1.2 Legacy Unlock: Still no Force Lightning.

LordExozone

So I just completed reading the Hands-on here: http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-old-republic-legacy-system-handson/

To summarize, the legacy abilities you unlock are:

Flamethrower (Bounty Hunter), Lightning Storm (Sith Inquisitor), Force Choke (Sith Warrior), Orbital Strike (Imperial Agent). For Republic classes: Project (Jedi Consular), Force Sweep (Jedi Knight), Sticky Grenade (Republic Trooper), Dirty Kick (Smuggler)

I was really hoping that 1.2 would finally allow my Sith Warrior to finally be able to use Force Lightning like Darth Malgus does in the cinematic, albeit through the long cooldown legacy ability. But apparently Force Storm is more iconic than Force Lightning? Pretty disappointing.:(

Flamethrower (Bounty Hunter), Lightning Storm (Sith Inquisitor), Force Choke (Sith Warrior), Orbital Strike (Imperial Agent). For Republic classes: Project (Jedi Consular), Force Sweep (Jedi Knight), Sticky Grenade (Republic Trooper), Dirty Kick (Smuggler)

(

I'm pretty sure they are not using iconic moves when they have the dirty kick, which is a stun and pretty pointless for a 20 min cd as the smuggler legacy skill.

I can't stress enough how downright dumb it is to give another CC to every class and on top of that making it a channel vs non channel situation. Most, if not all, classes will end up overpowered with another stun.

Giving out a CC is overpowered and not needed. Stupid idea. Even with the cool down on the legacy skills.

Can you use these during pvp at all?

Apparently someone hasn't done enough homework.

You can only use legacy unlocked skills during your "Heroic Moment". (every 20 minutes at max). Since you can only use your Heroic Moment with a companion out this means ....

YUP you guessed it; it doesn't affect PvP warzones. Nor can this be used in operations either.

You mean your class will be "Overpowered" for PvE? Who cares...it's small-group PvE. It's not like the NPC's are going to come whining on the forums like you have going "OMG, it's so unfair....Sith Warriors are so OP. They now have force storm and force choke! They kill me and my buddies in like 2 seconds! NERF TEH WARRIORS. BUFF NPCS!"

Honestly, the whole Legacy system are just added gimmicks and "quality of life" improvements to make your life easier regarding certain aspects.

In terms of the Legacy ability unlocks, you could have all four abilities you listed at your disposition if you were to unlock all the classes and devs have hinted that you could start soloing Flashpoints... I'm not sure about HM ones (maybe) but Normal FPs will be soloable with these new Heroic moments but without an Achievement system or at least some title rewards, what's the point?

Honestly, the whole Legacy system are just added gimmicks and "quality of life" improvements to make your life easier regarding certain aspects.

In terms of the Legacy ability unlocks, you could have all four abilities you listed at your disposition if you were to unlock all the classes and devs have hinted that you could start soloing Flashpoints... I'm not sure about HM ones (maybe) but Normal FPs will be soloable with these new Heroic moments but without an Achievement system or at least some title rewards, what's the point?

easy affection, ls/ds points, and some of the better looking armor, especially for companions. i just got jaesa and trying to find a decent looking leg armor for her is impossible.

Not that there really is any, but I would wager you could use these epic skills in world pvp if you have your companion out. So, if they dont share a cooldown, they could potentially turn the tide in a fight vs someone without all of them.

Considering Lightning Storm is a Sorc specific ability I highly doubt that it will unlock from my assassin... likely a typo. I'm sure we will be screaming UN-LIMITED POWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in no time. :)

Since the 'heroic moment' button is an 'I win' button anyway in any PVE encounter, WTH good is a legacy power then?

I was kind of hoping for a permacloak for a mara or sniper, like my assassin.

Well then you were hoping for something that would be a nightmare for class balance -- will NEVER happen. The idea is to add features that are fun and interesting without throwing off class balance, hence the Heroic Moment limitation. Marauders and Snipers aren't stealth classes, so no reason for them to have it -- would just make so many problems I'm not even going to start listing them all.

Well then you were hoping for something that would be a nightmare for class balance -- will NEVER happen. The idea is to add features that are fun and interesting without throwing off class balance, hence the Heroic Moment limitation. Marauders and Snipers aren't stealth classes, so no reason for them to have it -- would just make so many problems I'm not even going to start listing them all.

Not if everyone has access to them.

Now its worse, just more useless stuff.

So... everyone would be a stealth class? Every class getting the same thing does not make them equal, as certain classes would benefit more from such things than others.

Better than useless, but I get your point.

Like most MMO's they get you hooked waiting for a patch and then all the patch does is give you something for RP purposes and really adds nothing to the game. For me, the 'heroic moment' button is something used as a safety net every now and then when grinding and get to the final boss, but frankly, I hardly ever use it anymore. In a raid you don't have your companion out, and neither in PVP.

It's probably one of my least used buttons, and when you do use it, its maybe to hear some music or something. It's really just an easy mode button for people who can't learn their class or if you are badly underlevelled or geared for a final boss or other epic encounter.

I was really hoping for some interesting crafting recipe unlocks or other interesting things from the Legacy system.

Now I see it as just another RP thing for the carebear crowd. How disappointing. I'm hoping maybe the article did not cover everything completely.

Better than useless, but I get your point.

Like most MMO's they get you hooked waiting for a patch and then all the patch does is give you something for RP purposes and really adds nothing to the game. For me, the 'heroic moment' button is something used as a safety net every now and then when grinding and get to the final boss, but frankly, I hardly ever use it anymore. In a raid you don't have your companion out, and neither in PVP.

It's probably one of my least used buttons, and when you do use it, its maybe to hear some music or something. It's really just an easy mode button for people who can't learn their class or if you are badly underlevelled or geared for a final boss or other epic encounter.

I was really hoping for some interesting crafting recipe unlocks or other interesting things from the Legacy system.

Now I see it as just another RP thing for the carebear crowd. How disappointing. I'm hoping maybe the article did not cover everything completely.

Well y'know it's just one small part of the whole Legacy system they are finally adding in with the patch. Quite a few unlocks they've shown so far, such as the different species and additional features for ships, etc.

So I just completed reading the Hands-on here: http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-old-republic-legacy-system-handson/

To summarize, the legacy abilities you unlock are:

I was really hoping that 1.2 would finally allow my Sith Warrior to finally be able to use Force Lightning like Darth Malgus does in the cinematic, albeit through the long cooldown legacy ability. But apparently Force Storm is more iconic than Force Lightning? Pretty disappointing.:(

Agree 100% force storm? Really?

It's apparent to me you all play Impire since you're unaware of the real issue.

LIGHTNING STORM > Project

FORCE CHOKE > Force Sweep

ORBITAL STRIKE > Dirty kick...

FLAME THROWER > Sticky grenade.

lol@Bioware making an mmo.

They're surviving because of the Star Wars title.

Edited by XSGamer

It's apparent to me you all play Impire since you're unaware of the real issue.

LIGHTNING STORM > Project

FORCE CHOKE > Force Sweep

ORBITAL STRIKE > Dirty kick...

FLAME THROWER > Sticky grenade.

lol@Bioware making an mmo.

They're surviving because of the Star Wars title.

No we clearly confused the fact that dirty kick isn't shot from orbit three times and hits NPCS in theri faces with a rain of boots.

herp de herp de diddly herpie derp

Hows this for a scenario where legacy skills comes in handy, lets assume you have a lv50 smuggler and you are leveling whatever alt class you feel like in the Dune Sea on Tatooine. Some member of the opposing faction comes out of nowhere and starts fighting you. Its a close fight because you are of similar level and to turn the tides of the battle in your favor you kick them in the nuts(Dirty Trick) for a free stun and you kill them. You just got saved because of your lv50 smuggler.

World pvp seems like the best place for these new skills, but it'll also help vs NPCs

Quit complaining just because you want to be overpowered