Sorcerer Shield Barrier PVP

-Esper-

I think that Sith Sorcerer has a very long period of action of "Shield Barrier" - 30 sec, and in the same time has a short cooldown - 4,5 sec for this ability. Shield Barrier removes absolutly all damage. it is not normal situation for the PVP fighting. :(

There is no way that bubble reduces 100% damage for 30 seconds... really?

Its possible. If the enemy player dealt less than 3200 damage over its 30 second duration to the sorc/sage... in that case the bubble "removed all damage for 30 second".

I think that Sith Sorcerer has a very long period of action of "Shield Barrier" - 30 sec, and in the same time has a short cooldown - 4,5 sec for this ability. Shield Barrier removes absolutly all damage. it is not normal situation for the PVP fighting. :(

The game is not at all balanced <50.

It lasts alot longer than 3200 damage.

Do you even know how static barrier works?

Or you are one of those who claim that static barrier absorbs 20000 damage?

Also static barrier lasts up to 30 second if not broken unless you recast it. At most you will be put up a new barrier once ever 17 seconds on the same target. Full BM it will absorb around 3200-3500 damage. So you will need around 200dps (damage per second) to break it. Most dps classes in SWTOR has around 1000 to 1200 dps. This means on average it takes about 3 to 5 seconds to break the bubble leaving the sorc with nothing between their cloth armor and your lightsabers/missiles for the remaining 12 to 14 second.

Actually i dont know if you played BM leveled PvP where most DPS class can take out your bubble in just 1 or 2 attacks. e.g the bubble absorbs 1 single tracer missile crit.

It's not even that strong to be honest.

It's 30secs, it can be only 2 seconds if you are healer(cooldown), but you can't reactivate it in 20 next seconds, or 17 seconds if you have special PvP set to reduce then reactivation time.

If we're talking about sorcs/sages and what is OP and whatever in them, i really don't think that shield is in this place, it's all the amount of CC and hybrid in the madness/balance and the second tree, not the bubble.

Shield is the only defence they have, and without it they are just torn down like a paper

Do you even know how static barrier works?

Or you are one of those who claim that static barrier absorbs 20000 damage?

Also static barrier lasts up to 30 second if not broken unless you recast it. At most you will be put up a new barrier once ever 17 seconds on the same target. Full BM it will absorb around 3200-3500 damage. So you will need around 200dps (damage per second) to break it. Most dps classes in SWTOR has around 1000 to 1200 dps. This means on average it takes about 3 to 5 seconds to break the bubble leaving the sorc with nothing between their cloth armor and your lightsabers/missiles for the remaining 12 to 14 second.

Actually i dont know if you played BM leveled PvP where most DPS class can take out your bubble in just 1 or 2 attacks. e.g the bubble absorbs 1 single tracer missile crit.

Again, it lasts a lot longer than 3200 damage, but nice try.

For a sniper it will take about 5 seconds to break the shield. Two ambush casts. In those 5 seconds we are stationary. In those 5 seconds the sith/sage can remove about 50% of a snipers health since the attacks of a sage/sorc are not affected by our defences.

For a sniper it will take about 5 seconds to break the shield. Two ambush casts. In those 5 seconds we are stationary. In those 5 seconds the sith/sage can remove about 50% of a snipers health since the attacks of a sage/sorc are not affected by our defences.

And you can ambush twice in 5 seconds? lol

Again, it lasts a lot longer than 3200 damage, but nice try.

Sigh this is why I hate to talk to newbies that dont know how the game works.

The formula of static barrier is from sithwarrior.com

The equation for the absorption is 1162 + 327% Bonus Healing

Lightning Barrier is a multiplicative bonus (talent that increase static barrier by 20%) on the full value so making the formula 1394 + 392.4% Bonus Healing

I am full BM with power/surge modded at 494.6 bonus healing. (I can include a screenshot if the newbie still refuse to believe the truth that contradicts his false personal experience).

My static barrier absorbs...

1394 + 3.924*(494.6) = 1394 + 1940.81 = 3334.81 damage absorbed...

Sigh kiddos thesedays. But I guess ignorance is a bliss.

edit: fixed typo

Edited by warultima

The shied has a debuff for 20sec (17with pvp gear pieces to support it) and pops vs low geared guys within 2-3 hit and vs equal geared dps even in 1-2 max.

Plus it is the only defensiv skill sorcs have, that is independent from positioning runoff possibilities.

Sorcs have it hard as it is with surviving in the 50 bracket without the shied the class would be even more of a bad joke

So why are you complaining again?

Edited by Jamuro

Ok, but if we have on the battlefield 6 sorcerers, everyone of them with this shield, and everybody of them can renew this shield in time of 4,5 sec one on another consequentially, how to stop them?

The debuff follows the target of the barrier. So you still cannot cross shielding faster than the debuff goes away (17s the fastest).

People can be real clueless.

If you are bubbled by 1 sorc even if you have 75 other sorcs around you, you still cannot be bubbled again for 17 to 20 seconds.

sigh...

this links to a sithwarrior.com poster making a post regarding to force barrier formula

Edited by warultima

Ok, but if we have on the battlefield 6 sorcerers, everyone of them with this shield, and everybody of them can renew this shield in time of 4,5 sec one on another consequentially, how to stop them?

they CAN'T renew it in 4.5 sec, the time of debuff that prevents putting a new shield is 17/20 sec

As usual people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, crying op and discarding math with their own anecdotal evidence and "how it feels".

But hey i guess i just summed up 90% of the threads on any official pvp forums for any mmo ever made.

As usual people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, crying op and discarding math with their own anecdotal evidence and "how it feels".

But hey i guess i just summed up 90% of the threads on any official pvp forums for any mmo ever made.

I love satire... your post is GENIUS!

90%... *wipes eyes from crying from laughing*