If training Force Clap is optionial...

truevalon

..will you train it?

Personally I am thinking no. With rated battlegrounds coming up being able to control your CC will be vital and if using force leap adds 40% resolve then there is no way I'll train it.

But it's not like you're not getting anything for it in return.

Stun > no Stun

Edited by Dee-Jay

Any guardian worth their salt will not train this talent.

Putting a 2 second stun just gives them free resolve. Our leap already immobilizes, and interrupts, and doesn't add resolve. There is absolutely no need for a stun on it, and will simply harm you, especially when someone with a stun that is twice as long tries to use it, but can't because you just gave him full resolve.

Any guardian worth their salt will not train this talent.

Putting a 2 second stun just gives them free resolve. Our leap already immobilizes, and interrupts, and doesn't add resolve. There is absolutely no need for a stun on it, and will simply harm you, especially when someone with a stun that is twice as long tries to use it, but can't because you just gave him full resolve.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't see it as a major issue, and mostly it's just typical of this forums qq but if I have a choice to have it or not, then I won't take it.

If I have no choice I'll adapt.

I guess, but then this can be said about anything. Isn't the point of a forum to have discussion, preferabbly constructive, on how we feel changes will affect us and what we would like to see done?

I do feel that the Force clap issue has been discussed quite thouroughly though, with both pros and cons being extensively listed. I would hope that someone from the Bioware dev team have taken the time to read through at least some of these arguments and factor them into their decission on whether or not to keep it as it is or change it.

I don't see it as a major issue, and mostly it's just typical of this forums qq but if I have a choice to have it or not, then I won't take it.

If I have no choice I'll adapt.

How does one adapt to this? Only leap a target that is next to the target you want to kill everytime? There's no adapting to it, there's only sucking it up.

If this crappy change that no one asked for goes through, I hope every other class starts to QQ when they realize all those guardians leaping at their target gives them full resolve.

Edited by Smashbrother

How does one adapt to this? Only leap a target that is next to the target you want to kill everytime? There's no adapting to it, there's only sucking it up.

If this crappy change that no one asked for goes through, I hope every other class starts to QQ when they realize all those guardians leaping at their target gives them full resolve.

I'm sorry dude, I no speak qq.

But it's not like you're not getting anything for it in return.

If you are already specced into "Stagger" like I am, then you've basically answered the question.

Stun > no Stun

Um... no.

Having a stun on Leap means you add to your opponent's resolve bar. 40% of it, last I heard. For a crappy 2 second stun. Which means charging at a target essentially HELPS them escape.

This also removes the Leap>Push combo from the game, for the most part.

Leap already has a 2 second immobilize, which doesn't add to the resolve bar.

I am definitely not purchasing that ability once it goes live.

Edited by Faolon

Um... no.

Having a stun on Leap means you add to your opponent's resolve bar. 40% of it, last I heard. For a crappy 2 second stun. Which means charging at a target essentially HELPS them escape.

This also removes the Leap>Push combo from the game, for the most part.

Leap already has a 2 second immobilize, which doesn't add to the resolve bar.

I am definitely not purchasing that ability once it goes live.

You don't get a choice. It's a passive for picking Guardian. Like Blade Turning, or the ability to use Shield Generators, or Heavy Armor.

And I've been using it in PvP on the test server, it hasn't been a big deal in the sub 50 bracket. If you're on an assist train the resolve bar fills almost instantly anyways, and if you're not, you just compensate for knowing that you're going to stun them. I've been using it more often to stop the spam clickers on objectives.

If Force Clap is trainable, I will not train it. I'd also recommend that other Guardians not train it. If there is a skill that a large part of the community refuses to even train, Bioware would be foolish to not rethink the skill (I'm pretty much dreaming that enough guardians would pay attention enough to not train the skill, but dreaming is so nice).

I would perfer that they simply keep it in the Defense skill tree, make it a 1 point talent in the first tier, and let people choose if they want it. I personally don't.

fortunately people resubing is optional too.

Bioware/mythic ignored us in warhammer too, and everyone opted out eventually

Man, if something this minor is all it takes to get you to quit, you must go to pieces if something big were to happen.

Man, if something this minor is all it takes to get you to quit, you must go to pieces if something big were to happen.

This is a big issue for anyone planning to play a guardian in rated warzones. At the moment I've already started levelling a sentinel incase it is not optional and goes through as it is.

This is a big issue for anyone planning to play a guardian in rated warzones. At the moment I've already started levelling a sentinel incase it is not optional and goes through as it is.

I've already told people in like 3 threads. It's not optional. And it wasn't that hard for me to adapt to it.

Raise your hand if you've tested the change, and if it broke the game for you.

I've already told people in like 3 threads. It's not optional. And it wasn't that hard for me to adapt to it.

Raise your hand if you've tested the change, and if it broke the game for you.

It breaks teamplay and a teams ability to plan their CC use.

For those that like to run around pugging warzones I suppose it will just help the opposing teams ball carrier avoid any meaningful CC.

nope its the total lack of polish, lack of content, bad itemization, poorly thought out warzones, no world pvp worth doing, too much hard cc for good pvp, not bothering to tweak resolve to work worth a crap, etc

nope its the total lack of polish, lack of content, bad itemization, poorly thought out warzones, no world pvp worth doing, too much hard cc for good pvp, not bothering to tweak resolve to work worth a crap, etc

WHY do you even play this game? Seriously, there must be a forum somewhere you could go hang out where you'd have something worthwhile to say.

So how long a stun would it have to be to be worth the 40% whitebar?

4 seconds?

Yes, and a stun that adds resolve should NEVER be tied into our gap closer. A slow or imobilize sure, but a stun is just stupid. Make Hilt Strike a baseline ability instead and give guardian tanks some more juice.

Over on the Jugg forums we're having the same conversation. Crash is absolute Garbage. I'm not usually one for screaming foul, but this is one I feel we all should be screaming in unison. If Crash happens and they make us take it, we can kiss rated PvP good bye as we'll be a liability to our teams.

WHY do you even play this game? Seriously, there must be a forum somewhere you could go hang out where you'd have something worthwhile to say.

did you come in from mythic or were part of EA janitorial staffing helping bioware?

Posting LALALALALA everything is fine in every thread, is beyond stupid.

Edited by Dooger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.