Commando nerfed should I CANCEL or Reroll? Wut are you guys doing?

tehrealdealz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat Medics now are absolutely Ok. See no reason to buff or nerf them.

Only healer without an incombat res, aoe heals that under perform, nothing really class defining about them. CMs are lackluster at healing.

Right now Commandos are a pile of trash, 1.2 is going to douse them with gas and light it fire.

I'm cancelling and going back to WOW if they actully follow through with nerfing my toon. They must have hired the genious from WOW that thought everytime a class got fun to play they should total destroy that class. See you on Feathermoon.

So WoW sucks for the same reason and you want to go back to it? You don't work for blizzard do you?

Wont cancel my sub and wont reroll, gonna stick through it since those nerfs will likely see changes in the future. PVE performance will be way too low to stay that way. Apart from that we will have to adapt our playstyles and spam more hammershot! yay! but seriously im really upset with the magnitude for those pretty uncalled for changes. but oh well, only time will tell how everything pans out in the end. Edited by eMAeM

I'm rerolling at the moment (yes, you guessed it, a sentinel), but I wouldn't really do that if my server wasn't so small (or we had a SERVER TRANSFER FINALLY PLEASE THANK YOU VERY MUCH FFS!!!) and I wasn't fed up with same people and same imps. I'm not a nice person, I'm a good player and being a good player with attitude in a small community has it's consequences. So at the moment I just went after the "free start" over at a tomb of freedon nadd. Going fun so far. Definitely NOT canceling sub just yet. But yeah I agree, these changes are totally clueless.

"We wanna add some variety to gunnery rotation, they spam garv round too much. So how do they play? Well they kinda boring and immobile and really bad in 1v1 in pvp. What if we give their hammer shot same armor debuff as grav round so they could debuff melee on the move? Or make grav round instant but much weaker, and make Charged Bolts much more heavy hitting to compensate? So you know they could nuke when left alone and do well against melees in 1v1 on move? Nah, let's just nerf grav round damage and make them even weaker than they are, that'll give them a wonderful new interesting rotation!" ...

Edited by VincentWolf

so, when you're forced to change rotation in PvP (meaning going from one button spam too a 2 button spam) you quit and go back to WoW? Just explains how easy and childish WoW has became over the last 7 years..

So, my answer too you, for even making a useless thread is

CANCEL!

Just to add my two cents.

I play a CM, so don't ask me if the DPS nerfs are needed or not. No idea.

But there's one problem, we are talking about two different build purposes here. DPS and heals and I think that is really mudding up the waters.

If you read the PTS patch notes CM is gaining 1 extra person added to our only AoE heal, which will make it better, just not all that much better. After that pretty much everything else is getting nerfed hard.

Yes waiting till everything goes live will be the deciding factor. It always is.

But single target healers are often the most efficient for a reason, they need to be. Yes if we tank heal and nothing else we should be fine. But that depends a lot on how good/geared the tank is and what little dirty tricks the developers decide to pull. But if we have to start bounce healing all our efficient is really needed our we'll lose someone. So if we become less efficient and start losing teammates I wonder how long it'll be before CMs become ostracized.

Lets' say Mid may for scrub players, no later then July for skilled. As for anyone leveling a CM, don't even bother it'll be a painful process IMHO.

Only healer without an incombat res, aoe heals that under perform, nothing really class defining about them. CMs are lackluster at healing.

Right now Commandos are a pile of trash, 1.2 is going to douse them with gas and light it fire.

You mean the fact that they can spam heal shoot their target on the run isn't class defining? Or that they give an aoe boost to healing and defense isn't class defining? Personally, Scoundrels are the most lack luster healer of the 3. All they have are HoTs and their "main" healing ability relies on RNG.

1.2 makes scoundrels not only better than what they are now, but finally in line with sages and commandos. Commandos will still be able to spam shoot and apply their boosts (scoundrels still don't have those). And sages seem to gotten hit the worst with their healing, but I don't play sage so I don't know.

I have this bad feeling that there isn't going to be any volunteered healers. Just stick it through and don't make commandos the victim, because they aren't. What are you gonna re roll? Dps? Well, good luck getting full groups with that since it seems everyone else will be too.

You mean the fact that they can spam heal shoot their target on the run isn't class defining? Or that they give an aoe boost to healing and defense isn't class defining? Personally, Scoundrels are the most lack luster healer of the 3. All they have are HoTs and their "main" healing ability relies on RNG.

1.2 makes scoundrels not only better than what they are now, but finally in line with sages and commandos. Commandos will still be able to spam shoot and apply their boosts (scoundrels still don't have those). And sages seem to gotten hit the worst with their healing, but I don't play sage so I don't know.

I have this bad feeling that there isn't going to be any volunteered healers. Just stick it through and don't make commandos the victim, because they aren't. What are you gonna re roll? Dps? Well, good luck getting full groups with that since it seems everyone else will be too.

What a poor post :rolleyes:

Why the heck would you want to spam the green beam 'COME KILL ME' heal in PvP ? and not only that, it is very weak anyway, most Combat medics know NOT to do it as it's more harm than good...

It is only useful as a heal when you are topping up someone with no enemy around to see it, or before the WZ starts and you are getting Supercharge up, which is turning into a Supercharged lemon in 1.2 aswell with mulitple nerfs to it....

Also the aoe heal may be getting a slight, very slight buff from three to four people, still way behind the Sage's aoe, but the buffs from it are getting nerfed, the heal and damage reduction both getting halfed and it's more a nerf overrall because of it, the one improvement couldn't even come without nerfs in return :mad:

You don't have a clue, stick to comments about your own class, just like I will, I ain't going to comment on what is good/bad in Scoundrels because I haven't played one...

Edit* I also have a 50 Sage, was my first 50, while Combat Medics have Heavy Armour, it doesn't even come close to all the things Sage's have over Combat Medics, stuff you miss for sure, Combat Medics are NOT op, if that is the case, then what are Sage/Sorcs ?

I decided when I moved server to start a Combat Medic, didn't want to play the best heal class and wanted a challenge to try to beat Sages in WZ's, but these nerfs have taken it too far and it will be retired as of 1.2 if these changes make it into the game, probably along with my sub after I finish a class story on another alt, the Combat Medics mirror class, so I have lost the desire to PvP on my BH alt when it hits 50 now.

Edited by LillyWhiteS

Well in my server i already see a lot of melee trains, which destroys everything if not opposed by a melee train as well.

Honestly i can not see any future in rated wzs for commandos. We will be the weak link because we dont have enough tools to escape the endless CC's in this game. Although they have a lot of developers from WAR they are keep doing the same mistakes. In the beginning of WAR the CC's were a lot of them and since they implemented the immunity the game was a CC fest. Do not tell me that we have resolve bar because it does not work properly. I found myself to have full redolve bar and yet the opponents can stun, force push, KD etc, etc.

The only change that I aprrove is the Grav nurf nothing else. And the funny thing is that i dont believe they have heard the community. They nurf combt medic. Why?

They nurf charged bolts = they reduce the DPS on assault tree as well.

I dont think they are reading at all the forums.

If you want to call a PvP balanced all classes should have equal chances of winning against all classes. ;)

SO yah I found out this morning my commando was gutted and no longer viable in PVP due to the heavy nerf to grav round which was my favorite move in WZs. So now im confused and thinking of just cancelling my sub and going back to WoW or if I should now shelve my trooper and reroll a new class. I know, I know im a FOTM reroller but I play this game to have fun and want to be OP especially in PVP. So wut class do you guys think I should reroll too or should i just cancel out? :o

You are one of the reasons they are nerfing it, lol. People who can just sit there and spam grav round and get huge damage in pvp. Sitting there spamming grav round isn't something that should happen, you should be HAVING to use more moves to get good numbers, not just spam grav round.

You are one of the reasons they are nerfing it, lol. People who can just sit there and spam grav round and get huge damage in pvp. Sitting there spamming grav round isn't something that should happen, you should be HAVING to use more moves to get good numbers, not just spam grav round.

But unfortunately instead of changing the gunnery spec that is focused around grav round they are nerfing the damage !!!

Assault is not useful against a premade with a healer, becasue simply he will outheal the DoT damage.

I never really saw the commando and the #1 choice at anything. I played the class because of the versatility. I can cc, throw some spot heals, and dps but I don't need to be the best at any of them. I adapt to what the group needs and we roll.

.....so about grav round spam gunnery spec is based around grav round how? it buff us arfter 5 shots nerfs them on 4-5 gots and it makes demo round and high impact bolt worth useing we need to use it 5 times to make impact bolt a useful move so in truth most commandos dont spam were just getting and keeping our buffs and your debuffs working but that is just my opinion and if you dont liek ti can u at least say so properly and give me a reason rather than just being rude about it. thankyou

.....so about grav round spam gunnery spec is based around grav round how? it buff us arfter 5 shots nerfs them on 4-5 gots and it makes demo round and high impact bolt worth useing we need to use it 5 times to make impact bolt a useful move so in truth most commandos dont spam were just getting and keeping our buffs and your debuffs working but that is just my opinion and if you dont liek ti can u at least say so properly and give me a reason rather than just being rude about it. thankyou

i'm honestly not trying to troll, but i can't really tell exactly what you're saying (also, please use some punctuation or line breaks)

are you saying that gunnery isn't based around grav round?

if so, are you saying it's not based around it now or won't be after 1.2 (or both)?

because honestly, gunnery is now and will still be based around grav round post 1.2 with charged barrel / charged barrier / curtain of fire / gravity surge / demo round / cell charger / muzzle fluting / steadied aim etc. all specifically mentioning grav round.

additionally, many of the bonuses from those applied benefit or benefit from only grav round.

i'm honestly not trying to troll, but i can't really tell exactly what you're saying (also, please use some punctuation or line breaks)

are you saying that gunnery isn't based around grav round?

if so, are you saying it's not based around it now or won't be after 1.2 (or both)?

because honestly, gunnery is now and will still be based around grav round post 1.2 with charged barrel / charged barrier / curtain of fire / gravity surge / demo round / cell charger / muzzle fluting / steadied aim etc. all specifically mentioning grav round.

additionally, many of the bonuses from those applied benefit or benefit from only grav round.

no what im saying is it IS based around grav round. so what many non commandos are moaning about as grav spam is us just trying to get evrything working.

Healing in pve was super easy. The pve content in this game is not that hard at all.

As for pvp, I was upset at the healing nerfs, but then saw that expertise got massively better. So that healing nerf we got really isn't that bad because expertise will cut into trauma debuff a lot more in 1.2.

I never really saw the commando and the #1 choice at anything. I played the class because of the versatility. I can cc, throw some spot heals, and dps but I don't need to be the best at any of them. I adapt to what the group needs and we roll.

Couldn't say it any better. Those that dwell on the negatives theres no alternative, they are happening, so make the tactical adjustment to your play style and get on with it - if you've got the goods to do so. You wanna be in charge of Havoc Squad or what ?

Make the most of the extra punch of demo round if your Gunnery spec, just as the Medics will make the most of kolto now healing 4.

Still a great class to play regardless of change

As I see it, at this moment, the CM is pretty damn powerful in terms of heals, with supercharged cell on your like a mass healing stationary turret, I was doing 5-6k heals with my commando on ops runs. With heavy armor and defense up the ***. While at the same time I really can't understand why we're getting nerfed to the ground like that, I sorta see a reason for it. Thus being said, I'm personally leveling a Sage and a Scoundrel and when 1.2 hits, I'll compare them and stick with the one that has more powerful heals and stick with it, till bioware decides to nerf that class and buff some other healing class.