PLEASE VOTE: Give Us Real Combat Logs

Starglide

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree whole heartedly. I remember that as soon as we had to play to damage meters etc, we as players were told what Talent tree to focus on, what equipment to have, what buttons to press and when.

It was anoying to be talked down to, and it became the reason I quit, I pay, I play my style and it may not be 100% efficient, but suits me.

I also remember it. The game just become so, robotic, so lifeless...not at the Pro Raider level, at the normal players level.

*sigh* I'm just enjoying the community as it is right now, SWTOR is such a nice place, and the server/realm chat is really fun, as it's so full of good humor, and friendly chat.

I hope it lasts, a little bit longer.

Edited by JediElf

These statistics help us as "players" become better at our "sport".

I hate these sports analogies. You aren't a professional sportsman and this is not what you're doing for a living, it's what you're doing for a hobby. If you want a real sports analogy, you're just part of a pub football team playing in a Sunday league with a bunch of mates in your spare time.

I am not having a go at you, and maybe your one of the better hardcore players, infact most real hardcore players are usually quite acceptable and understand the game and like to try different options out.

it is the wannabe hardcores, those that brag about getting 10,000 DPS and yelling that you only got 9,999 DPS and you must be slacking. Those are the people most of us fear,

So you're basically saying because of that small percentage of d-bags, you want the rest of us to do without something that we've become quite accustomed to?

It's almost as if you and your "faction" is the TSA of combat logs.

"We can't let the terrorists win, so let's take away all their toothpaste!"

Combat logs made me a better player. I saw/see where I'm lacking and realize that I need to improve. I saw/see where I needed to stretch my play style and where I need to use more consumables and all that jazz. Everyone in the raids I was in wanted these stats. For bragging rights, sure. But back to the sports analogy, stats are what matter.

Think about the HoF in any sport. The people there are measured by stats: Super Bowls won, % of pass completon, TDs, goals scored, assists, etc etc etc.

These goals are what help us that play this game as a sport to have something to shoot at.

Edited by Cleopas

I hate these sports analogies. You aren't a professional sportsman and this is not what you're doing for a living, it's what you're doing for a hobby. If you want a real sports analogy, you're just part of a pub football team playing in a Sunday league with a bunch of mates in your spare time.

I do and we keep these stats for bragging rights, to see who should bat where in the next game, and to see who gets MVP/All tournament, etc.

And some of us did play sports professionally or in college and thus this competitive streak is still alive. The analogy fits.

Do you know what would be good, if you had a Range. in your spaceship where you could bring up a combat droid, that does a set amount of damage etc. and you can then get your stats in private after.

That way you could tune your character against a set standard. Since the game and mobs include a lot of randoms, then this method would be more accurate than a DPS meter as that cannot take into account the randomness.

Do you know what would be good, if you had a Range. in your spaceship where you could bring up a combat droid, that does a set amount of damage etc. and you can then get your stats in private after.

That way you could tune your character against a set standard. Since the game and mobs include a lot of randoms, then this method would be more accurate than a DPS meter as that cannot take into account the randomness.

Aren't they talking about having training dummies on the ships? I thought I read that somewhere.

Training dummy is coming - you will be able to do just that.

So you're basically saying because of that small percentage of d-bags, you want the rest of us to do without something that we've become quite accustomed to?

I'VE not we've.

The majority of people in this thread do not agree with you.

And herein is, for me, lies the problem with those of you demanding recount style combat logs (and all the other annoying demands that end up in this forum for that matter). Why can't you all seem to adapt to the game the way it is? Why must this game bend to your way simply because you've become "quite accustomed" to it?

Is it really so hard to let this game be what it is?

It's almost as if you and your "faction" is the TSA of combat logs.

"We can't let the terrorists win, so let's take away all their toothpaste!"

Combat logs made me a better player. I saw/see where I'm lacking and realize that I need to improve. I saw/see where I needed to stretch my play style and where I need to use more consumables and all that jazz. Everyone in the raids I was in wanted these stats. For bragging rights, sure. But back to the sports analogy, stats are what matter.

Think about the HoF in any sport. The people there are measured by stats: Super Bowls won, % of pass completon, TDs, goals scored, assists, etc etc etc.

These goals are what help us that play this game as a sport to have something to shoot at.

Excellent. You will be able to do all of that 'personal growth' stuff with the logs that are being provided in 1.2. You don't need access to my information (or real-time) in order to analyze the stuff you are talking about and, again, you are getting a log for analysis in 1.2.

As for the sports analogy - professional sports, as someone else mentioned, have those stats tracked for all the reasons you mentioned. SWTOR isn't a professional sport no matter how much you are and others would like to turn it into one. Once BW starts paying me to raid and play their game we can start having drafts, etc. - until that time please kindly keep this mentality far away from the game.

SWTOR isn't a professional sport no matter how much you are and others would like to turn it into one.

Clearly you haven't seen me play Huttball

/flex

I am so good, women become pregnant just by watching me play, thats how much testosterone is excreted.

I was close to teabagging by keyboard last night as the 50th kill was awarded to me, following my nonchalent flick of someones helpless near dead self into the acid pools.... or I suppose you would call that keybagging..... >_>

Edited by Vahzl

And herein is, for me, lies the problem with those of you demanding recount style combat logs (and all the other annoying demands that end up in this forum for that matter). Why can't you all seem to adapt to the game the way it is? Why must this game bend to your way simply because you've become "quite accustomed" to it?

Nail. Head. Hit.

First, I'm not demanding, I'm asking for a combat log that tells me what happened...in real time. Why? So I can quickly assess what went wrong. I'm not sure this is crazy or too much to ask.

I'm really just curious. I'm curious to see where I measure up. Is it about competitiveness? Of course, but it's also about not spending 4 hours in an instance wiping and wondering why.

Clearly you haven't seen me play Huttball

/flex

I am so good, women become pregnant just by watching me play, thats how much testosterone is excreted.

I was close to teabagging by keyboard last night as the 50th kill was awarded to me, following my nonchalent flick of someones helpless near dead self into the acid pools.... or I suppose you would call that keybagging..... >_>

Chuck Norris gave up Huttball after seeing me play

First, I'm not demanding, I'm asking for a combat log that tells me what happened...in real time. Why? So I can quickly assess what went wrong. I'm not sure this is crazy or too much to ask.

I'm really just curious. I'm curious to see where I measure up. Is it about competitiveness? Of course, but it's also about not spending 4 hours in an instance wiping and wondering why.

I personally have no issue about you knowing what damage/heal etc you did, I too would like that, but what I dont want is for you to see mine and make decisions about my playn style because of that.

I agree whole heartedly. I remember that as soon as we had to play to damage meters etc, we as players were told what Talent tree to focus on, what equipment to have, what buttons to press and when.

It was anoying to be talked down to, and it became the reason I quit, I pay, I play my style and it may not be 100% efficient, but suits me.

That's fine and I sympathize. I have never been one to really bash underperformers as they're likely people like my dad who just can't be bothered and just want to swing a big axe at things.

The problem is when you impose that in a team environment. I find it weird that in all other walks of life it's considered rude to not play to the standards of the team, except in present day MMOs. Truth is, it is rude. But that's all aside from the point.

Modern day MMOs have multiple difficulty settings in raids. I am all for letting people just swing their axes in normal mode content. I just don't understand why the casual crowd can't give us the same right of way when it comes to the more challenging content.

The compromise of disabling combat logs outside of HM/NM content is a win/win for everyone. If you want to just goof around you aren't going to be hurting anyone because normals are easy enough to just plow through. But for those that actually want a challenge.. we can't give them the tools to do it correctly? How is that fair?

That's fine and I sympathize. I have never been one to really bash underperformers as they're likely people like my dad who just can't be bothered and just want to swing a big axe at things.

The problem is when you impose that in a team environment. I find it weird that in all other walks of life it's considered rude to not play to the standards of the team, except in present day MMOs. Truth is, it is rude. But that's all aside from the point.

Modern day MMOs have multiple difficulty settings in raids. I am all for letting people just swing their axes in normal mode content. I just don't understand why the casual crowd can't give us the same right of way when it comes to the more challenging content.

The compromise of disabling combat logs outside of HM/NM content is a win/win for everyone. If you want to just goof around you aren't going to be hurting anyone because normals are easy enough to just plow through. But for those that actually want a challenge.. we can't give them the tools to do it correctly? How is that fair?

Im not sure if you are American or British, but here in Britain we do actually have amature teams and we are inclusive, I help run a Rugby club, and everyone gets to play regardless of their standard. I accept that 'Slackers' are bad, and we encourage players to work better, but there is a difference between putting in no effort and being a low scorer and those that try and just cannot make it.

I understand the Goofing around, and we in sport would substitute a player who does not try, but these logs do not show if someone is trying or not, it just shows a score in comparison with other peoples on the same team.