The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

damned if the do, damned if they don't.

"zomg why did you release this patch with so many bugs?"

then

"zomg why are you taking down the servers to fix bugs?"

They can;t win.

What the hell are you talking about? Unless it's something critical and gamebraking taking down the servers at primetime shouldn't be acceptable.

Edited by Jakeswed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then

They can;t win.

I have no problem with them fixing whatever needs to be fixed, but I get cranky when they say "check the forums" and there's nothing there. Now this time, there is a terse post which is better than nothing but every week...down for main. check forums for details and they close down the whole thing!

Okay, I'm done. :) Well, 'cept for wanting to know what's up, the reason for this in middle of EU's primetime, must've been something rather important.

I know very vague and odd info...maybe its a major bug fix they want to do before CST peak time????

Which could be regarded as evidence that European players are second class then. Not that I actually believe that but in these moments I can see how some can come to that conclusion.

Random maintenance doesn't usually bother me but...

Doesn't Bioware pay people to communicate these things? I would think so considering it said to check the forums for information. I could be wrong though, I know some industries pay people to pretend to work all day while doing nothing.

Bioware, can I work for you guys as a CSR? I too would like to get paid for doing nothing. I promise to work really hard [at doing nothing] for you.

Really?

This is the 2nd time in 2 days that I've logged in to play during the timeframe that I'm able to play and it's announced the servers going down and to check forums for details...

...Umm, where are these details?

Lastly, What is SOOOO important to shut the servers down in the middle of the day? Bioware, can you not do this crap at 3 AM? From what I saw for the 5 minutes I was on, nothing was going on that was in dire need of attention.

Then again, I'm not a developer or whatever so what do I know?

Get your crap together so I can get my money's worth out of your product. k, thanks.

Well, regardless of whether its an "emergency" hotfix or not, not giving prior warning to players as to WHY the servers are being taken down is very bad form Bioware.

i would love to see you give someone "prior" notice about an emergency situation. "emergency" implies that it just came up. cant give notice to something you dont know about.

its like getting hit by a drunk driver and claiming in court that you had no prior notice he was going to hit you.

then

They can;t win.

No kid, they are doing a patch in the middle of a Thursday, normally patches come during schedules maintenance which happens to be the same time each week. This is off of the regular schedule - In the past BW has said that they would only do emergency patches if a particular bug was being exploited and needed to be stopped immediately. People are curious as to what bug was being exploited today to make them take down the servers and patch it - get it now?

Work all day and come home to "maintenance" with no information about why and no notice. It is disappointing and really not a great customer experience.

Bioware, please do better with regards to communication to your customers in the future.