Bioware is moving WAY too slowly

Makade

Why am I here? Because I like the Star Wars IP enough to check back from time to time, and I can sub or unsub to multiple games at my leisure because I don't deliver pizzas for a living.

Hey now. Don't hate on us pizza delivery guys. We keep you guys going with endless amounts of junk and 2 liters of cola. Besides I got a raise this past winter.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my point. Of course people can play multiple games. At times I've been subbed to five different games at one time (EVE, WWII Online, EQ, CoH, SWG).

The difference between the likes of you and me, since I was having fun playing those games, I never visited the forums. Why? Because I was too busy having fun playing those games, haha. And if I had time to be on a forum, it would be on the forums of the games I was having fun playing so I could talk about cool things.

Is that I am making money as I browse the forums and having fun at it while you fient the morale high ground and of course the obligatory question, why you on the forums now?

And yet you people are here instead of Rift...if Rift is SO amazing, why are you even bothering to be here?

I don't play Rift, but you the premise in your argument is that we can only play 1 game. Is it not conceivable that many people play multiple games and in that process find all games somewhat lacking, so they jump from game to game from time to time when they get bored? Playing different MMOs gives you some perspective as to what are the things you'd like to see in a game; so you might like Rift's frequency of patching, but you actually find SWTOR's voice-over questing engaging... why can't we expect both in a single game?

So is Rift actually doing pretty good?

Rift is doing great, it's a small developer that has sustained 1 million users. You can get a free trial to level 20 to check out the game, has free transfers and a cross server LFD so you'll never not have groups. Only thing is it doen't have the production value of SWTOR or WoW (imo) but the community is 10x better then this game.

lol on the rift forums you see

"i'm quitting" threads

then on here you see people say that millions of people are flooding the rift servers and they're all "high" or "full" constantly with 10 hour wait times.

i'm totally confused. not to mention their general forums on a daily basis may only get one page worth of new post. where as the SWTOR forums gets around 36+ pages DAILY of new post.

I have to agree, they are fixing this mess waaaaaaaaaaaay too slow.

They are celebrating cause its another warhammer online. Cheap game sold for giant money and meinteined by like 1-2 working people. Next title will be also cheap, horrible game but with tv recorded cutscenes with real life actors. And they will fool people again! :)

You fooled me once Bioware, shame on you. Then you fooled me 2nd time, shame on me. - I will not be fooled third time.

Edited by MuNieK

Only two storylines in Rift and 8 in this game

Endgame - well - it's like any end game - raid, gear up, farm rep - we all know about that

Not a lot of sense of humour in Rift either

So at this stage - I have tons to see and do in this game and am having great fun with all the story lines - even having started at release

With Rift basically it was just seeing differerent class abilites after levelling on the Defiant and Guardian side and raiding on both

And last time I logged in Rift - the number of servers had gone down substantially, and even the number on the busiest servers was right down (can see in Meridian or the higher zones at peak times)

Pretty well all that's left are people turning up to raid

I think he means that Rifts put up bigger patches more often

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/patch-notes/

look at their history, at least they are putting constant updates. Once or twice a week.

bigger patches, more often?.... 6 weeks of hotfixes, that's what they did last ^^ and they need 2 months for a major content patch too, so stop complaining. That's exactly what Bioware is doing right now.

Edited by neezey

Agree. And everyone who disagrees have not played Rift so they don't know the awesomeness the Trion developers are.

The patches that have been released are so small I feel as though there hasn't been a single update in this game.

^

this

There was just one patch till now, where I would belive that more then 1 guy is working for BW. Most of the patch notes aren't even half a DIN A4 if you remove blank lines. That's what my boss expect me to do in 2 DAYS and not 1 to 2 weeks.

PS:

And I do any bet they wanted to release 1.2 as boxed add on where we should pay for ... if 1.0 hadn't been such a desaster.

Edited by Jahor

The community in this game only sucks because half are pissed off and disappointed (rightly so) and the other half are sick of hearing about it from the first half. (can't blame them, either)

I have been sticking with this game because I've looked forward to it for years and having a star wars mmo back is nice. However, things need to change.

It's way too easy to get geared up. Most of my characters have gotten full columi in one day from an ops run. Right now there's no replay value in a character and I can't imagine why they don't see this. I don't want a grind, but come on....make us work a little.

Content is way too easy. Okay, so maybe they did it to draw people in knowing they'd attract a star wars crowd that haven't played mmo's. It would appear that their idea of challenging is just to inject it with bugs that piss people off week after week. Whatever the case, it's ridiculous that this game is so easy. I'm talking both pve and pvp. That leads to my next point...

PvP in this game is really a joke. Not that I ever thought mmo's were hard, but this is a bit silly. It really feels like a giant faceroll. It's not challenging and Bioware....adding a million knockbacks to a game doesn't make it so. It just makes it annoying. I shouldn't expect much given who they have doing the pvp here, but you'd think they would learn after their other failed attempts.

So, the only thing to do right now is level to 50, run an Op and go find another class to rinse-repeat with.

Am I pissed off? Yeah. I'm seeing less and less of my friends logging on week after week. Not that I blame them. I would just like to continue playing with the people I enjoy playing with. Bioware's not making that easy on anyone.

The storyline and questing is great here. That's something I can't say for any other mmo going back to UO. All that leaves us with is an Alt-Fest, though. Put the same attention into the rest of the game and you're making history. If not....well, it'll just be "TOR, what was that? Oh yeah, I remember now. Cool story, bro."

Edited by fretropolis

The community in this game only sucks because half are pissed off and disappointed (rightly so) and the other half are sick of hearing about it from the first half. (can't blame them, either)

I have been sticking with this game because I've looked forward to it for years and having a star wars mmo back is nice. However, things need to change.

It's way too easy to get geared up. Most of my characters have gotten full columi in one day from an ops run. Right now there's no replay value in a character and I can't imagine why they don't see this. I don't want a grind, but come on....make us work a little.

Content is way too easy. Okay, so maybe they did it to draw people in knowing they'd attract a star wars crowd that haven't played mmo's. It would appear that their idea of challenging is just to inject it with bugs that piss people off week after week. Whatever the case, it's ridiculous that this game is so easy. I'm talking both pve and pvp. That leads to my next point...

PvP in this game is really a joke. Not that I ever thought mmo's were hard, but this is a bit silly. It really feels like a giant faceroll. It's not challenging and Bioware....adding a million knockbacks to a game doesn't make it so. It just makes it annoying. I shouldn't expect much given who they have doing the pvp here, but you'd think they would learn after their other failed attempts.

So, the only thing to do right now is level to 50, run an Op and go find another class to rinse-repeat with.

Am I pissed off? Yeah. I'm seeing less and less of my friends logging on week after week. Not that I blame them. I would just like to continue playing with the people I enjoy playing with. Bioware's not making that easy on anyone.

The storyline and questing is great here. That's something I can't say for any other mmo going back to UO. All that leaves us with is an Alt-Fest, though. Put the same attention into the rest of the game and you're making history. If not....well, it'll just be "TOR, what was that? Oh yeah, I remember now. Cool story, bro."

^awesome!^

I really really like this game ... I am more engaged in this one that any of the other MMOs that I have played. Maybe the nostalgia factor is what has me but I just love the characterizations, the massive and beautiful game scape, and the voice over of the missions. I find it captivating. I liked Rift when it came out but it was another bland game to me. I think that it has to do with the fact that I evaluate the RP the portion.

A working stiff like me needs and escape. I play SWTOR, and I a can take that vacation to Corusant, Alderaan, even Hutta.

This game is like an extention of Star Tours; a place to get away and have some fun.

Has Trion released subscription numbers for Rift?

Way down since the release of this game. Some are going back. I might. Sadly, as great a job as Trion has done, and I feel like they've really put a lot of heart and soul into Rift, they will probably get crushed between TOR and GW2.

I'm a big Bioware fan, and an a much bigger Star Wars fan, so it should take a lot to get me to move away from this game, yet I'm really only waiting for my sub to expire. I guess that's a good example of how disappointed I am. I don't think Bioware sees the forest for the trees... I think they see the green though. Ka-ching!!

Way down since the release of this game. Some are going back. I might. Sadly, as great a job as Trion has done, and I feel like they've really put a lot of heart and soul into Rift, they will probably get crushed between TOR and GW2.

I'm a big Bioware fan, and an a much bigger Star Wars fan, so it should take a lot to get me to move away from this game, yet I'm really only waiting for my sub to expire. I guess that's a good example of how disappointed I am. I don't think Bioware sees the forest for the trees... I think they see the green though. Ka-ching!!

What does Rift have that SW:TOR doesn't have? Because I feel like, you can do dynamic quests only so much before you get bored of them.

I heard that the rapid fire patches of Rift have also caused quite a few headaches. Ultimately I didn't care much for the game for the time I played it. The overall playspace is small. The animations just look too stiff. The class system is a balance nightmare. The questing was the same as in any other MMO. The artistic style of the game bored me. There was nothing about that game that gripped me. I had to force myself to level to see what the game had to offer. By the time I hit 20 it felt more like some kind of punishment I owed myself for a past deed.

And yet you people are here instead of Rift...if Rift is SO amazing, why are you even bothering to be here?

For me, personally? I was just dumb enough to subscribe for three months in advance. Hey, it was cheaper that way. How was I to know I'd regret it? At least I'm not blaming Bioware for that.

What does Rift have that SW:TOR doesn't have? Because I feel like, you can do dynamic quests only so much before you get bored of them.

Rift has been out longer, so it is a little more cleaned up and smooth running, and the endgame content is better, but mostly I think they are better at catering to a hardcore MMO audience. As far as questing goes, honestly, it's kinda boring in both games to me. Beyond the voiceovers, the sytem is exactly the same (kill 20 __, activate 3 __, return n do it again). You are completely right, though, and that does not bode well for either game.

Edited by DJunior

What have BW done? Trying to fix some PvP exploits and broken others.

This week they been patching 2 or 3 times... so in the end... they done nothing special.

Mobs are still bugged, attacks work wierd, crashing, lag, exploits, AH is crap, list is long and all they say is COMING UP IN 1.2 Patch.... WHEN?????????????

What have BW done? Trying to fix some PvP exploits and broken others.

This week they been patching 2 or 3 times... so in the end... they done nothing special.

Mobs are still bugged, attacks work wierd, crashing, lag, exploits, AH is crap, list is long and all they say is COMING UP IN 1.2 Patch.... WHEN?????????????

https://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=swtor+patch+1.2+release+date&oq=swtor+patch+1.2+release+date&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=2761l4188l1l4281l13l3l0l9l9l0l179l357l1.2l12l0&gs_l=hp.3..0.2761l4188l1l4281l13l3l0l9l9l0l179l357l1j2l12l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=5f0fed1bce13843&biw=1676&bih=791

Gooogle is your friiiiiend. Frieeeend foooooreeeeeveeeeer.

Agree. And everyone who disagrees have not played Rift so they don't know the awesomeness the Trion developers are.

The patches that have been released are so small I feel as though there hasn't been a single update in this game.

Rift's patches are frequently smaller, and SO SO SO many people left that game because they screwed around with the classes far TOO much.

Rift has its problems, but that said, it's far and away the best MMO on the market right now. I quit Rift when I didn't have time for MMO's, and now that I do I gave this a try. As charming as leveling was, it has a garbage end game. All of the 1.2 features needed to be in the game at launch, period. This is also the type of game that needs a dungeon finder, since it is so dependent on the trinity. Bioware made so many mistakes with this, I don't think it'll ever recover. Even if they fix the majority of the issues, they've lost a lot of people for good. The people that I know who quit won't be coming back, no matter what's in patch 1.2 or 1.3.