Sooo, did anybody NOT come from WoW?

Belly

Not trying the bash WoW, it was/is obviously very successful. I was just wondering if anybody came from a different MMO background. I came from Aion myself, till those jerks wouldn't let me renew my sub because I submitted my credit card from a different country :/

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit WoW six months after release. I came here from DDO.

EQ, DAoC, Lineage II, Horizons, WoW, FFXI, LoTRO, Conan, EVE, SWG, EQ2, GW, Tabula Rasa, CoH, Rift, DDO... and I'm sure I missed a few.

Edited by Bamajawn

SWG for 6.5372 years

EQ2, tried Wow until level 35 .. didnt like it. and then STO, LOTR, Then CoH

Then this.

Not in any particular order. but SWG was my first MMo 2003 opening day

Edited by Foofie

Came from xbox xD I did play MMO's for a while...

Here is an extensive list of all my MMOs played:

Guild Wars

City of Heroes/Villains

Warhammer

WoW (a month)

EQII

LOTRO

APB (if you call that an MMO)

Toontown (when I was younger)

Rift

I can't really say the order since I went back and forth for a long time :p

I don't remember anymore at this moment.

Edited by WNxAres

Eq2 launch-Dec 2011 full time play. (25+ hours per week)

Most hardcore Eq2 players always compared WoW to checkers. (Whereas we played Chess)

:)

It's interesting to see how players from other games react to things. (Raids, PVP, etc)

He he you are sooo right,one glaring example from what i have noticed is that WoW players rush in alot faster in zones,they also feel as though they are more entitled to beat the whole zone first try,,EQ2 vets take a bit slower approach and do not expect to beat the zone on the first try and are content with half even.

Even though i never played WoW i get a sense that death was not as much as a risk as in EQ2,maybe im wrong,again i never played WoW.

Edited by Sathid

Not trying the bash WoW, it was/is obviously very successful. I was just wondering if anybody came from a different MMO background. I came from Aion myself, till those jerks wouldn't let me renew my sub because I submitted my credit card from a different country :/

I came from Aion too, which is why all QQ on these forums never ceases to amaze me. ;)

I would say I came from WoW but I have played it under much duress and continual hatred ( wanting to stick with the same friends and players) but it was short lived

I came from SWG PRe cu/CU/NGE>AOC>WAR>wow>fallen earth>CO>rift trial

at which point I gave up on MMO's and waited for this one

after Swtor I doubt I will play another MMO GW2 and tera look like fails to me at least and no company wants to break the WoW model without throwing in some awful concept like darkfail FPS aspect

problem with MMO's is they take so long to be made the hype will never match the game

do I like Swtor yeah I do is it as good as I hoped it would be NO no where close but if I had to choose I would not of gone with the combat system class system BW did

where I would rate all these games I do not know but I know WoW would come a close second to last behind rift which is the worse WoW clone I have seen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.