Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So I am assuming 1.2 releases tomorrow?

Majestic_Jazz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just logged into my game and I noticed a warning that servers will be shut down for 4 hours tomorrow.

I am assuming that this is 1.2?

1.2 patch aint ready i am playing on the pts and there is sound issues and cut scene issues that need fixed

No they wont do 1.2 till the next subscription cycle clears. Since 1.2 is changing so much it would be suicide for them to release prior to a major subscription renewal period. They need to get their money before they release and tick off a large percentage of the population still left that are expecting 1.2 to be a saving grace but in reality probably will only disenfranchise a good amount of their current supporters and not be enough to make all the negative nancy's become supporters.

1.2 will not be released in the upcoming maintenance, but you can hop onto the Public Test Server to check it out! We'll be releasing updates to PTS as we prepare to move 1.2 to live servers, and we'll let you know when 1.2 will be live as soon as we can.

Then please tell us WHAT will be patched...

its not a far fetched assumption! why else would they bring down servers on a friday night (australia) unless its to fix something that they broke when they tried to fix something earlier in the week...

No they wont do 1.2 till the next subscription cycle clears. Since 1.2 is changing so much it would be suicide for them to release prior to a major subscription renewal period. They need to get their money before they release and tick off a large percentage of the population still left that are expecting 1.2 to be a saving grace but in reality probably will only disenfranchise a good amount of their current supporters and not be enough to make all the negative nancy's become supporters.

Yeah so nothing to do with the fact that the patch is not actually ready due to having a lot of bugs then........

Why troll? If you don't like the game find something you do like.

In answer to "why troll" when I don't overly feel I was.... I was laughing because the OP assumed this would be 1.2. BW gave us the expectation of April and in my experience whenever a developer gives you a time expectation it's never earlier then the given expectation.

As to me not liking the game...

I love the game.

So I will go find something I do like which would be playing TOR, which I can't do till afterwork which brings me full circle to your "Why troll?" question...

Someone forgot to wear their foil hat.

If you mean Datku then yeah.

In answer to "why troll" when I don't overly feel I was.... I was laughing because the OP assumed this would be 1.2. BW gave us the expectation of April and in my experience whenever a developer gives you a time expectation it's never earlier then the given expectation.

As to me not liking the game...

I love the game.

So I will go find something I do like which would be playing TOR, which I can't do till afterwork which brings me full circle to your "Why troll?" question...

You forgot to mention the fact that you edited your post where you claimed there was no patch and that it was just a maintainance, but upon realising you were wrong deleted it and wrote "hahaha 1.2.." yeah.

Edited by System_TOR

I just logged into my game and I noticed a warning that servers will be shut down for 4 hours tomorrow.

I am assuming that this is 1.2?

Dude, they have not even loaded all of 1.2s features on PTS yet for play test.

1.2 looks to be a minimum of 3-4 weeks out at this point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.