SWTOR: No fat chicks allowed?

Xanikk

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, go look at it. That's muscle. They're built like Olympic powerlifters, not fat dudes.

/agree - my SI looks a lot better with his shirt off than on.

This actually came up during a work discussion with fellow players last week. Since we were at work and couldn't look in-game, we googled Fat SWTOR characters....Hint: DON'T DO THAT...results are very disturbing.

While I agree, having the option might be nice to have, it just opens itself up to all kinda characters running around with "DarthWhale" and "FlourRoller" nicknames, offending a lot more people than those who would be offended at the lack of the ability to make an over-weight female.

My thread about not being able to play as disabled people was deleted. Safe to say that Bioware will allow you to talk about fat people, but not disabled people. I'm definitely going to fight this garbage.

You go ahead but like I said I'm in a wheelchair. Why would I want it in a game? It would just ruin the escape that this game is. On your own.

They don't have it as a large amount of individuals will never ever use the choice, a small amount would, but not enough to really waste anytime with it. It's not discriminating against fat people, only going after the one's who are the majority.

@OP...

Your friend only plays video games where she can play a morbidly obese female character? Since the gaming-verse is awash in these games, which of the many, many games that allow you to play the hot dog necked heroine does she currently partake...?

Edited by pjskull

All I know is my husband chose the fat option for his guy, and I chose the fat option for my gal. His ship droid regularly tells him to go on a diet; tell me that's not fat?

My ship droid knows I'm not fat, but thick, and that I'll kick his shiny metal *** into the asteroid belt if he tries to skinny up the menu.

All I know is my husband chose the fat option for his guy, and I chose the fat option for my gal. His ship droid regularly tells him to go on a diet; tell me that's not fat?

My ship droid knows I'm not fat, but thick, and that I'll kick his shiny metal *** into the asteroid belt if he tries to skinny up the menu.

i hate that people think/refer to the female body type 4 as the fat version for the female.

noone should think that's fat.

most guys find that to be the most attractive female form. fit but curvy.

Exactly. People are trying to turn this into a debate on the relative worth of fat people, and it's nothing of the sort. The original assertion was simply that the type 4 female is not proportional to the type 4 male, and many of us would like it to be.

Except the type 4 male body isn't actually fat.

Because they would be very under used or walking fat jokes. ex Boba fat

Most people use body type 2. Body type 4 is the most underused. MMOs make their money from the majority, it would be stupid to go out of their way and remodel all the charactors and armors for the select few who would use them.

My thread about not being able to play as disabled people was deleted. Safe to say that Bioware will allow you to talk about fat people, but not disabled people. I'm definitely going to fight this garbage.

You go ahead but like I said I'm in a wheelchair. Why would I want it in a game? It would just ruin the escape that this game is. On your own.

Um, they have disabled people in the game. They're called cyborgs. You did notice taht Luke Skywalker is disabled, right? He only has one hand. And Bao Dur only has one arm. Except that in Star Wars we have CYBERNETIC LIMBS! And eyes and anything else you need. Darth Vader is disabled, and he's one of the coolest dudes in the galaxy. Thanks to a cybernetic BODY!

Or in other words, disabled people don't stay disabled. If you want to roleplay that your character is disabled, go right ahead, because it's not uncommon in Star Wars. Disabilities just aren't disabling anymore.

The droid isn't actually saying or implying your character is fat because it says that to all characters, but you are right, the male body type 4 isn't actually fat, it's thick and nothing but muscle.

Not true. All the male heroes in movies all look great, built like a truck, etc. Same for super heroes in video games (batman will never be a fat average joe) and comic books.

The difference is we men don't complain about it. Some women for some reason instantly get depressed when they just see a superior specimen.

There's a whole subgenre of sitcoms about guys with girlfriends that are way hotter than them.

Why does everyone on every internet forum feel the need to be contrarian no matter what the OP has posted.

I swear I could state an undeniable fact and still get deniers.

Lies!

Ohh and the female body type 4 isn't a bean pole by any means.....chunky is what she is.

Um, they have disabled people in the game. They're called cyborgs. You did notice taht Luke Skywalker is disabled, right? He only has one hand. And Bao Dur only has one arm. Except that in Star Wars we have CYBERNETIC LIMBS! And eyes and anything else you need. Darth Vader is disabled, and he's one of the coolest dudes in the galaxy. Thanks to a cybernetic BODY!

Or in other words, disabled people don't stay disabled. If you want to roleplay that your character is disabled, go right ahead, because it's not uncommon in Star Wars. Disabilities just aren't disabling anymore.

No, cyborgs aren't disabled people, they are cybernetically enhanced people. Some actually opt for cybernetics even though they have a perfectly functional body.

There's a whole subgenre of sitcoms about guys with girlfriends that are way hotter than them.

Yeah, because all overweight guys are stupid and clumsy and child-like and therefor considered funny and endearing. There should be more attractive males in sitcoms! :cool:

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Blackavaar

I like curvy ladies. In fact, my lady uses ONLY female body type 4 characters. Well, except for her Juggernaut which is body type 1. She wanted to be a Tiny Tank there. lol

Also, try the F2P City of Heroes. You can play a chunky girl there if you want. Not sure if it's been said already, since I didn't feel like going back through all the pages, but there you have it. :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.