Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Amazing! LEGACY armor sets, I likes it!

Tricky-Ha

I wasn't trying to pick on your language but, alot of folks fall into this false impression that the game only gets played in optimal gearing and anything less is unforgivable. I thought "suboptimal v. subpar" was an important distinction to make. Especially with SWTOR's more casual playerbase, I doubt you'll see that many players completely decked out in critted orange gear.

It definitely is so I stand corrected. Personally I don't care about other people's gear, but I'd like my chars to get BiS. If BiS is available ingame, I want it, hence my comment on cosmetic slots, which would be great to keep diversity in looks and best stats.-

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of them don't have orange versions(bounty hunter's isn't among the best imo and one of them is the 40 pvp set with bad colouring.)

also

Even though this is modifiable gear its not "new" or "amazing". Its recycled artwork used on lower quest drops and commendation rewards that are now modifiable.

Nothing "new" or "amazing". Title is missleading on thread.

Most of the gear is pretty ugly to be honest.

I wouldn't mind having my Composite Armor from SWG back. ;)

So Renowned and Exalted require Legacy 10 and 20 to buy. I would guess that there will eventually be sets for Legacy 30/40/50 too, which would look more appropriate for the high level required. Don't forget that very little has been seen of the higher Legacy levels so far.

So Renowned and Exalted require Legacy 10 and 20 to buy. I would guess that there will eventually be sets for Legacy 30/40/50 too, which would look more appropriate for the high level required. Don't forget that very little has been seen of the higher Legacy levels so far.

Good point!

This is just the beginning of legacy, stuff will always be added in the future.

Even though this is modifiable gear its not "new" or "amazing". Its recycled artwork used on lower quest drops and commendation rewards that are now modifiable.

Nothing "new" or "amazing". Title is missleading on thread.

Most of the gear is pretty ugly to be honest.

I wouldn't mind having my Composite Armor from SWG back. ;)

Many of them are among the best models in the game, you stopped to think some of us might have wanted an orange version of them in the past but weren't allowed to because they simply didn't exist? Besides the bind to legacy thing is pretty interesting.

hmm both rep and imp gear sets look like the stuff you can already get ? ...they maybe made the blacks blacker and some are gray instead of black but... hmm I feel like I'm looking at current in game gear.

i agree the new gear just looks the same as the gear we have recoloured

Have i had those armor in orange? Some ..not all. The trooper helm/chest/hands Smuggler helm/chest/hands. umm.. sith warrior helm/chest. Sith inquis Helm/chest. BH helm chest pants/hands/feet/hands. ..I'm pretty positive that ..those are already orange and are in game ..at a late lvl. ....

Pretty sure i already have all these armors as orange modables (Trooper)

Yeah, my Sith Warrior is jealous now of the JK armors. But since he's level 50 and I like the orange gear I have on him, it's not so bad. When I roll a sith JK, I'll be gunning for the exalted set for sure. Though I do like the level 40 pvp gear for the jk too. Another area where where the republic shines.

Besides the bind to legacy thing is pretty interesting.

Actually, this part still confuses me. Aren't all these armors restricted to one class each? What's the point of "bind to legacy" if it can't be worn by others in your legacy (of a different class)?

Actually, this part still confuses me. Aren't all these armors restricted to one class each? What's the point of "bind to legacy" if it can't be worn by others in your legacy (of a different class)?

All I can work out as an answer is that "bind to legacy" is a misleading description because of course our legacy is already bound to the server we're on. Since these are class restricted I assume that a character, no matter the level of it, will be able to purchase the armor provided our legacy/class allows it..

So imagine making a brand new character and getting a full set of orange gear off the bat, I guess, is what this is for? (Assuming anyone has any available character slots by the time they are eligible for it, but that's another subject.)

I'm really just pulling this out of thin air but it's the only explanation I can think of.

Is this like the heirloom crap from WoW? Half the fun of leveling is gearing up, why would I want to have one set of armor/weapons for the whole game? More hand-holding cuddling for impatient whiners. I won't be surprised if they offer level 50 characters with full gear at legacy level 10...you babies would scoop it up with the quickness.

Yay! I really like most of these.

True, I've had orange parts of some outfits similar to these, but never entire sets that were orange. I'm glad we finally have them. Thank you, devs!

One thing, I noticed that the Agent Exalted pictured in the main image has a hood, but this image has the hood down. Does that mean that the Hood Up / Hood Down option is in game for 1.2 already?

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Actually, I think the Bind to Legacy is just to keep us from Mailing them or selling them on the GTN.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

I like them, especially the consular's outfits ^_^

I think Bioware predicted that most consular characters would be female, thus why most of its companions are men with its lone female companion being more like a sister. It's a nice class though and the story's good.

Edited by Agemnon

Is this like the heirloom crap from WoW? Half the fun of leveling is gearing up, why would I want to have one set of armor/weapons for the whole game? More hand-holding cuddling for impatient whiners.

Actually, obtaining gear isn't that fun, you'll be undergeared for a lot of quests which forces you to stall while regenerating mana, and those slows, force speeds, and force stuns cost mana. Thank goodness for Theran Cedrax and... Holiday ^_^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.