New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

I think it's funny how many EU players are taking this personally. You do realize that half of the world is awake and inconvenienced by this as well? Calm down, take 2 hours to reflect on your anger, and you'll be playing soon enough.

It's not just a matter of being awake. It's that it's prime time now in Europe. just hope they fix the launcher at last, so that me and many others can play at last.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at night during the hours of 4pm CST - 1am CST, and so my times to play are before work and then after work.

Server maintenence is 2am CST, and the servers have gone down twice during the week during my time to play before work (1pm CST atm).

I know everyone has different schedules, but this constant down time during my only times to play is annoying.

It seems this hurts EU players as well due to their schedule of availability.

Please consider this as well as the posts on this thread when looking at times to drop the servers.

Thanks.

Yeah, there's a lot of immature QQ, especially when they deploy patches mid-day... but have you guys even played other MMOs? I've played quite a few, and I can tell you that SWTOR has way more downtime than any other one I've played. So I can understand the frustration.

You must not of played WoW when they released it. Downtimes were weekly, sometimes daily. Some of the downtimes last upwards of 24 hours. So far as I have seen, in the month 1/2 I have been playing, these guys are doing alot better job.

I find the odd patch time annoying. But more annoying is the lack of in game notice. First I heard of it was server down in 15 minutes. Well that screwed that FP we'd just started 25 minutes ago. How about posting a notice an hour ahead of time rather than 15 minutes.

Would be nice to foresee which thread they are going to close so all of our complaints can be funneled into one thread. I always seem to be posting in the one that gets closed.

I was already in one that was closed. This is 'the' thread.

Ohnoes the North American company cares about players in North America. That and I am sure there is more staff during normal business hours.

I believe Europe needs to drink a glass of deal with it.

Edited by Exploited

seriously, servers goes down on primetime, 30 min before me and my guild would start a raid and will be down for 2 h, enough time to clear one ops, wake up bioware, split the serverzones so noone have their servers taken down during primetime

*Unexpected Downtime Timeline* - Forum Edition.

1) Why are you stealing from us? (You don't pay per minute, you pay flat rate)

2) WoW (Or any other game) never did this! (Except when they did)

3) Thank god GW2 (Or any other game) is coming. (Threats are fun!)

4) They'd never do this to Americans! (Even though they do it all the time)

5) You're all whiners! (No, customers who want more than 15 minutes notice)

6) I just unsubbed (See you at Launch!)

So....i still haven't seen jack about why they are taking the servers down...

I know its for a patch..but what critical bug fix are they doing that they couldnt have waited...

Edited by KantaUO

you have to remember something..

the us players will whine if it is during us peak time.. eu players will whine if its during their peak time.. but the company is based in the USA, so everything is done according to the clocks on their walls.

no matter what they do or when they do it, SOMEBODY will be mad.

Such things should be staged to the local night time and handled by support teams (that work for 24H) and a small set of developers that can stay for late night and then sleep half the next day. That's what we have done on our smaller MMO project.

You can hate on the SWTOR all you want but the real truth is easy to see....

Your like a bunch of crack fiends that are jonsing hard!!!

"ZOMG teh game is down for 2 hours! WHY GOD(Bioware) WHY!?! Tell me why you had to take my drug from me for a WHOLE 2 HOURS!!"

If you EU players that are crying had half a brain its not about screwing anybody. Its a NA based company therefore the staff is currently at work . If there is a issue with this patch there will be staff available to handle the issue.

Why Blizzard can do different maintenances for different regions and Bioware cannot? We pay the same 15$ here and there, so why exactly?

So much rage....

I feel for the EU players, but if this is sending you off the rails I can only imagine the post 1.2 patch fixes will send players into convulsions. I think their patching now so as to not piss of the Asia Pacific Area because lets be honest, that is the place where SWTOR isn't doing as well. "An MMO without bright colors and skimpy clothing for all females. HERESY!!!"

This whole idea of "maintenance times must be synchronised for all servers", when there is no known inter-server functionnality (except likely the authentication) is pure crap.

Even if there were hidden ones, or new ones in the future, it should still be quite easy (others do that) to separate european, US and asian servers into differents pools, with different maintenance times.

This is purely a cost matter: different maintenance times would require to keep an overall bigger maintenance team. Thus choosing their current policy, actually is a big insult to all their european suscribers, who pay, at least, the same fee, but receive second class service...

I would not even mention in-game support...

Edited by Celorilm