1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

I would like to apologize for bioware...

they seem to have mixed up the inquisitor pvp and pve armor sets with the sets designed for the army of joker in DC universe online

armor sets

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

Key master clown costume ( sorc PVP set )

was originally designed for the riddle minions but later on changed to fit the clown of death minion type costume

Both the Key master clown costume and the smiling death mask costume was posted by mistake as the next SWTOR inquisitor tier 4 armor sets...

Please forgive bioware....

Please... let it be true.... i know its a mistake...

i trust bioware.... they are the best...

they would not design armors for starwars that have no relation to anything reminding us of a tech sorcerer wielding the force in some high tech setting...

would they... ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know what we want and can only provide SWTOR promotional art as example for what gear should look like but we know that we don't want that newfangled stuff from the same designers! Edited by Miaxi

Why do they keep designing armour that looks it belongs in wow? Just because it's end-game gear doesn't mean it has to look ridiculus and totally out of place.

If you really want to stick with designs like this, you might as well just give us a box full mods and skip on the armour itself. At least I won't have to pay to strip them out (which I will, instantly).

Edited by NasherUK

Gentlemen! Could we start summing up the general notion and address our mutual request to the developers? Here we go:

- BioWare, please have it noted that the general gaming public finds your efforts unsatisfactory in what concerns design of endgame armor for patch 1.2 for these main reasons:

1. All armor designs are questionable lore-wise and are taking the spirit of Star Wars even further away from the game, which the majority of us have no reasons to justify;

2. Basically, no given class has received an armor design which fits into it characteristically, which defines it gameplay role and style. This is true for all force-users and the Smuggler/Agent classes, with BH/Trooper being a possible exception.

We thus request that emergency measures be taken to change the said designs completely before patch 1.2 gets released. More importantly, we strongly suggest that in feature designs the general public's expectations on Star Wars atmosphere definition should be prioritized over individual designers' concepts who seem to work off existing trends in other MMOs (like World of Warcraft).

Thank you for understanig.

this... do it

I have to add my 5 cents here.

Please add my comment as a ps bellow your mature coment.

All u have to do is see the star wars movie series in the first place, and stop playing WOW.

PS

Not only current pvp sets (centurion/champion/battlemaster) are ugly and unfitting to star wars saga as possible, you had also designed new sets which are even worse.

After soo many years of excellent projects made for Lucas Arts, West End Games (starwars rpg), hell even for D20 Star Wars, you had ruined it, by adding Blizzards 'splendor' onto them. Additional rocket launchers on heads, shoulders and butts, wings on shoulderpads, disfigued helmets looking like happy hippo toys from kinder surprise...

Let the community see what you are up to sometimes... maybe they have additional comments on the armors... But right now, tier 1 and 2 endrgame armours are just ugly...

Well Ms Moderator.. if you think so:

Mr Zoeller,

From all your vids, i always see your vision, of a Star Wars MMO, that "lasts for years", the biggest coolest Star Wars Game ever. Your vision + the fact i love iconic Star Wars brought me to buy this game.

Please, have a look at this and tell me. do you envision, in your dream a JEDI KNIGHT, even in a debatable-canon, alternate universe look like this:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/coloredvariationsknight.jpg

For comparison:

http://www.google.de/search?q=jedi+knight&hl=de&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=Ir5sT7Qjh5860tLx8QU&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1119&bih=897

Seeing those designs i rather feel remembered to:

http://www.google.de/search?q=wow+armor&hl=de&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=J79sT6CkOYWDOrHHmYMG&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBAQ_AUoAQ&biw=1119&bih=897

Really. Other classes are debatably worse, and i dont even play a knight. I think a lot of people here would really like to see a step back, and if you have to, delay the Patch 1.2... but bring us Armours that look like Star Wars.

Or at least: Make prying out mods free.

These armors, are in game, and IMO these are what Jedi Knights should be wearing.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-25_19_19_07_865677.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-25_19_19_02_146350.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-25_19_18_57_870106.jpg

As a sentinel, I frown upon the White rakata armor and the ORANGE columi. Seriously..

This armor is for a Jedi Sentinel NPC on Correlia, Axial Park zoo.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT FOR MY SENTINEL TO WEAR

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-26_00_08_11_104026.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-26_00_08_29_722091.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-26_00_08_21_717633.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/vander89/Screenshot_2012-03-26_00_08_37_457533.jpg

Why they already made it in game, but not let us wear it?

come on, seriously Bioware, even in the cinematics, does any of the jedis wear orange armor?

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/39/870/weaponmaster_jk.jpg

*edit: The only armor I am looking forward to is The Exalted armors.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/sentinelexatled1.jpg

Thanks to Dulfy for posting the pics

(Usefull ideas for their artist goes here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3626651#post3626651 )

Edited by Vanderzz

Gentlemen! Could we start summing up the general notion and address our mutual request to the developers? Here we go:

- BioWare, please have it noted that the general gaming public finds your efforts unsatisfactory in what concerns design of endgame armor for patch 1.2 for these main reasons:

1. All armor designs are questionable lore-wise and are taking the spirit of Star Wars even further away from the game, which the majority of us have no reasons to justify;

2. Basically, no given class has received an armor design which fits into it characteristically, which defines it gameplay role and style. This is true for all force-users and the Smuggler/Agent classes, with BH/Trooper being a possible exception.

We thus request that emergency measures be taken to change the said designs completely before patch 1.2 gets released. More importantly, we strongly suggest that in feature designs the general public's expectations on Star Wars atmosphere definition should be prioritized over individual designers' concepts who seem to work off existing trends in other MMOs (like World of Warcraft).

/signed

Don't turn this into a petition, keep this a discussion or you will never get an answer.

I'm sure they noted this thread and perhaps (or not) they will add a reply if they feel they need/want to. Otherwise, bumping only stating "/signed" is only going to hurt the thread and have it closed. I'd only advise we all keep it going as a discussion.

Edited by SillyTurtle

With 64+ pages, 640+ posts, & over 47,737k views.... there should be some Dev feedback by now. Where oh where is Georg Zoeller, or Will Wallace? :rolleyes:

To quote the venerable Chevy Chase "Come on guys"

What kind of dev feedback are you looking to get?

"We spent hundreds of hours designing these sets, but since some people don't like them we'll scrap it all and go back to the drawing board."

??

They can't make everyone happy, and they know what they're doing. When was the last time you saw the new tier of WoW raid gear and thought, damn I can't wait to get that?

With the mod system update in 1.2 this whole issue is alleviated. I think if you actually took an objective look at the T2 armors you'd find a few pieces on each set that would look great when combined with other pieces.

"We spent hundreds of hours designing these sets, but since some people don't like them we'll scrap it all and go back to the drawing board."

??

They can't make everyone happy, and they know what they're doing. When was the last time you saw the new tier of WoW raid gear and thought, damn I can't wait to get that?

With the mod system update in 1.2 this whole issue is alleviated. I think if you actually took an objective look at the T2 armors you'd find a few pieces on each set that would look great when combined with other pieces.

Your funny. All the 20+ people in my guild have said they look like crap and hate the end game gears in this game. And i'm pretty sure it's the same in most guilds.What people like you fails to understand this is not wow. Says star wars on the game box.And guess what, players want to look like they belong in the star wars universe.

The end game gear in this game look like garbage, face the facts.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

??

a) Something along those lines, yes.

b) Never played wow... for a reason. This is Star Wars, not Star Wow.

more pew pew, less pandas. :D

??

Epic facepalm.... seems your are not a Star Wars fan.... ur just a wow fan... this is not wow, WoW has not done movies, nor the amount of toys, video games, books, collectibles, etc... SW is a universe, we like to feel we are in that universe...

With the mod system update in 1.2 this whole issue is alleviated.

alleviated my ***, I wear it for set bonuses. If we were to take out mods and put it in other gear I won't get the same bonuses...

if set bonuses were transferable then yes it would be alleviated.

So this is what i think:

-Knights like scuba diving in the 50s?

-Trooper is advanced maybe... couple thousand years, but other than that, looking like you came directly out of clone wars.

-Smugglers when did you get a sand person to design your outfit?

-Sage, lol, when are you going to get on your knees for me?

-Agent, Actually not bad other than you look like your advertising cheerios.

-Warrior, Meh, better than the current but still, looks like a set i've seen from wow....

-Sorcerer, Looks like a set out of a familiar game...D3?

-Bh not bad

Sorry, only one looks like its out of star wars, and that would be trooper, clone wars to be exact. I don't wanna play Star wow. I wan't Star wars.

Nuff said, certain that this theme-park ticket is one i wish i never bought, think i'm going to leave before the clowns come.

Edited by Synystar

alleviated my ***, I wear it for set bonuses. If we were to take out mods and put it in other gear I won't get the same bonuses...

if set bonuses were transferable then yes it would be alleviated.

they are. along with the armoring..

but people expect to see some epix epix gear for the end game.. not something they were leveling up with...

they are. along with the armoring..

but people expect to see some epix epix gear for the end game.. not something they were leveling up with...

Make sure you add the part behind the big azz *

Only for the NEW armor sets, NOT for the old sets in the game now.