What's your dumbest blunder?

rooTheDay

I'll start.

On Quesh, you land and walk over to this elevator right away to take you to the main area.

I fell.

Not only did I fall, I fell so badly... i died.

Face->Palm.

Fought my way through hoards of Republic troopers and Sith-eating monsters, and then fall down. No enemies. No rush. And it wasn't even in the Cantina.

I'm sure I'll never live that down with all the other Dark Lords out there.

Just thought it would be interesting to see what else people have done.

--roo

While in a group, saying I will sneak in and Tranquilize a mob with my healing scoundrel.

Stalk up to the mob, get in range, and BAM!

I accidentally roll into cover, canceling stealth.

We proceed to wipe cause I get focused right off the bat.

Luckily no one was really angry, and I performed after that.

"I don't know what happened! This never happens to me!"

Edited by CJAShadow

While in a group, saying I will sneak in and Tranquilize a mob with my healing scoundrel.

Stalk up to the mob, get in range, and BAM!

I accidentally roll into cover, canceling stealth.

We proceed to wipe cause I get focused right off the bat.

Luckily no one was really angry, and I performed after that.

"I don't know what happened! This never happens to me!"

Yeah I hate cover-nodes. Thats why I moved my Roll-Cover button to the ~ next to 1. I have to purposely reach that far to hit it etc...

On KP on the mobs on the bridges right before you fight Karraga, I say on my shadow, "I'll cc the right one", just to have them discover me.

Our whole team wipes and I'm like "I have no idea how they saw me".

And my guildmates go "Dude, you weren't in stealth.", Facepalm.

Fortunetly people took it fairly well since my guild is really friendly.

My first character after launch was a Trooper. At level 10, I hit the AC choice and chose Commando. When I looked in my inventory, for some reason I thought that the bag that was related to your advanced class was some kind of "totem" or chit that I had to keep with me throughout the game so that I could play as the Commando variant.

At one point in the mid-20s I got to Nar Shaddaa, still carrying the little bag with me. I got tired of it taking up my inventory slot so I stuck it in the cargo hold.

Right after that, I tried to go out to get the Strength datacron, and after getting all that way, when I went to open the datacron, I got a message "YOU MUST COMPLETE MISSIONS BEFORE YOU DO THIS."

At the time, I had no idea what it meant, but I assumed it was because I had left my AC bag back in the cargo hold. So I ran all the way back there to get it, then came back to try the datacron and after finally jumping those damned pipes enough got back to it, and still got the same error.

(It was because I had too many missions in my mission log, but I didn't know this at the time.)

So anyway, I kept the bag with me after that, out of superstition I guess.

One day I'm back at the fleet, taking a break from the missions on Tatooine. I'm level 31 at that point.

I see someone over General chat say, "Don't forget to open your advanced class bag to get your goodies."

And I get this chilling thud in my stomach, combined with the thought, "You didn't really do that, did you?"

Right click the bag, boom, there's the assault cannon I should have received back at level 10. LOL

Stooooooooooppppiiiiiidddddddd...

I ROUTINELY sell gear/items that I'm trying to equip/use. I have a vendor window open, and my inventory window. Then after buying/selling something, I try to "equip" and "poof" - SOLD. No matter how many times I remind myself, I do this at least once every 10 days or so. I never submit tickets since I'm the moron. I just "buy back" in shame.

For the end of chapter 1 quest for SI, I thought I was using a WP stim. Nope, sold it back and didn't pay attention. Died. Came back to buy another (and repair) and noticed by creds seemed higher than expected. Looked in 'buy back' list and there was my $2000 cred stim. :o

An "are you sure" or some other indicator would be nice, but still - shame on me!

bought a full set of moddable gear for a companion...only then did I realize it was class specific armor.

also I sold off or passed on orange gear for the first many levels on my first character....before learning what commendations and mods were all about.

There's a tunnel on Belsavis where the elevator shaft looks EXACTLY like a floor from the right angle. I fell down it.

Twice.

I did that once on my Marauder. The lighting was pretty dark and to me it looked like a ramp, rather than an elevator. The elevator shaft was so long I had time to pan the camera up to Quinn, who was standing at the top looking down as I fell to my death. I can only imagine the thoughts going through his head...

One day after waking up quite early to go to work.

Had a bad neck spasm , so i reached for some Icy Hot and rubbed it into my neck.

Also had a serious case of batwing going on so without thinking I used the same hand to adjust my unit.

Was left with scorching hot package for about 2 hours:mad:

Edited by Blavatsky