Makade

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They need a more aggressive dev cycle.

The majority of my guild has had full rakata gear for weeks. I know we are on the top tier of progression, but this is a little slow. People are pretty much only logging in on Tuesdays at this point to clear both 16 mans ops in less then 3 hours(NM of cours).

I read that the new content will be much harder and that will go a long way to keeping people interested, I just hope it's not too little too late as people are already looking to move on, or go back to X mmo.

They sent out a feedback email recently. This was one of my main points.

I will admit I was one who for a time thought BW were really slow but thinking back on everything they have been really on the ball.

I'm not saying the game doesn't suck in areas because it does, but BW have been really listening and the game has come a long way in such a short period of time. A lot of people in the TOR community are far too impatient, perhaps the game is still suffering from all the hype pre launch, which no game could ever live up to.

So it's been three months since launch, and what has Bioware done? Bioware needs to take a long, hard look at Trion (the new bar for MMO devs), take a few notes, and get busy. I suspect there is too much celebrating going on in Austin for them to even recognize that their update schedule is laughable (the blind arrogance of this dev team regarding their "success" with this titanic is astounding). Players these days will not tolerate a so-so patch (made up of stuff that any crap F2P MMO has at launch) every 4 months. Bioware needs to wake up, get some humility, and get to work. I wish I would have listened to EA Louse.

What makes them the 'new bar' for mmo devs? Because they release updates, tweaks, and fixes way too early before testing the overall impact of them? Because their MMO bombed? I dont get it. . .

Hell, if I had a team working on a project for 7 or so years I'd gladly give them a break upon it's release.

If their update schedule is 'laughable' then you expect waaaay too much.

You're trolling too hard kid, you need to wake up.

No, I'm right. The server populations say so.

What? You're wrong, but the populations do say something. It says they're having the best retention rate of ANY MMO. aka doing a great job

Edited by FourTwent

I remember 3 or 4 months after Rift came out there was just as much complaining , as this is game is getting. Comparing games that just came out a few months ago to games that have been out for a year or more seems silly to me , just my opinion though :)

You ever think that the Devs might be smart enough to understand the sophomoric behavior of their clientele needs to be a factor in their product release?

You give people something every week thats 'AMAZING' then you set the bar too damn high and create an unrealistic expectation.

Release every month or two and you create an more workable time table that the devs/testers etc... can honestly fulfill.

This forum thrives on unrealistic expectations.

This forum thrives on unrealistic expectations.

You expect realistic expectations from MMO players? Even worse, the tiny percentage of them that post on forums?

Do you think your expectations for them are realistic? :rolleyes:

I remember 3 or 4 months after Rift came out there was just as much complaining , as this is game is getting. Comparing games that just came out a few months ago to games that have been out for a year or more seems silly to me , just my opinion though :)

That's not strictly true though.

Most people have an idea of what the "minimum" requirements are to call a game ready for release.

We're comparing the game as we play it today, to our expectations of what they game should have been at launch.

3 months in and it's looking like patch 1.3 or 1.4 to get all the basics working (cross realm lfg, server moves etc). Minimum expectations are things like guild banks (and we're still a month away from those). Maybe August/september before the last of the basics are in.

Will patch 1.2 be enough to keep people going for another 5 months, I doubt it.

So yeah they're moving too slowly.

They're coming out with a ton of new features in 1.2, which is being released in early April (the last major patch being in mid-January). That's about a three-month time between patches, which isn't long at all if you compare to say, Blizzard (six months at least between major patches, ten months between the last WotLK patch and Cataclysm/patch 4.0), Blizzard being the creator of the most popular MMO to date.

And this is along with as much or more than Blizzard releases every six months.

I don't know about you, but this seems pretty damn impressive to me.

They're coming out with a ton of new features in 1.2, which is being released in early April (the last major patch being in mid-January). That's about a three-month time between patches, which isn't long at all if you compare to say, Blizzard (six months at least between major patches, ten months between the last WotLK patch and Cataclysm/patch 4.0), Blizzard being the creator of the most popular MMO to date.

And this is along with as much or more than Blizzard releases every six months.

I don't know about you, but this seems pretty damn impressive to me.

It's hardly "new content" though...

So far it's mainly just been big fixes and things that should have worked from day one...

Which is the point, is the four month wait for patch 1.2 too slow (considering most of the features inside should have been in from day one).

We all have our own opinion on it, mine is it's too slow. Compounded by 1.2 not even containing all the basics, more to follow in 1.3 and 1.4...

Some people forget that Bioware previously confirmed that this "new content" coming in 1.2 has actually been worked on for the last year or so. In other words, it was largely complete by the time launch day arrived, they just pulled it from launch because it needed finishing off.

So, I'm wondering what happens when that "reservoir" of pre-launch content dries up, and how long it will take them to introduce new content from the drawing board, to the live servers.

Edited by Tarka

I know, it's a foolish idea.

I know what you mean. I was patient with WoW for almost 4 years. Most MMO players are not that patient. I enjoyed the game for about 20% of that time, and that is being extremely generous. Too many mechanics and features that could frustrate a player was present. But not in this game. Not by a long shot! WoW clone my ***.

Edited by xorcist

3 months in and it's looking like patch 1.3 or 1.4 to get all the basics working (cross realm lfg, server moves etc). Minimum expectations are things like guild banks (and we're still a month away from those). Maybe August/september before the last of the basics are in.

You will need to define "all the basics" better.

Please list all mmo's ever made and then all mmo's that had cross server queuing within the first 3 months of release.

I await your list ...

Hijacking this thread a bit. They are moving way to slow on certain things though. How long do I need to wait before they fix the Rattataki Leader evade bug on Belsavis dailies? Surely this would take a dev 1hr to fix?

These types of minor bug should have been first on the priority list imo.

Why? He is partly correct. Trion has released a lot of updates with a lot of content regularly. I don't see why it's that big of a deal. Developers should look at Trion and figure out how they pump out new content regularly.

Maybe they arent looking because it involved radically altering classes with every other patch ? Seriously the amount of class changes all the time was ridiculous.

You know what's funny? Every time I hear someone bring up Rift and their patches they only talk about the major content updates. Like your 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, ect. ect. Never do I see them list a patch like a 1.5.1 or a 1.6.1. You know those patches that Bioware is currently doing to the 1.1 content patch. So for our viewing pleasure. Rifts 1.6.1 patch!

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #5 - 8:00am PDT 12/28/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 29/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #10 - 10:30am PST 1/26/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 27/1/12 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #9 - 8:00am PST 1/24/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 25/1/12 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #8 - 8:00am PST 1/18/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 19/1/12 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #7 - 8:00am PST 1/6/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 6/1/12 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #6 - 8:00am PST 1/3/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 4/1/12 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #5 - 8:00am PDT 12/28/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 29/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #4 - 8:00am PDT 12/22/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 23/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #3 - 8:00am PDT 12/21/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 22/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #2 - 8:00am PDT 12/19/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 20/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #1 - 8:00am PDT 12/13/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 14/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6.1 - 12:00pm PDT 12/7/11 [NA] - 4:30am GMT 08/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6 Hotfix #4 - 8:00am PDT 12/1/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 02/12/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6 Hotfix #3 - 8:00am PDT 11/29/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 30/11/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6 Hotfix #2 + #2.5 - 8:00am PDT 11/22+23/11 [NA] - 3:00am GMT 23/11/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6 Hotfix #1 - 8:00am PDT 11/18/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 19/11/11 [EU]

RIFT 1.6 - 10:00am PDT 11/16/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 17/11/11 [EU]

That's an update every week, sometimes more than once a week, with bug fixes and improvements, for months.

We can't even get a f'n combat log turned on.

Edited by Amuntet

With Rift update 1.8 they will be adding a new raid that looks outstanding Infernal Dawn with many bosses. I have to say the raiding in rift blows swtor away! There is no game in the market that is as deep at endgame as Rift.

Instant Adventures

Chronicles

Master Mode Dungeons

Rift And Zone Events

Ember isle

Talent advancement way past 50

PvP Warfronts

Achievement System

Pvp open world Rifts

Raids that are visually incredible & don't suck

With Rift update 1.8 they will be adding a new raid that looks outstanding Infernal Dawn with many bosses. I have to say the raiding in rift blows swtor away! There is no game in the market that is as deep at endgame as Rift.

Instant Adventures

Chronicles

Master Mode Dungeons

Rift And Zone Events

Ember isle

Talent advancement way past 50

PvP Warfronts

Achievement System

Pvp open world Rifts

Raids that are visually incredible & don't suck

but rift is terribly boring. Have they fixed that yet?