Is the respawn rate ever going to be nerfed?

Glorthox

Seriously I'm getting a bit sick of doing a mission and get to the end of cave or bunker, do the story, fight the elite, only to have to fight my way all the way back out because the respawn rate is a bit extreme. And in some cases strong enemies can be as strong as elites, so it does kinda suck that the respawn rate is a bit too intense. I can understand this with a high population server for quest fulfillment, but on a low population server its just a pain....

Seriously I'm getting a bit sick of doing a mission and get to the end of cave or bunker, do the story, fight the elite, only to have to fight my way all the way back out because the respawn rate is a bit extreme. And in some cases strong enemies can be as strong as elites, so it does kinda suck that the respawn rate is a bit too intense. I can understand this with a high population server for quest fulfillment, but on a low population server its just a pain....

I am not fond of this either.

However, I have noticed a slower respawn at times where there are not as many people in the same vicinity in the same situation you stated above.

When there are more people in the vicinity, the respawns seem faster at least to me. This may have to do with all the 'kill X number of Y mobs' bonus quests that are usually associated with the areas in question.

Anyone else have the feeling that 'respawn' speed is determined by number of players in the vincinity/planet instance?

I know, but what I'm saying is that I've stood around and timed it, and they respawn in abour 3-5 minutes give or take. So by the time to fight your way through all the mobs and finish youe story, you have to deal with all of the crap you just killed.

I know, but what I'm saying is that I've stood around and timed it, and they respawn in abour 3-5 minutes give or take. So by the time to fight your way through all the mobs and finish youe story, you have to deal with all of the crap you just killed.

See my response above.

Lol not always....I've come against strongs that just kick the tar our of me, and I've seen it on different characters, I have 3 50's total and In most cases i've had more trouble with strongs than elites. So fighting my way in only to have to do it all over again is tiring, and most of the time my quick travel is down...

enemies should only respawn when other players are near. There are barely more than 10 people on the same planet, so this heavy respawning is killing realism and my immersion for no reason.

This. Static respawn rate is a thing of the past. All games should have adaptable respawn rate according to the number of people that are logged in an area.

Just die and revive at the graveyard.I learned that at about level 11 or so.

I honestly don't know why anyone would subject themselves to doing the trash again.

I've done this in say the droid factory heroic on Balmorra where you finish the last objective all the way in the back of the heroic area.

The other thing I do is sacrafice the companion and burn cool downs to just run through stuff on the way out. Most will reset long before they can kill you, and if you run quick enough, they won't even catch you unless they have a snare / slow.

Problem though is if you nerf respawns then you're in danger of not having enough mobs for other players to defeat for their side objectives.

listen what does that have to do with the OP.

OP only cares about OP not anybody else. as long as his quest is finished that's all that needs to be considered.

Just die and revive at the graveyard.I learned that at about level 11 or so.

I honestly don't know why anyone would subject themselves to doing the trash again.

yes, suicide is your friend. just unwear your armour first, repair bills aren't fun at higher levels :D

listen what does that have to do with the OP.

OP only cares about OP not anybody else. as long as his quest is finished that's all that needs to be considered.

Right.

I play on one of the most populated EU servers - constantly in the top 5-6 or so.

While leveling i have had to wait for an objective a total of ONE time.I have had a "pls invite for quest guy" group a total of ONE time.

Also that was almost 2 months ago when some people were still playing.

This is why I quick travel out. By the time I am done getting to and through the next area I can quick travel again back out. Just rinse and repeat.

That or I just do a run by and pop a heal and let my companion die.

The companion usually lasts long enough for me to get out without having to rekill everything.

This is also one of the reasons why people hate to do group quests.

Say you are deep inside a dungeon wading through miles of trash and are halfway at the quest guy you are told to kill. You see someone trying to form a grp in general for some heroic 4 man that you really wanted.

Will you qt out and join the grp even though it means that you have to reclear all the trash again when you get back to your current quests?

Most people don't.

And that's why it's so insanely hard to find grps for 4 man quests while leveling.

Edited by Muskaan

I just kill every thing going in do the quest then kill every thing going back out again exp and cash its all good to me tho I'm still not use to how easy mobs are to kill in this game only ones I well avoid are Champs every thing else is kill on encounter

From the 1.2 Test server notes (emphasis mine):

Missions and NPCs

General

Many minor mission bugs have been fixed. Some respawn timers have been adjusted, group credit for mission objectives is granted in more missions, more enemies appear in some instances where too few were available, and many other minor adjustments have been made to improve the experience while completing missions. Not all of these minor adjustments have received an individual note.

Edited by jmastroi

seriously? Learn to hug walls and manage aggro. I can get in and out of any quest area and kill less than half the mobs when I try and I don't have stealth. The areas that are hard to avoid mobs are in instances and those don't respawn to going back out is not an issue.

On the other hand, having mobs to kill on missions instead of trying to beat 5 other guys like I had to in WoW is a breath of fresh air.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.