ONES WERE ORIGINALLY FROM THE BATTLEMASTER GEAR I PURCHASED!

So Bioware, in their infinite wisdom and grand coding skills basically just thumbs their nose at me and laughs at me being completely screwed because I can't get the gear back to the way it originally was before 1.2?

Now I have to farm an entirely new set of battlemaster, THEN farm the war hero on top of it?

Are you kidding me?

or you could simply walk over to the BM vendor again and look what each piece has originally, and change your gear accordingly... ;)

So what exactly do we benefit by placing the original mods back in before patch 1.2?

Will our BM pieces be upgraded? And if so by what, I havent seen anything indicating what the mods will turn into, what if the way I have modded my BM gear as of current is better than what it will become in the "upgrade". All in all this BM gear "upgrade" seems a bit ambiguous and it would be nice if someone could shed some light on this topic with a bit more detail.

you will get expertise added on each armor/mod/enhancement within each BM piece for a total of 100 expertise/piece

TL;DR

current BM piece has 50 expertise

1.2 BM piece has 100

this should answer all your questions:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

Yeah this irks me. I spent over 300k credits tailoring my PvP and PvE sets to bring me to max potential--all that is soon to be erased by 1.2. Either change the gear for everyone, or don't touch the gear for anyone. People that put 0 effort into tailoring their gear get a much stronger set, and people that min/maxxed and didn't bother to spend millions of credits saving worthless mods/enhancements get shafted.

or you could simply walk over to the BM vendor again and look what each piece has originally, and change your gear accordingly... ;)

I was under the impression that each BM piece needs the original mods, not the original type of mods. If it's the original type, sure I'll just swap back in w/e it had. But I thought people were complaining because the pieces had to be what they were at purchase, they had to be unaltered to be able to turn in.

Can somebody link to an actual dev response that clears this up?

I read it like this:

1. Current gear stats remain unchanged regardless of what you "did" to it. Whatever mods you have in your gear, they will have the same stats/expertise as they do now. Remember expertise is only attached to the armor mod and is not able to be swapped, you can always put your mods/enhancements (but why?) and still have the same expertise as a current BM.

2. BM piece must be turned in to obtain War Hero piece: For me this is the one that really blows. I have bought two BM head and BM two gloves, nowI will be forced to buy other stuff I really dont need, but I'll get over it...

3. WH gear divide expertise amoung all gear slots. New BM gear will have expertise divided in a similar manner. derp!! IDK I guess I would say/hope that the new BM set has the same expertise, but now it is divded into each slot, but I have seen some screens of them adding like +50 expertise to the mod and enhancement slot.... So yeah, current BM stuff will not be as good, BUT also remember that +50 exp is like 1.4% increase per piece. So if they are increasing the expertise curve AND making new BM gear better, that pretty much spells the end for current BM gear. The only other thing could be the fact that they are opening all slots now, and maybe, just maybe, crafters will have access to make expertise in armor/mods/enhan.... That would help me not be as irritated with the change...

I read it like this:

1. Current gear stats remain unchanged regardless of what you "did" to it. Whatever mods you have in your gear, they will have the same stats/expertise as they do now. Remember expertise is only attached to the armor mod and is not able to be swapped, you can always put your mods/enhancements (but why?) and still have the same expertise as a current BM.

2. BM piece must be turned in to obtain War Hero piece: For me this is the one that really blows. I have bought two BM head and BM two gloves, nowI will be forced to buy other stuff I really dont need, but I'll get over it...

3. WH gear divide expertise amoung all gear slots. New BM gear will have expertise divided in a similar manner. derp!! IDK I guess I would say/hope that the new BM set has the same expertise, but now it is divded into each slot, but I have seen some screens of them adding like +50 expertise to the mod and enhancement slot.... So yeah, current BM stuff will not be as good, BUT also remember that +50 exp is like 1.4% increase per piece. So if they are increasing the expertise curve AND making new BM gear better, that pretty much spells the end for current BM gear. The only other thing could be the fact that they are opening all slots now, and maybe, just maybe, crafters will have access to make expertise in armor/mods/enhan.... That would help me not be as irritated with the change...

[EDIT] this assumes you were swapping mods....

i dont see the problem since you can just swap your gear for war hero gear.....derp.

To swap for war hero gear you need to have rated warzone commendations...and for that you need to do rated warzones...and that means doing wz's at a disadvantage because I wanted to make my gear better...

Just get a second set of BM gear? It's not like tokens are hard to get now.

And why would I grind for another bm set if I already posses one, and bioware is lazy to implement some kind of exchange vendor, so we can exchange old (re-moded) armors for new updated ones...

You need to get out more...Not easy OMG....It takes about 16 hour to earn 1k/1k!

I never said it wasn't time consuming. It's simply not difficult. It takes almost no effort to earn comms.

And why would I grind for another bm set if I already posses one, and bioware is lazy to implement some kind of exchange vendor, so we can exchange old (re-moded) armors for new updated ones...

If you didn't save your original mods, that is basically your only option if you want the updated stats to your BM gear. And you're obviously more lazy than Bioware if you aren't willing to replace the mods yourself.

My problem is their reasoning they stated that they didn't want to mess with people's gear choices, but what about the expertise?

Will the near double expertise be added to the mods taken from another set?

Because that seems to be a glaring hole in their logic. 'Oh you can keep the stats you get, but you are not going to be getting the nearly doubled expertise, because you wouldn't want that right?"

Pretty much it seems to me taht they don't have the technical capacity to go and swap out the mods or they don't have the brains to just allow you to exchange current gear.

Just to get this clear. I changed my whole BM gear, all mods, alls enchantments. I spend over 1 million for buying mods and stuff and swapping and and out.

And now, when 1.2 comes, I can just throw away my BM gear, and get the new one?

And everyone who has their unmodded BM gear get better stats?

Just to make it clear.

What do I need to do that my BM gear gets changed? Just mod it back, and that before 1.2 happens?

why is there no official statement -.-

Just to get this clear. I changed my whole BM gear, all mods, alls enchantments. I spend over 1 million for buying mods and stuff and swapping and and out.

And now, when 1.2 comes, I can just throw away my BM gear, and get the new one?

And everyone who has their unmodded BM gear get better stats?

Just to make it clear.

What do I need to do that my BM gear gets changed? Just mod it back, and that before 1.2 happens?

why is there no official statement -.-

They probably want everyone to start at the same time. Maybe they feel if you exchange stuff, you'll be having an advantage over other players.

Who knows?

So... playing the game as intended is an exploit? I bet you'd say using enchants and reforging in WoW are "exploits", even after reading a blue post saying it isn't. The devs put in a mod system in SWTOR, and the purpose is to (gasp!) customize gear the way you see fit! Working as intended.

Sorry for playing the game as intended with intelligence... I will make sure in future games to carebear bad players by acting like a moron and leaving the entirely useless base mods in the gear...