Offical PT Pyro unsub thread

lnsidious

Ive played this class to level 50. Pvp'ed to level 60+. This takes a lot of time and dedication. Now once ive done this, BW says "ohhhhhhh we're sorry your class is too powerful and we need to gut it because this is not the class we wanted as top dps. Sorry about your bad luck kid. Reroll." Im sure there are others that are fed up with MMO's pulling the carpet our from underneath your class and leave you trying to pick up the pieces.

I for one am not this time. They seriously dont realize the time and effort we put in to gearing up in Battlemaster Eliminator ? Just to have them wreck the only reason to take eliminator in the first place ? Its careless to treat paying customers this way. Im out if 1.2 goes live with this pyro nerf. Anyone else ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played only pyro PT since beta testing. This 1.2 is pyro PT grave. As it was the only spec I enjoyed in the game, unsubbed not returning until they change attitude on how to change classes.

And I don't care about flamers here, nerfing burst to class with 2x2 sec stuns and 1x25% dmg bubble without self heals is definetely sending it to hell.

But there is still this other class that can bubble, CC immune sprint at 200% runspeed while knocking back and rooting everyone while carrying ball behind enemy lines.

Ah yes, all those who don't like drama should watch marauder threads after 1.2 hits, they are going to be gods ;]

Edited by Ruzena

I've only played PT since launch, but I tried Pyro, AP, and ST specs. This isn't going to destroy anything. If Mara/Sent is too OP, they'll tune them down.

I think the 6 second ICD on railshot reset was a bit much, maybe 3-4 would have been more reasonable, but the spec is hardly broken. Only Carolina Parakeet is destroyed, but there are other tanky options to go to.

Back-to-back railshots can still happen, you just have to hold on to your railshot after the reset for the burst. The OP back-to-back-to-back lucky shots are gone, but if you relied on that much RNG and losing it is gamebreaking for you... well, you hardly represent the masses.

Personally, I think the much needed changes to tone down healing is a good enough trade for losing a totally random chance of 3 railshot crits in a row.

AP is getting some nice buffs too, try that out, you might like it.

Starting an unsub thread before the changes even go live is pretty ridiculous. Make some suggestions on the PTS forums for an alternative to the 6 sec CD instead.

-If you want effective changes then the Op approach is correct. Bioware will respond quickest when a large number of their player base cancel subscriptions and put down 1.2 class changes as their reason for cancellation.

-Also don't forget you can still continue to play the game until your subscription runs out even if you cancel today but the act of cancelling your subscription is the most powerful message you can send to Bioware developers that you are unhappy with their changes and there's nothing to stop you from resubscribe to the game few months down the road if the game improves enough to your likings.

Pfft.. We are so mature few and awesome...

Mercs get slightly buffed and they start panicking and threatening to un-sub, and no one says anything about drama, while a kid starts a thread about the same exact thing on PT forums a class that is actually getting a nerf a nerf that could be greater than any other nerf any other class have gotten and you get this :p

Maybe its cause of our maturity that we are getting nerfed...

Don't be offended OP, but the above posts are right. :)

Edited by Assaultrooper

PT's were/are op'd. Hands down. A lucky crit string of RS just destorys people. The two things I am worried about with this nerf:

1. Marauders being by far the best class now in any type of group play (non-huttball) because of PT nerfs and Marauder buffs

2. Over heating while going as Pyro (lowering the heat cost of IM and TD could easily fix this).

To say that PT's will be garbage after this nerf is just plain denial. I do want an in combat heal though (for all non-healing classes), one that is weak and takes a long time to cast. That way I don't need to sit in a corner hiding waiting to drop combat so I can re-enter combat.

Eh, I was feeling pretty bored already. My favorite character is being nerfed to hell - I might spend some time on one of my alts, but yeah, this is probably gonna push me closer to unsub. More than the nerf is the snotty attitude by the devs. I.e. GZ saying, "Hey! Stop talking about our patch notes! We made other secret changes! Test them before you talk crap! Oh, btw, no you can't character copy over to the test server. Nyah, nyah, boo, boo, stick your head in doo doo!" Okay, okay, so it's not a direct quote...

PT's were/are op'd. Hands down. A lucky crit string of RS just destorys people. The two things I am worried about with this nerf:

1. Marauders being by far the best class now in any type of group play (non-huttball) because of PT nerfs and Marauder buffs

2. Over heating while going as Pyro (lowering the heat cost of IM and TD could easily fix this).

To say that PT's will be garbage after this nerf is just plain denial. I do want an in combat heal though (for all non-healing classes), one that is weak and takes a long time to cast. That way I don't need to sit in a corner hiding waiting to drop combat so I can re-enter combat.

Im not sure of this :\ Yea sure.. a lucky crit string and we destroy people, but marauders right now*** destroy people reliably and effectively. We all signed up for the RNG when we took Pyrotech, It sucks most of the time (I get 1, maybe 2 procs per fight) and at times it is awesome, and then other times it sucks.

People have an inherent bias against people killing them, just because he owned you doesn't mean he does it 100% of the time (not even close more like 1.15%). While you cant say the same about say marauders, they have their super survival, super dps, and stealth! But only one gap closer.. Our weakness and strength was RNG now its only our weakness :(

But stop the sad talk... I'll probably respec AP (if the changes dont change) and then reroll merc after I get disappointed...

Someone get this baby a bottle. They did not gut the class you just now Have to do a rotation instead of ion pulse spam with a stock strike. Yes it is great to get 3 or 4 in a row every now an than but we have all been there were your waiting for a proc only to run out of ammo. If you think this is a nerf than you obviously suck at this game an I am glad to see you go. This game has to many babys people need to suck it up an adapt.

Someone get this baby a bottle. They did not gut the class you just now Have to do a rotation instead of ion pulse spam with a stock strike. Yes it is great to get 3 or 4 in a row every now an than but we have all been there were your waiting for a proc only to run out of ammo. If you think this is a nerf than you obviously suck at this game an I am glad to see you go. This game has to many babys people need to suck it up an adapt.

Hello mr Trooper, seems that you have been out of the intelligible conversation about PTs and Vanguards. But let me fill in in some details you may have missed. First the luck (RNG) is still there just with a 6 second cooldown. (You can still. And will probably spam ion pul and stockstrike until out of ammo and not get a single proc)

Second in overall average damage it is a significant nef not only to our heaviest hitting ability but also to our "ammo" regeneration.

For more details on how this come to be sufficient you could browse a tiny bit more in the PT forums. So its entirely preposterous for you to call this "not a nerf".

Thank you and have a nice day

Edited by Assaultrooper

Wow ... just wow!

MANY classes get numerous nerfs and balances and with multiple lines of changes and Pyro gets ONE!!! change and:

OMG the entire class is ruined! /RAGE!!

Get out of your basement and walk outside and realize other people on this earth exist. Many of then worse off than you.

Throw this thread on any other class forum that has been hit hard with multiple nerfs and watch you sorry arse be laughed off the internet.

All these changes were based off metrics. Pyro got one change so that tells you they were sitting pretty damn on par before 1.2. If you can't adapt to a minor change that puts the spec in line with the much more heavily "metric'd" classes then you most certainly must consider how you can get through any change in any game.

Seriously, what would you play instead? Few other class pecs have been less impacted. Pyro will play the same more so than nearly any other spec.

Edited by Tamanous

Overpowered class gets nerfed and people unsub.

More 1.2 News at 6!

Coming up: GUNSLINGER SIGHTING!

The first level 50 Gunslinger to be sighted since February was seen in a Nar Shadaa cantina playing Russian Roulette with himself.

What nonsense. If something this minor causes you to unsubscribe, do us all a favor and do it now. There will be hundreds of changes like this in the game's life and I don't really care to see this kind of whining on the board every time it happens; fifteen dollars doesn't make for a very convincing ransom letter.

We're still easily in the top 3 ACs you want on offense leading your assist trains. 1.2 doesn't even put a dent in that role.

Ive played this class to level 50. Pvp'ed to level 60+. This takes a lot of time and dedication. Now once ive done this, BW says "ohhhhhhh we're sorry your class is too powerful and we need to gut it because this is not the class we wanted as top dps. Sorry about your bad luck kid. Reroll." Im sure there are others that are fed up with MMO's pulling the carpet our from underneath your class and leave you trying to pick up the pieces.

I for one am not this time. They seriously dont realize the time and effort we put in to gearing up in Battlemaster Eliminator ? Just to have them wreck the only reason to take eliminator in the first place ? Its careless to treat paying customers this way. Im out if 1.2 goes live with this pyro nerf. Anyone else ?

Is it really a nerf? I have read mixed things.

MANY classes get numerous nerfs and balances and with multiple lines of changes and Pyro gets ONE!!! change and:

OMG the entire class is ruined! /RAGE!!

If you had bothered to read you will see that a % of the players complaining is not about the dmg, it´s actually about how the class plays. I want to unleash hell (even a nerfed hell) fast and quickly.

I want to be tied to RNG and if I get lucky I do, if not whatever, i´ll just run and come back. They are aligning all AC´s in mechanics, not just dmg. That´s whats pissing me off.

If I wanted to wait for some ability to go out of cd every 10 secs I wouldn´t have a conc operative and a Pyro PT, I would just roll a Gunnery/Arsenal Merc/Trooper or a Sniper.

See what I´m saying?

Overpowered class gets nerfed and people unsub.

More 1.2 News at 6!

Coming up: GUNSLINGER SIGHTING!

The first level 50 Gunslinger to be sighted since February was seen in a Nar Shadaa cantina playing Russian Roulette with himself.

I read that last part as a newsreporter and omg it made me lol xD

Edited by Evixy