The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Offical PT Pyro unsub thread

lnsidious

This thread.

Pretty hilarious. Good read before lunch.

So true :D

This thread well reflects the fact that the majority of the powertech DPS players are only noobs who failed their AC choice.

Edited by Nanarchist

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was BW I would close this thread and unsub all the accounts of people who say they are unsubbing just to see how many of you are just BSing to try and get your way.

If you aren't bluffing there is probably a way to tell them why you quit when you actually do it. These threads are for entitled malcontents who think they can sway the company by threatening to quit.

You people are the worst and I hope every one of you keeps your promise to quit.

Edited by MinguesDew

I'm not unsubbing, but the changes could potentially make assault/pyro unplayable. Not trying to be dramatic or anything. The spec is already heavy on the resources. Now it loses a lot of its resource management and burst. Your choices will be run out of resources and do ok short term damage, or just do really low damage and not run out of resources...very bad either way.

Tactics/AP tree is really really bad. You are a melee dps without the dps. I've tried it a few times and you can't hold a marauders jock strap.

Shield is just worthless for anything that isn't hutball since most of the damage in tge game doesn't get shielded and bypasses defenses.

I'm not unsubbing but at the same time please give me something to work with.

So i started up a trooper last night.

I got High Impact bolt, which unless I am wrong is the same as rail shot.

So i have a question and I am really trying to understand this Argument/gripe, The CD on High Impact Bolt is 15 sec... wouldn't a 6 second INCREASE the capabilities? Not decrease? Or is there something I am missing?

So i have a question and I am really trying to understand this Argument/gripe, The CD on High Impact Bolt is 15 sec... wouldn't a 6 second INCREASE the capabilities? Not decrease? Or is there something I am missing?

Wait until you get Ionic Accelerator fully talented and play around w/ it a bit, then come back and ask this question.

: )

Actually, after careful thought, reducing the CD to a flat 6 seconds would really screw the pyro, cause then we couldn't get double rail shots which would eliminate all burst.

Basically, Dchsknight, Bioware wanted to nerf our burst. So they put a 6 second timer on the proc for railshot. What they overlooked were two things.

1. We still have to fish 1-2 GCD's for the proc. This means that the average heat venting gets cut in half from it's current state.

2. We have to use 32 heat, for a chance at getting rid of 8 heat. (Some will argue that because Rail shot becomes free, we actually get rid of 15.5 heat, which is fine and dandy, but that doesnt deter the fact that we still have to use 32 heat to get rid of it anyways.)

i agree.. i dont think they should ruin the class like that.. its the only good dps spec for a powertech.. and AT LEAST LET PPA WORK OFF INCENDIARY MISSILE OR ANY DOT/CYLINDER like it did before....its got a fire missile just below the talent anyways... dont force us to use cylinders... we should be able to pick what cylinder to use for different occasions

Every single other tank in the game has to use their tank stance in order to use Guard, and to receive the benefits of their tanking stance. Bioware specifically destroyed the Darkness/Madness hybrid spec that operated much like Carolina Parakeet (free damage procs from abilities while retaining high mitigation and tank stance).

I'm not really sure why you believe that Powertechs should receive some kind of special treatment.

How about we stay on track and try to push for a change that makes sense, which is keeping our heat vent mechanics in line w/ the other 2 trees.

Every single other tank in the game has to use their tank stance in order to use Guard, and to receive the benefits of their tanking stance. Bioware specifically destroyed the Darkness/Madness hybrid spec that operated much like Carolina Parakeet (free damage procs from abilities while retaining high mitigation and tank stance).

I'm not really sure why you believe that Powertechs should receive some kind of special treatment.

How about we stay on track and try to push for a change that makes sense, which is keeping our heat vent mechanics in line w/ the other 2 trees.

This. 4.5 seconds on PPA would do just that. Not sure why the devs haven't changed it yet.

Unnecessary to unsub, Bioware will listen to the numbers posted in this forum about the heat management post 1.2 Please read the new thread 'PPA needs to be 4.5 secs'

Yes thats right!

just like when they listened to feedback about concealment ops!

And all the feedback about the bubbled assassin who are immune to all cc running at 200% speed in huttball, and can pull enemies and knockback!

I have the upmost faith in Bioware that they will listen to our concerns and take the necessary action!

/sarcasm

Actually, after careful thought, reducing the CD to a flat 6 seconds would really screw the pyro, cause then we couldn't get double rail shots which would eliminate all burst.

Basically, Dchsknight, Bioware wanted to nerf our burst. So they put a 6 second timer on the proc for railshot. What they overlooked were two things.

1. We still have to fish 1-2 GCD's for the proc. This means that the average heat venting gets cut in half from it's current state.

2. We have to use 32 heat, for a chance at getting rid of 8 heat. (Some will argue that because Rail shot becomes free, we actually get rid of 15.5 heat, which is fine and dandy, but that doesnt deter the fact that we still have to use 32 heat to get rid of it anyways.)

I cant believe I am back to this discusion, but I just cant read that without responce...

about 1. After mine multiple questions, you still didnt care to explain how is our heat venting cut in half by delaying average PPA proc from 6 sec to 7,5 sec.

about 2. While you use 32 heat with 2 GCD (fishing for proc), you vent 15 heat in the process (by normal regen). Then with free RS, you vent another 15,5. Net loss of 1,5 heat.

Now, rest of my post is not directed at you, Theology.

Hey bunch of QQuers about change you dont even understand, I bet 90% of you will not quit anyway. Proof me wrong and do that, SW TOR community will be a happier place and finding actual useful info will be easier withoud flood of whinning threads in every single part of the forum.

I cant believe I am back to this discusion, but I just cant read that without responce...

about 1. After mine multiple questions, you still didnt care to explain how is our heat venting cut in half by delaying average PPA proc from 6 sec to 7,5 sec.

about 2. While you use 32 heat with 2 GCD (fishing for proc), you vent 15 heat in the process (by normal regen). Then with free RS, you vent another 15,5. Net loss of 1,5 heat.

Now, rest of my post is not directed at you, Theology.

Hey bunch of QQuers about change you dont even understand, I bet 90% of you will not quit anyway. Proof me wrong and do that, SW TOR community will be a happier place and finding actual useful info will be easier withoud flood of whinning threads in every single part of the forum.

1. Because, you assume that we'll always be in the 5 sec vent heat per sec area at all times, which we wont, and the reason it is approx cut in half is because we can rail shot some 3-4.5 seconds now, making that 7.5-9 seconds=cut in half. Now i know your argument is that 'oh, we will be auto attacking more thus not spending heat thus not needing it to be vented' but that doesnt change the fact that, pre 1.2, to post 1.2, we see a significant decrease in our ability to vent heat. Also, we have that natural heat venting now, it's not like that gets upgraded in 1.2, so throwing that in the argument doesn't really do anything as it's a constant.

2. Again, so we have to use heat, to vent heat, and end up still losing heat with our heat venting mechanic? How is that fair? That's why the tree is so heat starved and that is based on a 'best case' scenario with procs. That's why people are pissed because now, with our ability to only vent heat every 6 seconds, our resource pool allows for almost no variaiton aside from FB/RP/auto atatck/Rail shot.

You did, point out however, that PvE damage wont suffer much, which is good to know, but our PvPability is severely hurt by this change.

TD IM Unload become nearly unusable.

Edited by Theology

It's an MMO, everything is subject to change, this can hardly be a surprise to anyone. 1.2 hasen't even gone live yet, the only thing we have seen thus far are PTS notes which also, amazingly enough, are subject to change If things under perform, or in any other way doesen't perform as the dev. team anticipated. Stop with the over-dramatic approach, it's pathetic.

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.