New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

Where the Frakk is an official response to what is going on, what was so important that it needed to be fixed NOW at peak time, apparently the moderators can run round closing threads but not giving paying customers information...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if they do maintenance at 2 a.m. CST people complain. If they do a patch at 1 p.m. CST people complain.

Face it - there's no good time to do it - someone somewhere will be inconvenienced. Deal with it.

Oh might as well shaft the europeans everytime then! Because everone can be inconvenienced. For our convenience we'll just EFF the Euro's everytime. Less QQ than with Americans. Might as well!

Edited by Coogihat

So....31 pages of crying and flaming and no results yet? It's 1pm here..just got home and saw servers down for a patch.. Any info at all on this or just speculation??

I would think if it's the new update they would have announced it days in advance (unless I missed a post on this). I think that makes about the 20th downtime outside of the scheduled maint. I have walked into in the 6 weeks I have had this game... That's a lot imo. I just unsubbed all 4 accounts on other game yesterday...I have no backup!! Guess I can call the ex over for 2 hours...heh

has anyone ever thought that maybe the devs dont even have the full details and are waiting till they figure the problem out to divulge information? Why tell the community about a problem you dont have the fix to yet??? Better business to wait, solve the problem, and then tell everyone ooommmmmgggg we are like soooo sorry for ruining 2 hours of your day by not letting you play swtor. If it really is a boring/bad game then WHY THE HELL DOES IT CAUSE SO MUCH EMOTION INSIDE YOURSELF!?

If thats the case how can they possibly say the patch will be 2hours, have a word with yourself next time before you post

Anyone remember when the ilum exploiting was going on and everyone was ************ it took them a day to bring the servers down? Makes this thread even more amusing to me seeing as how this was a quick enough of a response none of us know exactly what its for. It could actually be to fix some game breaking **** that started to go down.

Wonder what the Reaction would be from some of our, less than stable American friends (not saying there arnt Europeans who are particularly unstable at least entirely) but what would happen if this occurred during their peak time? would the reaction be "ohhh well Cest la Vie" or would it be a rabble I wonder?

Rav

I am an American with odd play times, and every server downtime has shortened the time I can play. Guess, what... I deal with it. So should you.

Just sat down....Day off....Wanted to make armor for my Commando.....Whaaaaaaaa!

SoK I had to, ya know, clean the house anyway.

I think everyone is raging over the wrong thing. This is clearly to me a problem that threatens the game immensely. It's a stability bug, someone found a money making exploit, or someone found a hack to get your character information. And what ever it is, is growing out of control.

It's not like they said "Well Joe over here. He beat that boss solo, so were dropping the servers and patching it."

It's two hours, it sucks for everyone who was playing, regardless of time zone. Cause we all had a few hours to play. This game is 24/7, 365. No matter when you take them down. Someone is gong to be mad.

BTW Asherson's Call used to patch during the day time. All the time, and their monthly update was huge....And we were all on dial up back then :eek:

It was called "PATCH DAY" for a reason.

Nah bro. Blizzard cares about their customers even non americans, so they patch according to their downtime.

EA is still in last century mode and do what's convenient for them and not their customers. GG EA/bioware!

OMG!!! Will you EU players stop your whining already. BW has explained this numerous times. Unlike Blizzard; which runs separate CLIENTS, not just servers; SWTOR runs 1 global client. Hence the single global downtime. Get over it. If it upsets you so much, go play another freaking game. I am so sick of US/Aussie players complaining about something that will not likely change.

After reading so many QQ'ers, I have to say none of you must have run a business. Obviously, no business intentionally wants to upset their customers. This is not a knee-jerk reaction. If BW felt it important enough to inconvience customers, it must be pretty darn important. It's two hours (hopefully) so give them the time they need for a better game experience for us.

This is brilliant! I wonder how many pages this thread will get to before the servers back up?

I guess this shows hown many players would have been playing!

More info about the patch please!!!!!

They are fixing a problem with the upcoming Weekend Trial Free Pass, BW stated it in the german forum.

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=360343

OK, this is the last time i will be nice. Next time, I will vote with my wallet. I like this game, it's great, but third time in row, always in maintime (and only time I have for playing) is too much.

I don't like paying for service I'm unable to use :/

Edited by Sireene
Inappropriate Content

Ok anyone that thinks BW arn't reading these posts I can prove they are, my signature that had a joke Credit selling website link spam thing in it has just been changed by an admin.

Based on that they do care enough to read this thread and see how many people are annoyed by the ill timing of this patch for us EUers maybe in the future we will get a better notice of server down time and possibly a better timing for it.

I should add if they are reading this PLEEEEEEEASE give me a single character transfer :D ill pay £20 for just a single one!!!

(for those curious the "fake joke credit website" was a link to nowhere except a "Webpage does not exist" screen)

Dear Euro-players, I have seen many, many posts about how America is getting special treatment because the servers are down while most Americans are at work while in Europe it's more prime hours. You ask why, you demand a response from the developers as to why YOUR day is being interrupted and I'm here to explain it to you as simply as I can so you'll stop making threads about how nerd-ragy you are.

The reason they did the emergency patch in the middle of the day when everyone was at work in America is because THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM WORKS IN AMERICA AND THEY ARE AT WORK.

Shocking I know that people don't want to drive to work in the middle of the night to put in an emergency patch but they didn't get the memo about you, personally, being the center of the universe. It's my day off and the patch is interrupting my fun too but I'm not throwing a fit about it. Get over your entitlement issues.

I'm heading out to see a movie and enjoy this nice spring day! Later all!

Truth is TRUTH...

Oh, anyone else picturing the german kid playing counterstrike smashing his keyboard when reading all the euro'rage?

I get why people are a little bit ticked. I'm finding my patience frequently taxed despite my general enjoyment of the game by this kind of ridiculous stuff...

The server downtime was very abrupt the communication was vague and misleading - check the forums - when in fact the info was on the launcher...

On top of that people who are courteous enough to submit bug reports get either outright ignored (ie: We have forwarded your issue to special team a.k.a. the wastebin) or will literally get conflicting responses (the stim vendor in Empire Security area for bonus series - one guy sent in game bug report and was told to post to the forum then on forum was told to submit in game.)

Then certain issues never seem to get fixed - example the above mentioned vendor (broken since the beta) and the crystal shipment daily on Ilum which seems to work for most of the day following a server maintenance but usually before the end of the day is broken and remains so until the following week. These are just a few recurrent issues.. not remotely all. That being said:

I get why people are frustrated.

With a massive economic recession going on - its kind of important to communicate effectively and make the customers feel valued or they will take their subscription elsewhere.

Edited by MandyKat

This page: http://www.swtor.com/community/index.php

That's where there should be an article now, at the top of the page, above the Dev Tracker Summary, where you inform your players why you have to shut the game down for two hours during European prime time.

That article should have been there just before you sent out the 15-minute warning on the servers to the players actively gaming.

It's obviously not as important as, say, curing cancer or stopping Aids in Africa, but for those of us who were hanging out with our gaming friends and perhaps doing a mission, it would at least salve our slight irritation at the effective loss of one gaming day of the 30 we fork over a monthly fee for if you were to post about these emergency shutdowns with the same zeal as you post about free weekend passes.

Most people are reasonable enough to understand the concept of a fix that cannot wait, but communication about it is crucial and having an established, easy to find and prominent place where more information can be found in good time for each incident is crucial if you want to try to convert these forums from "TORchan" to a more friendly place. Thank you.

has anyone ever thought that maybe the devs dont even have the full details and are waiting till they figure the problem out to divulge information? Why tell the community about a problem you dont have the fix to yet??? Better business to wait, solve the problem, and then tell everyone ooommmmmgggg we are like soooo sorry for ruining 2 hours of your day by not letting you play swtor. If it really is a boring/bad game then WHY THE HELL DOES IT CAUSE SO MUCH EMOTION INSIDE YOURSELF!?

Do you actually read what you write?

Why wouldn't they know why they are taking the game offline for maintenance? To tinker with something and play around with some code?

Dear Euro-players, I have seen many, many posts about how America is getting special treatment because the servers are down while most Americans are at work while in Europe it's more prime hours. You ask why, you demand a response from the developers as to why YOUR day is being interrupted and I'm here to explain it to you as simply as I can so you'll stop making threads about how nerd-ragy you are.

The reason they did the emergency patch in the middle of the day when everyone was at work in America is because THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM WORKS IN AMERICA AND THEY ARE AT WORK.

Shocking I know that people don't want to drive to work in the middle of the night to put in an emergency patch but they didn't get the memo about you, personally, being the center of the universe. It's my day off and the patch is interrupting my fun too but I'm not throwing a fit about it. Get over your entitlement issues.

I'm heading out to see a movie and enjoy this nice spring day! Later all!

THIS^^ It's really not that difficult to understand...