Remove columi from hard mode flashpoints.

Macabakur

Fairly self explanatory, get rid of columi from flash points, add better than normal but not equatable to operations blue and purple uniques to each hard mode flashpoint boss.

Also, either remove or retool columi/tionese/Rakata vendors to give stims and buffs for tokens not gear.

Last but not least, change the set bonuses on normal and hardmode operations. It doesn't make sense that the normal has the same set bonus as the hardmode.

Do all of these fairly easy to implement I'd think things and people across the land will smile a non cheese mode smile and say a hearty "thanks, you really do get end game after all."

Edited by Macabakur

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, no.

Why? Please give a reason why you want the game to suffer from a cheese filled loot and loot getting system. It's cheesy you get what you want or you save some tokens and get what you want. It shouldn't be that easy. It's pedantic and boring the way it is now

Why? Please give a reason why you want the game to suffer from a cheese filled loot and loot getting system. It's cheesy you get what you want or you save some tokens and get what you want. It shouldn't be that easy. It's pedantic and boring the way it is now

How is it boring to get better gear? This enables you to gear up in multiple ways.

There's really no point with new gear and ways to obtain the gear coming with 1.2 and as for the rest of your suggestions...no no and more no. Want better gear you can't buy or make? Go earn it. Edited by Kindara

How is it boring to get better gear? This enables you to gear up in multiple ways.

Its boring because if you actually like doing pve flashpoints like me. I geared 5/5 in less than 2 weeks. That sucks, I don't want to feel trapped by my gear and I do. There's not enough variety and the stuff that is there isnt different than normal ops stuff. When I do ops I don't want to end up with gear that's worse than what I got in a flashpoint. That's seriously no fun.

Think about it. It's lame, there needs to be more variety and less avenues to spam getting gear from.

Edited by Macabakur

Well im gonna be honest, I think the Columi/Rakata is really easy to get....If you like what your given then fine carry on with it....

In the meantime the rest of us are trying to Grind the 25Mod/Enhancements, so we can replace the S*** (JK Guardian defense crap) mods/enhancements that are on all the columi/rakata sets...!!

TBH its why I see so many BAD JK guardian tank's.....What your stacking defence because the game gave you it......Ok then.!!!

Anyone knows that getting a 5 piece is easy, getting the stats you actually need on it is a different story.

Edited by Nippon

Its boring because if you actually like doing pve flashpoints like me. I geared 5/5 in less than 2 weeks. That sucks, I don't want to feel trapped by my gear and I do. There's not enough variety and the stuff that is there isnt different than normal ops stuff. When I do ops I don't want to end up with gear that's worse than what I got in a flashpoint. That's seriously no fun.

Think about it. It's lame, there needs to be more variety and less avenues to spam getting gear from.

Wait, you are contradicting yourself. You say you like doing the flashpoints, but then you say you are bored because you are already geared? Seems you just like getting new gear. You could always start gearing up your companions to fufill that need for new stuff.

Tionese should drop from hard mode flashpoints + normal mode ops

Columi should drop from hard mode ops

Rakata should drop from nightmare mode ops

That way you wouldn't outgear the content as much before doing it. Columi gear is overkill for normal mode ops/HM flashpoints. Rakata is overkill for HM ops.

I dont think they are likely to change it much since a new tier of gear will be out soon. Tier 2 works out similar to what I put above I think, 3 levels of gear split between story/HM/NMM.

I understand your point of view op and agree to a point, but I doubt it will happen.

When grouping in EQ2, I found that a lot of people wanted to blow through group content as fast as possible, raid equiped toons of course are quicker than those that were not. It didn't affect me, but I can remember getting into groups and seeing people being refused due to the quality of there gear.

I think BW likes the way things are as it gives those who play less a chance to gain some deceng gear without having to raid.

The current set up is friendly to those who play less, so potenially more subs from people who don't have as much time play as you or myself.

There has got to be a better way than simply throwing high level gear at everyone though. If they want to give non-raiders access to raid quality gear then it should be a lot slower than currently. BoEs and commendations from the weekly for the higher level gear would be fine IMO.

The flashpoint/normal mode ops weekly giving columi commendations and the Hardmode ops weekly giving rakata commendations for example. They would have to add rakata commendations but you get the idea.

It would also let the raiders fill in the gear slots that have a habit of always dropping the wrong class token.

That would keep people working for gear for longer, giving more incentive to keep playing.

Edited by Ezion

Wait, you are contradicting yourself. You say you like doing the flashpoints, but then you say you are bored because you are already geared? Seems you just like getting new gear. You could always start gearing up your companions to fufill that need for new stuff.

I didn't actually, if you would have read that the way it was intended. I like pve flashpoints because it's the step between leveling and raid content. I finished that in under two weeks I'm not that insanely hardcore I did two a day average. I shouldn't be fully geared in two weeks that's lame. I dont want to be forced to do hard mode ops because the gear I got after doing one normal is already better than anything in normal. How am I supposed to learn the content if I'm already past it before I start it?

Fairly self explanatory, get rid of columi from flash points, add better than normal but not equatable to operations blue and purple uniques to each hard mode flashpoint boss.

Also, either remove or retool columi/tionese/Rakata vendors to give stims and buffs for tokens not gear.

Last but not least, change the set bonuses on normal and hardmode operations. It doesn't make sense that the normal has the same set bonus as the hardmode.

Do all of these fairly easy to implement I'd think things and people across the land will smile a non cheese mode smile and say a hearty "thanks, you really do get end game after all."

Oh sure screw over those who haven't had a chance to get that gear yet.

So long as you got yours huh?

I didn't actually, if you would have read that the way it was intended. I like pve flashpoints because it's the step between leveling and raid content. I finished that in under two weeks I'm not that insanely hardcore I did two a day average. I shouldn't be fully geared in two weeks that's lame. I dont want to be forced to do hard mode ops because the gear I got after doing one normal is already better than anything in normal. How am I supposed to learn the content if I'm already past it before I start it?

You know you can run something just for fun without a gear reward, shocking I know......

I understand your point of view op and agree to a point, but I doubt it will happen.

When grouping in EQ2, I found that a lot of people wanted to blow through group content as fast as possible, raid equiped toons of course are quicker than those that were not. It didn't affect me, but I can remember getting into groups and seeing people being refused due to the quality of there gear.

I think BW likes the way things are as it gives those who play less a chance to gain some deceng gear without having to raid.

The current set up is friendly to those who play less, so potenially more subs from people who don't have as much time play as you or myself.

but what about us? why aren't they catering to us? the people that actually play alot? that's what doesnt make sense to me. I'm sorry, if you don't have time to run operations you should not be able to get that level of gear. by doing that they're alienating the people that really invest time in their game.

Oh sure screw over those who haven't had a chance to get that gear yet.

So long as you got yours huh?

I wouldn't put it like that. but let's make an example of that. If you go to work for 9 hours and get 120 dollars for that time and guy 2 with all the same credentials as you puts in 4 hours and makes the same 120 dollars wouldn't that perturb you a bit?

3 posts in a row! none of these ideas I put out are game breaking, and in fact they'd foster a sense of accomplishment when you actually do gear up. At the moment there's no accomplishment at all, it's just like do this get this do this get this. there's no chance, there's no reward. it's boring, and they can do much better. they're easy concepts, that would work, sorry casual players, step up your game.

Or just play casually, that's totally fine, but you shouldn't be able to keep up to the guy (me) running two or three hard modes a day trying to get stuff done.

i'm fine if people want to shoot these ideas down, but there are players like me, getting fed up at the loot system put in place post 50, that doesn't reward hard work but rather gives love to people that just do the bare minimum.

p.s.

Normal mode ops are easier than most hard mode flashpoints. If anything Columi gear should be removed from normal ops before it is removed from HM flashpoints.
not true, tell me any fight in any hard mode flashpoint that's as hard as bonecrusher. not.. or Soa for that matter. Nothing comes close to that kind of complexity in a hard mode, i've done them all, I know :p Edited by Macabakur

p.s. not true, tell me any fight in any hard mode flashpoint that's as hard as bonecrusher. not.. or Soa for that matter. Nothing comes close to that kind of complexity in a hard mode, i've done them all, I know :p

Normal mode ops are definitely easier than many hard mode flashpoints. There are plenty of people on my server who've clears all the ops but can't get through all the fps.

I agree this system is absloutely the worst food stamp gear system ive ever seen. there is no individuality the set gear means nothing. i feel absloutely zero accomplishment in my columni gear , it looks ridiculous and Rakata is nothing but a few points better making me not even want to continue my guilds raid progression. Itemization in this game is lame.

No, even as a person who raids hard modes I know this is a bad idea.

You are not a special flower, BW is a business and they are and should always look out for the interest of the majority of their players not a few.

p.s. not true, tell me any fight in any hard mode flashpoint that's as hard as bonecrusher. not.. or Soa for that matter. Nothing comes close to that kind of complexity in a hard mode, i've done them all, I know :p
We find Vokk quite annoying. We're pretty sure this is latency-related as requiring 0.5 seconds to move out of the purple circle to avoid losing 70% health is quite harsh.

Most of the optional bosses give us a lot of trouble; at least we can skip those. >.>

Oh and you pretty much admit it's about the gear to you and not the challenge. You aren't a real raider. Real raiders do it for the challenge.