Server population is dropping...

Miffy

There is nothing wrong with this game! It's all the people that are QQn. I love this game it's perfect. Granted it has tons of flaws and there are barely anyone on @ peek hours (depending on ur server)Bioware did a great a job! They will carry there great rep of MMO's like Warhammer with EA and LOTR!;)

LoL oh boy....I actually felt like a fanboi! :wea_14:>:hope_03:<If I actually read another post stating this game has nothing wrong with it!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this issue doesn't impact you in any way, please stop trolling.

Roughly 25 percent of the North American servers are experiencing extreme attrition due to low population. If these servers are not merged, these particular servers (not yours, obviously) will become unplayable for anything but solo questing. Most people purchase MMOs so they can raid or PVP with other people, so I'm sure you can appreciate why the people on the light population servers feel cheated.

A few points:

1) I generally only respond to people who post "all the servers are empty" or "all the servers are dead" hyperbole (use of "all" when "all" is an incorrect statement is negative hyperbole). As was the case in my most recent responses yesterday. And when I do it is to provide objective comparison to "all the servers are empty", because they are not. By your own admission it's about 25% of the servers, and I generally agree with your assessment on that. So, by contrast 75% of the servers have healthy thriving populations on them.

2) I have on numerous occasions acknowledged there are some servers struggling, when I do comment.

3) Bioware has said server transfers are coming, they just have not announced when and how yet.

4) each of us has a right as forum members to post in threads, and NOT be accused of trolling for doing so.

Edited by Andryah

There is nothing wrong with this game! It's all the people that are QQn. I love this game it's perfect. Granted it has tons of flaws and there are barely anyone on @ peek hours (depending on ur server)Bioware did a great a job! They will carry there great rep of MMO's like Warhammer with EA and LOTR!;)

LoL oh boy....I actually felt like a fanboi! :wea_14:>:hope_03:<If I actually read another post stating this game has nothing wrong with it!

It's a little hard to tell what you actually mean towards the end of the first paragraph, but are you actually claiming that Bioware made Warhammer Online? If so, you'd be wrong.

Edited by Runeshard

You can't even make up your own mind... how can a perfect game have tonnes of flaws?? simple answer it's not perfect, it's not close, not now, not after the 1.2. This game lacks a. as a Star Wars game and secondly as a MMO. So when you market yourself as both of those and don't meet either requirment I don't know how you can say it's perfect...

All of BW releases in the last 3/4 years have been very poor, any reputation you place on them clearly isn't deserved. The server population has dramatically decreased and while the game is in it's current design state, that will continue to happen.

It's a little hard to tell what you actually mean towards the end of the first paragraph, but are you actually claiming that Bioware made Warhammer Online? If so, you'd be wrong.

Mythic did.

Then Mythic was bought by EA.

Then Mythic was merged with Bioware to make up EA's RPG division.

Any guesses who was the main SWTOR Dev Team?

If you guessed Mythic left-overs, you win!

Hi, I'm on the same server! I completely agree with you. Game is dying, at least our server is....

I love over generalization then dialing it back after the cat's out of the bag... like that slimy lawyer that phrases some awful lie at the end of a line of questioning just to get in the minds of the jury... then qualifies it down, or withdraws it...

A server may have low population, but the overall game is FAR from dying... as evident by heavy, very heavy, and standard servers all over the place.

I am sorry you picked a bad server, or was assigned one at start. I was too and re-rolled 3 weeks into launch and the fuller server I went to is doing wonderful.

I hope server transfers come soon, so you can come back to a full server.

So, by contrast 75% of the servers have healthy thriving populations on them.
No. 25% have visually unhealthy populations as determined by the server status page.

But standard status is a very large range, ranging from unhealthy populations on the lower end to healthy populations on the higher end. Given the wide disparity between either extreme, it's hard to determine how healthy any of these "standard" servers really are.

I know from personal experience that even "middle of the pack" on the standard scale is closer to an unhealthy population than a healthy one.

While there may only be 25% of servers that are unquestionably unhealthy, there's maybe 25% (and likely fewer) that are unquestionably healthy.

All the rest are in some state of limbo. The server I play on, The Jekk-Jekk Tarr, has what you would consider a healthy population, but I've witnessed a roughly 50% decrease in activity since I started playing on it in February, and a particularly noticeable drop in activity since ~3/20 alone.

Mythic did.

Was there anyone from BioWare who moved to BioWare Austin to work on the game? Because from what I've heard, BWA is basically a completely new developer, related to BW in name only. Edited by Ansultares

Mythic did.

I know all that, and it's Bioware calling the shots. I was just pointing out that Bioware had nothing to do with the creation of Warhammer Online, a small but insistant number of people get that wrong.

I've tried Warhammer Online, didn't like it at all. Swtor is leagues better, so I don't think you have much of a point.

I've tried Warhammer Online, didn't like it at all. Swtor is leagues better, so I don't think you have much of a point.
Funny, because they're very similar games outside of the IP.

SWTOR's combat basically is a devolution of WAR's. I use the term "WAR 0.9" because they're otherwise that close, but WAR's was just that much more complex.

I know all that, and it's Bioware calling the shots. I was just pointing out that Bioware had nothing to do with the creation of Warhammer Online, a small but insistant number of people get that wrong.

You point was Bioware had nothing to do with Warhammer.

My point is Bioware has had little to do with SWTOR. It's been Mythic, and the Dragon Age team, and some stories written by Drew (Who has now left Bioware completely).

This is a Mythic game, through and through.

Warhammer was nothing like DAoC. Both done by Mythic.

My point is Bioware has had little to do with SWTOR. It's been Mythic, and the Dragon Age team, and some stories written by Drew (Who has now left Bioware completely).

Azumio, it's time for you to flush this false mythology that you drop into almost every post you make.

Your above statement, often repeated in this forum is complete fabrication, and contradicts public facts about the RPG business consolidations within EA. Anyone can go and check the history of Bioware and Mythic and see that you are presenting false information, for your own personal reasons (whatever they may be).

Mythic, and it's creative and design leadership and implementation control ceased to exist in summer of 2009. Mythic creative and design leadership never had control over the design of SWTOR prior to summer of 2009, and ceased to exist in any tangible form from summer of 2009 onward.

What, if anything, was left of the Mythic workforce were organizationally folded into a new RPG group formed by EA and run by the Bioware management team. This was done in June of 2009 and resulted in the departure of the creative leadership of Mythic from the company. In November of 2009, any remaining fundamental identity of Mythic even at the rank and file level of the workforce was destroyed though a large reduction in force resulting from completing the formation of the Bioware RPG group within EA.

If you have ever been part of a merger and consolidation between two corporate entities, you would know that the loser is beheaded and canabalized through RIF, and that development and creative identity is retained and driven by the winner. Bioware was the winner, and Mythic was the loser in this particular case, which makes sense in the context of Biowares commercial success and Mythics commercial failure and collapse with the slow decline of DAoC and rapid decline of Warhammer.

While I am sure that some rank and file members of the old Mythic staff were retained, all the creative direction, development and productization of SWTOR was done under Bioware management and leadership NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

If the new RPG group were headed by Mark Jacobs from the summer of 2009, you would have some ground to stand on in your myth and it's associated complaints. However, that is not what happened, and everyone here can check the public history to see you are wrong.

Now, if you were to claim that Bioware has it's fingers and ethos all over Warhammer, from Summer of 2009, that would be a correct statement.

Funny, because they're very similar games outside of the IP.

SWTOR's combat basically is a devolution of WAR's. I use the term "WAR 0.9" because they're otherwise that close, but WAR's was just that much more complex.

I don't agree that the games are very similar outside of the IP, Warhammer doesn't have Swtor's story for one thing, nor does it have the companions etc. In a word I would describe my opinion of Warhammer as clunky, I just didn't enjoy it and it was like that from the start. Swtor on the other hand I enjoyed myself immensely from the first time I tried it and I still do.

During the downtrend of activity before a patch, yes having a good portion of servers at standard is perfectly acceptable.

If this was the day after a major content patch then it would be something to be concerned with, but since its not... its not.

Not three months into the games launch. Sorry.

These threads sound just like every other games forums... ripe with trolls and doomsayers.

Btw.. DCUO wasn't even a good game to begin with, save for the character customization, that's why it went F2P.Btw.. DCUO wasn't even a good game to begin with, save for the character customization, that's why it went F2P.

Btw.. DCUO wasn't even a good game to begin with, save for the character customization, that's why it went F2P.

Btw.. DCUO wasn't even a good game to begin with, save for the character customization, that's why it went F2P.

Swtor isn't a good "game "either. The stories are good but the actual game and gameplay ere terribad.

Like Andryah points out in the post below yours Bioware and Mythic were merged with Bioware calling the shots. There are indeed a few people who have worked/are working on Swtor but it's hardly the case that "Bioware has had little to do with SWTOR".

I just started playing TOR on Tuesday w/ a trial, but from my position of relative ignorance it seems like they just scaled out way too much, expecting more players than was realistic.

Started out playing a smuggler on Shadowlands and the HUGE environments in hub areas combined w/ a total online population of not more than 30 per zone (that was at the fleet @ ~ 9PM EDT) the first couple of nights playing this toon was pretty jarring, especially on Corruscant. Seems slightly better w/ the juggernaut I've been playing on Canderous (usually around 120 or so when I've been at the fleet and 60 or so on Kaas and Balmorra), but still nothing like EQ or SWG were, even when they were in their population declines.

Seems to me like server merges are the solution.

I hope they can make a go of it w/o going to a pay to win kind of scenario, the game seems pretty fun to me. There are some relatively big features missing, but the environments, gameplay, and story all seem great to me so far. Have been having enough fun that I went ahead and subbed last night.

Edited by SidNitzerglobin

I just started playing ToR on Tuesday w/ a trial, but from my position of relative ignorance it seems like they just scaled out way too much, expecting more players than was realistic.

Started out playing a smuggler on Shadowlands and the HUGE environments in hub areas combined w/ a total online population of not more than 30 per zone (that was at the fleet @ ~ 9PM EDT) the first couple of nights playing this toon way pretty jarring, especially on Corruscant. Seems slightly better w/ the juggernaut I've been playing on Canderous (usually around 120 or so when I've been at the fleet and 60 or so on Kaas and Balmorra), but still nothing like EQ or SWG were, even when they were in their population declines.

I hope they can make a go of it w/o going to a pay to win kind of scenario, the game seems pretty fun to me. There are some relatively big features missing, but the environments, gameplay, and story all seem great to me so so far. Have been having enough fun that I went ahead and subbed last night.

I've heard that they're holding off on server transfers and merges until they are sure it'll work with the Legacy system. That's just a rumor though, no idea if it's true but it sounds plausible.

Edit: and welcome to the game :)

Edited by Runeshard

I just started playing TOR on Tuesday w/ a trial, but from my position of relative ignorance it seems like they just scaled out way too much, expecting more players than was realistic.

Started out playing a smuggler on Shadowlands and the HUGE environments in hub areas combined w/ a total online population of not more than 30 per zone (that was at the fleet @ ~ 9PM EDT) the first couple of nights playing this toon was pretty jarring, especially on Corruscant. Seems slightly better w/ the juggernaut I've been playing on Canderous (usually around 120 or so when I've been at the fleet and 60 or so on Kaas and Balmorra), but still nothing like EQ or SWG were, even when they were in their population declines.

I hope they can make a go of it w/o going to a pay to win kind of scenario, the game seems pretty fun to me. There are some relatively big features missing, but the environments, gameplay, and story all seem great to me so far. Have been having enough fun that I went ahead and subbed last night.

Glad you are having a good time. I had a lot of fun the first few weeks too.

Give it a month though and then come back and tell us how you feel.

GIVE US TRANSFER!

The only server that have quite stable online (usually minimum standart) and in picks very haavy (almost impossible situation NOW...) is Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It was my server & at first 2 week it always have Very heavy or Full (Queue about 2+ hours). I think it is now 1 of few server on which game is quite pretty. On Hex droid (my current server) republic popultion now is 20 people on fleet. On Tomb of freedon Nadd - more than 100 (checked just now) on fleet. I want to be transferred there. But what BW said?! - Impossible, not service we can give to u - go on Pacific asia servers! I ve checked that pacific asia - usually it s light every time im playing. Now there is only 50 Repubs on fleet. It s low level too. Normal is 100 on fleet, im sure. 100 people on fleet gives a guarantee of usual wz`s without 1h waiting. 50 people on fleet saying that after 3 months there will be 5 people.

So BW u have to do 1 of few things:

1) Give a possiblity to transfer characters with minimul restrictions. It`s ur fault that there r SO much servers with 50-200 people online (funny numbers for MMO). The normal every-second-online have to be few thousands of people on every server (minimum 200 people on fleet + 50-70 peiople on every planet)

2) Close few the worst servers with lowest online and give gamers without "home" a possibility to transfer characters on other servers

3) Monitor every *********** day it situation and doing some actions (trunsfers, closings, servers increasing if popularity high). As u ve killed the queues 3 months ago u know ve to do something to back us high online in other case all ur new legacies will not help u to keep ur games on ur game for a years, how it possible if ur playing with urself (today i was not in flash for whole day (about 8 hours of playing totally between 3PM and 4 AM by Moscow time). Comparing with 3 months ago situation i ve done flashes 3-5 times per day on same level (i now have new low lvl character). What`s happened BW? People went away? Or just cause of queues they ve just have gone on other servers, gowned their characters and now like me do not know what to do noticing how their server dies? Sure that 2nd variant or middle. U guys made a perfect game, but bad marketing strategy. Review lineage ruoff servers (not advertising). Thay 40 000 online every day on 14 servers (apprx. 2800 gamers every minute). U have 10 times more, i m sure, but all these online "smeared" by 229 servers?!?! U think its normal?!?!?:eek: So some serves as freedon has few thousand, and like mine has few hundreds. It is very critical think, considering how big ur world.

So BW, do something if u want to have ur money still...cause i want to play on 1.2 patch with normal online.

Always ur respect fan.:confused:

Edited by Chaykin

My server is well and truly dead (Sceptre of Ragnos) I reckon that there is a couple of hundred people playing on it AT MOST. It just seems like BW is burying their head in the sand!

I can’t describe how annoyed I am of having 3 level 50 toons on a server which has 30 people on fleet at peak times! I was in the first wave of invites in the head-start, and so I don’t think I should have to start from scratch on another server, I have spent 4 months of my life building my legacy, BW needs to get server transfers up and running like a week ago!

Yes games like Wow did not have server transfers up for many years after launch, but one has to realize that server transfers were not standard practise back then. However, it is these days. Therefore, my message to BW is to stop being idiots and acknowledge that there is a MASSIVE problem, that 1.2 will not solve anything, and if they don’t want to continue losing subscribers hand over fist to get the server transfers up and running VERY VERY soon and lasty to show use people that are trying our best to weather the storm that there is hope.

The drop in server populations all began with Gabe Amatangalo and his abysmal design of Ilum which quite frankly was laughably terrible! That guy should be demoted to coffee and tea maker! I might get a warning for what I have said here but I don’t care! What I am saying is the truth.

Edited by Covax

right now talos restoration server 9 people on fleet..noone on ilum...sad very sad

I know pops are low but you can't go by he Zone number in the upper left hand corner it is always stuck at nine....last week our guild had a guild meeting on Tatooine sixty of us zoned into Anchorhead; the Zone number said it was nine. They need to either fix that or remove it because right now it's useless.

I Cancelled my 6 month sub 41 days ago and havent logged in till today. My guild is stronger than ever but the server is still dead and that ruins it for the little guy. Bioware you have failed.