Bioware going back on their word?

bartillo

Did anyone else have their purchase date changed on the website and/or in the origin client?

My "Thank you for registering" Preorder email was on 7/21 at 8:19 pm, and both the swtor website and origin client showed a 7/21 purchase date last time I checked. That was I think 3 days ago. Now they both say Friday the 22nd.

I see no date on my page. Just a "wait for the email" message.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that you violated the site's Rules of Conduct, and thus the same would have been done had you been addressing anyone else?

What rule did I break?

Calling someone a liar is against the rules now is it? What is this, Kinderparty?

What rule did I break?

Calling someone a liar is against the rules now is it? What is this, Kinderparty?

Well, it's just considered bad manners...Now go sit in the time-out chair and think about how you would feel if someone called you a liar.

What rule did I break?

Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another Member or guest that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about Members or guests, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, attacking a Member or guest based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

“Trolling,” which we define as posts or threads that knowingly lead to overly strong, negative, and emotional responses for mere shock value, is not allowed on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums. Accounts created with the sole intent to “troll” will be immediately and permanently suspended. Constant personal attacks are also considered trolling.

To begin with. If you have a problem with the rules of these forums, you're perfectly entitled to take that with you as you go.

I'm also rather amused at how unconcerned you are with defending the accuracy of your accusations. This has implications.

Edited by Inarai

What rule did I break?

The Rules of Conduct excerpt:

It violates BioWare's Terms of Service if you (or others using your Account) engage in any of the following behavior:

Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another Member or guest that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about Members or guests, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, attacking a Member or guest based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

EDIT: You may not like it, but it's their site, their show, their rules.

Deal with it.

- Elim

Edited by Eliminarion

We haven't finished invites for the day yet, but I can tell you from seeing the list with my own eyes, no-one who pre-ordered in (for example) October is in the game - unless they made two accounts and registered two pre-order codes.

We're inviting more people later today, as stated.

Apparently not September either because my preorder is September 2 and i havnt gotten anything yet ... but im patient ... take your time... ill wait my turn:cool:

We haven't finished invites for the day yet, but I can tell you from seeing the list with my own eyes, no-one who pre-ordered in (for example) October is in the game - unless they made two accounts and registered two pre-order codes.

I find it wierd that you are takeing October as an examble, since many of us in Scandinavia redeemed our codes the 22 of july and still havn't seen anything about an early access e-mail yet. only thing we have gotten is the guild deployment status e-mail...

I find it wierd that you are takeing October as an examble, since many of us in Scandinavia redeemed our codes the 22 of july and still havn't seen anything about an early access e-mail yet. only thing we have gotten is the guild deployment status e-mail...

October was one of the months that came up in the claims.

Can confirm 25.07.11 (me) not in yet either :(

I'm just kinda curious as to how early one had to pre-order to get in the first wave. My confirmation e-mail from entering my pre-order code came on 8/9. Still no e-mail for early access. When was the first day you could pre-order? Edited by LordHartigan

My "Code Redemption" page lists:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

I am not in yet... I remember reading that Early Access was supposed to begin 10am EST, yet it's been updated to say 7am EST? Things keep changing. I'm not sure what to think. I am getting worried hearing news, as has been reported before, that people are in even if they pre-ordered as early as a few days ago.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/star-wars-the-old-republic-goes-live/088565

It states that anyone who ordered from EA's Origin would get in today. Does this apply to US too? Could this explain what people are claiming they ordered a few days ago and are playing right now?

P.S...

My sig got messed up :p

To most gamers, 'patience' is a very unfamiliar term, especially during the launch of new MMO's. Seen it happen dozens of time before, and it will only get worse, and worse until everyone's got access.

Will take at least 1 day or two before we start seeing some "This game sucks" or a bunch of other QQ threads. Maybe even less than that, but it's pretty normal behaviour.

- Elim

A number of mmo gamers are very protective of their avatar names, as they have used them for a number of years establishing an online presence, and numbers of friends that recognise them by that name across multiple mmos. This is why players are anxious; there are a number of losers on the planet that will actively roll as many chars as possible, in an effort to deny others the use of a name, with no intention of playing under it themselves.

I'm just kinda curious as to how early one had to pre-order to get in the first wave My confirmation e-mail came on 8/9. Still no e-mail for early access. When was the first day you could pre-order?

The 21st of July preorders started, I pre ordered and registered my pre order key within an hour of pre orders going live, and still do not have access.

Edited by HexCaliber

People need to chill out.

You're getting access to a game earlier than its official launch.

In my opinion, anybody that took the day off because you assumed you would get in today, tomorrow, or any other day up until next Tuesday, is a fool.

But of course that's just my opinion.

Edit: Also, let's not forget that this Early access only just started, what, two hours ago? And they've already let in two waves. Patience, people.

Edited by Jaekani

Wait ... no one who pre-ordered in october or later will get early access? Like at all or just today?

I figured it would be in strict Chronological order.. but it appears it is random and/or alphabetical, within the first few weeks of pre-order.

I do not see anyone getting in that registered in Oct or later.. but it seems it is random from people that registered in July through September... I registered on July 22nd and still waiting :)

Wait ... no one who pre-ordered in october or later will get early access? Like at all or just today?

That is not what it says LOL.. says no one is in the game from October.. it doe snot say they will not be getting into the game...

Means that so far, no invited are going out for people that pre-ordered in October or later... way to start a rumor :D

A number of mmo gamers are very protective of their avatar names, as they have used them for a number of years establishing an online presence, and numbers of friends that recognise them by that name across multiple mmos. This is why players are anxious; there are a number of losers on the planet that will actively roll as many chars as possible, in an effort to deny others the use of a name, with no intention of playing under it themselves.

The 21st of July preorders started, I pre ordered and registered my pre order key within an hour of pre orders going live, and still do not have access.

Yeah, I can understand that..happened to me in the past at the launch of EQ2 and WoW and that was really frustrating..

Nowadays, I have pretty unique avatar names, and I know for a fact that no person on Earth will have my legacy name. :) Too original.

- Elim

I figured it would be in strict Chronological order.. but it appears it is random and/or alphabetical, within the first few weeks of pre-order.

I do not see anyone getting in that registered in Oct or later.. but it seems it is random from people that registered in July through September... I registered on July 22nd and still waiting :)

No, thus far it's only been people on the 21st, and even then only up to a certain point.

Yeah, I can understand that..happened to me in the past at the launch of EQ2 and WoW and that was really frustrating..

Nowadays, I have pretty unique avatar names, and I know for a fact that no person on Earth will have my legacy name. :) Too original.

- Elim

I've never even seen the first half of my game-name being used anyware. But I can understand that people want to claim theirs. I feel sorry for them.

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

07.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Awww yea just got in but im at work can't play till 4 :mad:

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

07.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Awww yea just got in but im at work can't play till 4 :mad:

at least you can be sure you are in when you get home. the rest of us are waiting for the email.