The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give the REAL pvp players our DeathMatch!

whitescorpion

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys kill me. No one can play the game except how you guys want it played. You're actually against more options for Warzones.

Let me explain something PVP is player vs player. This objective based PVP is a watered down PVP, you can act like you're real pvpers, but you're not, you're PVE'ers who want to make OTHER players play their version of pvp.

"Real" pvpers want pvp in a variety of situations. Objectives are sometimes nice, but sometimes recreating the scene from the SW:Tor Trailer (Deceived) is pretty awesome too.

The objectives allow you to think you're an awesome pvper cuz you can heal the ball carrier, or you managed to zerg the turret eleven times, where as if you were in a 1v1 or a 4v4 or an 8v8 death match, you'd probably be the first one to die.

Solution? Never accept a new WZ that exposes you.

As far as stealthing, a deathmatch WZ could break stealth after 4 - 6 second as it would fit for this type of WZ. But why would you want to try anything new?

There is no "real" PVP, PVP is player versus player competiton, whether that is deathmatch or objective based. I am not against adding arena/deathmatch, but to say it is the only "true" pvp is just hypocritical.

Death Match and Team Death Match would be great warzones to include once the games queues game-wide, which is specifically suppose to give players the option of warzone they participate in.

This. I've never seen a true deathmatch in a major MMO (didn't play them all but...) and I would welcome it whole heartedly. Enough capture the flag, enough bomb defusing, enough hold the point.

I just want a team deathmatch in an MMO. 1 room, 4 pillars, 2 teams. No Z axis. Go.

Best reason to create a deathmatch/team deathmatch warzone in this game and make it a "choose to queue": so the kiddies who are already playing like that can get the heck out of my objective-based warzones.

That said, the OP calling it real PvP is the funniest thing I've heard this week. Deathmatch is as much real PvP as Tim Tebow is a real quarterback.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Yeah Ive called for this before. Would love to see a "Last Humanoid Standing" deathmatch type map. Looking forward to this Norvare Coast thing just mix it up a bit. I love all the maps, each one is fun in moderation but please allow players to select which map they want to queue for. Being randomly dropped into a map you don't like is kinda lame. Give players the option for random or to specifically select. How hard is that? Oh there's not enough players to keep the queue times low? Well then your problem lies elsewhere BW.

I've done Arenas and I've done Rated BGs, both at pretty good levels, and I gotta say I prefer Rated BGs. 3 people just trying to kill each other really isn't all that difficult and requires little coordination outside of "fear bombing now" or "smoke bomb now". I think that coordinating larger groups, as well as strategy and tactics and such, takes much more skill as well as a lot more thinking. Also take into account that it's much harder to win based on your comp. Plus, you DO still need to get kills. Edited by nschlan

I've done Arenas and I've done Rated BGs, both at pretty good levels, and I gotta say I prefer Rated BGs. 3 people just trying to kill each other really isn't all that difficult and requires little coordination outside of "fear bombing now" or "smoke bomb now". I think that coordinating larger groups, as well as strategy and tactics and such, takes much more skill as well as a lot more thinking. Also take into account that it's much harder to win based on your comp. Plus, you DO still need to get kills.

8v8 trying to kill each other, with respawns, highest kill count (at end of timer, or adding to a total) wins is what we're talking about. Not 3v3 Arena.

Best reason to create a deathmatch/team deathmatch warzone in this game and make it a "choose to queue": so the kiddies who are already playing like that can get the heck out of my objective-based warzones.

That said, the OP calling it real PvP is the funniest thing I've heard this week. Deathmatch is as much real PvP as Tim Tebow is a real quarterback.

mad cuz bad?

Seriously, anyone who argues that deathmatch pvp is not "real pvp" is an absolute nub. You do realize most of us play to KILL each-other, right? If I wanted to click on doors or pass balls I'd run a dungeon.

Keep pve out of my pvp. Or at least give me the option to only queue for actual player vs player combat.

8v8 trying to kill each other, with respawns, highest kill count (at end of timer, or adding to a total) wins is what we're talking about. Not 3v3 Arena.

Not sure that would work. Once one team starts getting some kills they will stay at a numbers advantage. This isn't a FPS where players can get multiple kills in quick succession without losing their life. After the initial battle the game would be all but decided because there are no objectives to force the other team to move to different locations.

Edited by Bnol

I dont see the harm in adding a WZ with team deathmatch and kill count as the deciding factor for winning, however I do see a problem with people calling it "real pvp" or "hardcore" while trying to put down others who prefer objective based pvp maps.

I suggest if the OP is serious that he "or someone else" should make another thread asking for what they want without putting down people who disagree with him, I have little doubt that if the OP had done this thread in a way that didnt call a bunch of people bad that they would get alot more supporters over such an addition as a deathmatch WZ.

Then it's just a cluster****. It comes down to team comp and who has the best combo of CC and burst. It's basically a zerg. I'm not against Arenas or Deathmatch, but it doesn't necessarily take more skill...

Edited by dschlan

there are mods for the deathmatch and people play it, but noone in their right mind would play that mode for 8 hours straight (while the defusal mode can and is played like that)

Wait, SO are you say all the FPS games, that people play for X amount of hrs, even up to 8 hrs straight that are deathmatch type, and people playing arena in certian games for X amount of hrs, even up to 8 hrs straight..

Just cause you seem like you wouldn't play a deathmatch type game, doesn't mean anyone else wouldn't.

PVP = Player vs Player.. not Player vs Objectives with Players thrown in there.. Idk, just a thought?

Edited by Jinroku

Bad players (= most players) do not like to be punished by playing bad and dying .

Bioware caters to numbers because it likes money more than everything else. I mean look at the stats tracked by rated Warzones, they are all positive things which only require time and not skill so that bad players can not be denied spots in teams, or laughed at when other people look at their stats.

Goes even further when objective WZ favor suicide defense as a reward for dying.

People do not like to lose-> most players are bad-> bioware caters to them because of numbers

/thread

thinks hes important (yellow text), is just one of us bads in reality.

Wait, SO are you say all the FPS games, that people play for X amount of hrs, even up to 8 hrs straight that are deathmatch type, and people playing arena in certian games for X amount of hrs, even up to 8 hrs straight..

Just cause you seem like you wouldn't play a deathmatch type game, doesn't mean anyone else wouldn't.

PVP = Player vs Player.. not Player vs Objectives with Players thrown in there.. Idk, just a thought?

The most popular deathmatch games these days are objective based in some way (COD, BF3)

The most popular deathmatch games these days are objective based in some way (COD, BF3)

I was quoting him, saying no one in their right mind would play X amount, or up to 8+ hrs just playing deathmatch..

Of course they would, I did. My mind is fine as well. It's called Team Deathmatch or Arenas..

That's what all my friends played, and that's what I played. I don't care for objectives, I care for killing my opponent, same with others.

Is anyone else sick of objective based pvp?

Why cant we just have one warzone where there is actual pvp and pvp actually matters!

If this game is truly considered half pvp, then please Bioware, make some real pvp and STOP just STOP with the objective based pvp game.

You will have no pvp player base left in a few months if this dont get addressed, I am sure not many people that actually play this game just to pvp will be here if 2 things dont happen.

1- Warzone with "king of the hill" status atleast its more about pvp than pvo, or a real deathmatch, more kills = win.

2- Ilum isnt fixed where it is actually about faction vs faction and just pvp... Lots of threads on this issue, so i wont go into it....

A bg like that would be a bad idea, i think you are LF Arenas.

This game has the potential to have arenas and i would love to have they on the game.

the most popular online games on steam are counter-strike 1.6 (1st place) and counter-strike source (3rd place)

wanna guess what is played the most (PUGs and competitive)? the defusal mode.

there are mods for the deathmatch and people play it, but noone in their right mind would play that mode for 8 hours straight (while the defusal mode can and is played like that)

another popular type of pvp games are moba (lol/hon/dota) and guess what - it's again an objective type of game.

---

however what we need is the tatooine's outlaw's den remodelled

we are already getting teleports to that location, but we should also get something like 1 warzone commendation per kill or per X damage dealt (or X healing done/shielding done).

then you could enjoy some pew pewing for the sake of pew pewing :)

You actually play those games you mentioned? Those are the only modes available without explicit mods, and 95% of every game played in those games are decided via tffa (aka deathmatch).

Rule of thumb: don't shoot down ideas for pvp just because you don't like them. Why? Because you don't have to play them if they get implemented. No one is asking for a deathmatch wz AND +x rewards over anything else. :rolleyes:

Deathmatch, TFFA, king of the hill, etc are all fun game modes and I hope...I hope Bioware has the awareness to implement these (because they are fun and add options over an alderaan turret grind fest).