1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

I'm having trouble understanding how the deadline for 1.2 could have affected your decision to buy a 3 month subscription.

I wasn't aware that any announcment about 1.2 had been made (including its potential content) before the Guild Summit which was early March.

It is a Childs threat... they think their 1 out of 1,700,000 and increasing subscriptions are going to scare someone.

No date announcements have been made, they have said they hope for April, and I take that at its word, not a promise, not a date, but a hope which could easily change.

But watch, it will be called a “promise” before the week is out

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble understanding how the deadline for 1.2 could have affected your decision to buy a 3 month subscription.

I wasn't aware that any announcment about 1.2 had been made (including its potential content) before the Guild Summit which was early March.

Because we were told stuff like a new UI would be comming in 1.1 and then 1.2, so after my initial free month was over, with all hints pointing to March as 1.2 I bought the 3 month sub.

Had fun, but I've gotten to the point where I am having to fight the UI to get any 'better' at the game, so yeah lack of 1.2 is preventing further subbing. 1.2 before my sub ends, they get more money from me. 1.2 After my sub ends? Yeah I'll see you when you come out with an expansion pack.

Alright I'm sick and tired of trolls ************ and whining in general chat and on the forums. Can u state your opinion about not liking a part of the game like the UI to BW so they will fix it? Sure. But whining every 5m about all of the aspects of the game and declaring to EVERYONE how you are "like totally like gonna unsub" is annoying as all hell... If you like the game stay... If you have a problem with an aspect of the game and don't wanna pay the small amount of money to play this game then respectfully leave until it is fixed. If you don't like the game the leave rather than ranting about it because games come down to ONE thing: if you are having fun, keep playing. If you are not, find something else and don't ruin it for others. I played WoW since it's first expansion and the game was ruined because whiny players complained and moaned til blizzard altered the game so much it became trivial to do anything..... I got the best pvp gear in 2 weeks and outfitted in raid gear in 3.

Bottom line... People want SWTOR to be the game it will be 1 maybe 2 years from now... But it's not. If you wanna wait, wait. If not, politely unsub. I'm not being rude but it is dumb for you to waste your money on something you do not like, and inconsiderate to defame a game, ruining it and making it easier for those who do like it.

I was excited for 1.2 until I've realized it provides maybe two weeks of extra gameplay at the most. Here is why:

• The new FP will be downed in under 2 hours.
  • The new Operations will be downed (most likely) in under 4 hours during the first weekend release.
  • With the 1.1.5 Valor increase, I hit BM without any difficulty whatsoever and maximized the BM gear that I could get -- really says something that I am farming for Champion tokens to use the Enhancements in those since the Enhancements in most BM/Rakata gear is worse than the ones found in Champion/Columi gear (that terrible itemization right there just demonstrates how clueless the developers are: "We don't have a /readycheck system?! Whoa, I wasn't aware of that!" - BW dev during the Guild Summit).
  • I just don't do any kind of solo-PvE but for the dailies therefore making Legacy a completely useless system.
  • I'm Legacy Level 29. Most of the items will be unlocked for me and the only ones I'm looking forward to are the training dummies.
  • Re-itemizing won't take that long as the hardest parts to come by will be Armoring pieces -- which I have been buying like a madman over the last few days.
  • The only element which provides any modicum of progression would be the Rated WZs and given that I'm already signed up for a daily 8-man pre-made, that'll probably get farmed in about 3 weeks.

I hate even bringing this up but with Guild Wars 2 just 2 weeks away from release and, most importantly, Diablo 3 about 1.5 months away from release, BW simply did not provide enough for any serious gamer to keep playing their game.

Too little, too late.

Edited by lollermittens

Bottom line... People want SWTOR to be the game it will be 1 maybe 2 years from now... But it's not. If you wanna wait, wait. If not, politely unsub. I'm not being rude but it is dumb for you to waste your money on something you do not like, and inconsiderate to defame a game, ruining it and making it easier for those who do like it.

Incorrect.

Some people, like me for example, just want SWTOR to be a like a game released in 2012 and not wait for them to play catch up. Raids and balance will come in time, but a UI that doesn't hinder the player should of been in at launch.

Hell you can't even use the LFG system because trying to write your role, and what you want to do, will send text off of the bar, making it unreadable.

And you are entitled to your decision to bring up those points. Swtor did have a rough start, and should have included ALOT of things at launch. But when wow was released it had like what? A couple raids (ops), 2 battlegrounds (warzones), and lacked a true lfg system til wrath. Guild wars 2 has the potential to be good, but so does swtor. If you are not having fun, then by all means have a fun time playing guildwars 2 ( I rly mean that no sarcasm). But I believe the games will coexist just fine and swtor will live on. It's launch was pretty smooth for a new mmo.

And you are entitled to your decision to bring up those points. Swtor did have a rough start, and should have included ALOT of things at launch. But when wow was released it had like what? A couple raids (ops), 2 battlegrounds (warzones), and lacked a true lfg system til wrath. Guild wars 2 has the potential to be good, but so does swtor. If you are not having fun, then by all means have a fun time playing guildwars 2 ( I rly mean that no sarcasm). But I believe the games will coexist just fine and swtor will live on. It's launch was pretty smooth for a new mmo.

What the heck do you want!?!?

Mature and patient players?!?!

You are asking for the moon!!!!

( I agree by the way, I have been through dozens of launches, this one went very well )

That is something I don't think you get.

This game wasn't designed in a vacume, the dev's presumbly weren't locked up deep in a cave and not allowed to see the real world, things like customisable UI's have become industry standard since WoW launched.

They should have the basics in at launch, other stuff 'content' can and will come in time.

To bring up the overused car analogy.

If you started up a new Car company, would you make a car without ABS, without airbags, without seat belts, because the original cars didn't have them? Or would you have a car that had all those, but didn't have many colours (raids) until you'd been making them awhile?

I was excited for 1.2 until I've realized it provides maybe two weeks of extra gameplay at the most.

If you view the game as a series of tasks that must be "downed", then maybe your lack of enjoyment is more related towards your attitude towards gaming rather than the game itself? Just a thought.

In the end, SWTOR is a game it's not RL it brings as much entertainment as a movie or a tv show or a sock to a cat.... Entertainment is meant for your enjoyment. It's a game it's not RL it's soley for fun. I'll admit, I used to be hardcore, and raided all the time, not in the best wow guild but in a decent one. But once I actually went for the fun, I enjoyed it more. It's just a game, I understand people play mmo's as a lifestyle or even professionally and are sponsored, thus would not only expect but DEMAND the game be up to date in 2012, but I guess I just lost my "hardcore" mindset..... IMO the one thing swtor needs is like what you said... Harder ops that may not even be cleared at all, and maybe only a few guilds will clear. I feel like gamers of this generation have lost the sense of "accomplishment" and trying to do something against unspeakable odds, and instead of grinding and fighting for gear they just want s*** within a week or they unsub.

If you view the game as a series of tasks that must be "downed", then maybe your lack of enjoyment is more related towards your attitude towards gaming rather than the game itself? Just a thought.

Personally I want to make a Chiss trooper and a what-cha-mah-call-em the blind Jedi type, one of those as a sith inquisitor.

There's a number of features that should be in any MMO nowadays that wasn't. What are you going to do. Unsub if it offends you so much. We are getting a bunch of those features in 1.2. Hopefully, they will be quick with the next patch and LFG tool and dual spec too.

Then, please, enlighten me as to how I'm supposed to enjoy said-MMO because currently, I have two characters for which gear progression has halted since they both have full Rakata/BM; I have completed all FP's; all OPs (not on NM since there's currently no point); I complete my dailies on a daily basis; gotten all my crafting on both characters to Level 400. The list goes on. The point I'm trying to make is that progression has literally halted for both of my characters. I maybe need one or two extra enhancements which only drop from HM OPs... that's maybe the only items that I have left to gather. I refuse to make a third character since already managing two level 50 characters with a game that's less than 4 months old is completely absurd.

This kind of statement just doesn't hold: "You need to review your own attitude towards games." It's pretty easy: if I catch the carrot on the end of that stick that's supposed to keep me playing, what do I have left to do? I can only run so many WZs a night before I get bored.

Then, please, enlighten me as to how I'm supposed to enjoy said-MMO because currently, I have two characters for which gear progression has halted since they both have full Rakata/BM; I have completed all FP's; all OPs (not on NM since there's currently no point); I complete my dailies on a daily basis; gotten all my crafting on both characters to Level 400. The list goes on. The point I'm trying to make is that progression has literally halted for both of my characters. I maybe need one or two extra enhancements which only drop from HM OPs... that's maybe the only items that I have left to gather. I refuse to make a third character since already managing two level 50 characters with a game that's less than 4 months old is completely absurd.

This kind of statement just doesn't hold: "You need to review your own attitude towards games." It's pretty easy: if I catch the carrot on the end of that stick that's supposed to keep me playing, what do I have left to do? I can only run so many WZs a night before I get bored.

I really don't know if there is any MMO out there that has enough hardmode raids for you. Do you clear the hardmode raids in WoW just as easily?

Edited by ConradLionhart

So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before

I pay my landlord for rent. Recently he told me he was going to replace my hot water heater with a high efficiency model and fix the small hole in the wall that the previous tennants left.

I feel I have a right to know when those upgrades, or patches to my living space if you will, are coming.

That's no different from wanting to know when a patch to a video game is coming.

Well 1st they put them out way to soon and sad you just can't ask. And lol this is a GAME not a car and Dayln you remind me of my Grandma (bless her, gone home) she would always look out the window and just HAVE to know what that other person was doing. Just relax you cant control others. They pay just like you and sorry but they are talking about the GAME..so close the window and relax....oh its just TEXTED.. smile

I really don't know if there is any MMO out there that has enough hardmode raids for you. Do you clear the hardmode raids in WoW just as easily?

Hard Mode is currently a misnomer: there is nothing hard at all regarding any of the Operations and their related bosses; most of the trash pulls are actually harder than the bosses themselves. That's why SW:TOR probably stands as one of the only modern MMOs to have a 38% participation rate into Operations: the barrier to entry has been removed. This is good and also bad. Double-edged sword pretty much.

I don't argue that's a bad thing. I hate nothing more than raiding for 4 weeks in a row and end up getting maybe one piece of gear.

However, in two weeks, I got full Rakata (that's 4 different OPs). Each boss is the equivalent of a pinata: they drop so much loot, you will get geared in about 3 weeks at the most.

Me neither, the ambiguity of the release window is frustrating

Well, let's see..... play testing by people on the PTS coupled with reported bugs and balance issues resulting in changes prior to launch is a pretty realistic paradigm for MMOs. It would be foolish for Bioware to put a firm date stake in the ground and then force fit to it. Hence, they are only giving broad general feedback on release date. This is pretty much the way all MMOs do their patches.

Some people will demand it be rushed to release. Others will demand that more testing be done before release. Both groups will rant and gnash teeth after release regardless, and the game haters will pile on for no other reason then to hate on the game.