Tracer Missile....

Kasukua

Easy for a bounty huntard tracer spammer to say.

Try healing for a change and tell me how easy it is to watch your surroundings.

And I don't mean a quick medscan when your tracer missle is interrupted and you're trying to live while it comes off cooldown...

A good Merc or Sorc healer is near impossible to kill without multiple people.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good Merc or Sorc healer is near impossible to kill without multiple people.

That's 'cause your easymode spec doesn't have an interrupt. My sorc healer dies to anyone that has a pulse and/or the ability to chain a knockback, interrupt, and a stun together.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

If you let the merc stand on a ledge and just fire away, then of course you're going to burn. Think about your play-style is all I can say...:rolleyes:

what he said, thing is most people don't understand that you shouldn't allow them to free cast, the repetitive sound alone of a grav round tracer missile or lightning alerts me to my next kill :D.

On a side note people forget that high ground rules in warfare, yes in both real warfare and in videogames he who controls the high ground usually wins.

^ This....

Every major damaging ability is linked to tracer missile/ Grav round. Without it.. those other abilites hit for next to nothing.

No other class is so crippled by interrupt.

If you are complaining about tracer missile and you have an interrupt.. you are doing it wrong.

well.... only the dumb ones are crippled with interupts, people wih brains do just fine

That's 'cause your easymode spec doesn't have an interrupt. My sorc healer dies to anyone that has a pulse and/or the ability to chain a knockback, interrupt, and a stun together.

I can see a maurd owning you IF you try to straight up fight him... A good sorc will bubble and sprint.. toss in a knock back (With root that isn't goverend by resolve) before you to that and You have a huge gap.... guess what? you escaped.

Also you might want to try another heal is the first is interrupted. Because interrupts only lock one ability for some reason.

OR

Just heal through his damage, knock him back, root him, slow him, spam bubble until your allies kill him.

It's possible. If you 're not a hybrid Sorc.. you are missing out.

NOW flip the script and put a Merc in there with that marauder. Unless it's rampball .. that Merc is toast.

What people fail to realize is that tracer spammers can potentially be made extremely vulnerable. On my lev 25 operative, if i get the jump on a merc, i can easily deplete half his health through some burst dps before i lose an 1/8th of my health. if he responds with tracer spam i can easily shut him down with all of my various interrupts (including cc's) and throw a quick shield up in case he DOES start stacking. and as soon as that stack is up i can use a quick toxin scan to wipe the armor penetration and then finish him off.

(and i also have a 47 merc, so ive played on both sides of the fence. both have their challenges and a nerf is not necessary. people really just need to learn how to use their abilities)

Edited by DarthPunitor

well.... only the dumb ones are crippled with interupts, people wih brains do just fine

Lol.. so what to you do vs an OP or Marauder? and I don't mean those ones that stand there and let you spam tracer on them.. equally geared, equally skilled.

Knockback, unload.. try healing? They have several interrupt methiods.

If you are telling that that you beat them solo I want to see the vid.

No...tracer missile is your main skill. It's meant to be spammed if you're playing the arsenal spec, period. The cast time is reduced by alacrity...in addition to having acquired your gear set, which gives you an additional 15% chance to crit with tracer missile. With each cast of TM, you gain:

- Energy Barrier 1 charge

- If you crit, vents 8 heat. (cant occur more than once every 3 seconds)

- 30% chance (if you max out the talent) to reset the cooldown of unload and increse the dmg of unload by 25%. (cant occur more than once every 6 seconds)

- Of course, firing one tracer missile stacks 2 heat signatures...which are used for your heatseeker missile and rail shot.

You should read up on the abilities and talents carefully....:D

As for the whining in this thread, merc's are countered by several different classes. If you let the merc stand on a ledge and just fire away, then of course you're going to burn. Think about your play-style is all I can say...:rolleyes:

this ^^^ my rotation is 3 tracers-heatseeker-rail-unload-power shot and then another tracer just to keep the armor penetration up. spamming just tracers is stupid and not using tracers at all is stupid

I can see a maurd owning you IF you try to straight up fight him... A good sorc will bubble and sprint.. toss in a knock back (With root that isn't goverend by resolve) before you to that and You have a huge gap.... guess what? you escaped.

Also you might want to try another heal is the first is interrupted. Because interrupts only lock one ability for some reason.

OR

Just heal through his damage, knock him back, root him, slow him, spam bubble until your allies kill him.

NOW flip the script and put a Merc in there with that marauder. Unless it's rampball .. that Merc is toast.

Except that a sorceror with 21 points into the healing tree cannot get a root on knockback. Which means that you knockback the marauder, and he just charges right back to you.

Secondly, you can't heal through a melee character beating on you as a sorceror. At least a good one.

Third, hybrid heals means I don't get the AoE heal that my premade knows how to utilize to the max.

Except that a sorceror with 21 points into the healing tree cannot get a root on knockback. Which means that you knockback the marauder, and he just charges right back to you.

Secondly, you can't heal through a melee character beating on you as a sorceror. At least a good one.

Third, hybrid heals means I don't get the AoE heal that my premade knows how to utilize to the max.

Marauders are my second least-favorite class to fight as a Sorc, honestly. My least favorite is any flavor of Agent.

Tracer missile spammers are annoying, but fairly easy to shut down.

OR

1st heal interupt, second heal stun, bubble force speed..grapple next heal interupt...you get the idea most sorcs are easy kills cause the class has been so hyped most people roll one and think they will own everyone, when the truth of the matter is just about 10-15% of all sorcs are good competitive players (the ones that made the class so famous)

you can sense a good sorc in the middle of the fight.

1st heal interupt, second heal stun, bubble force speed..grapple next heal interupt...you get the idea most sorcs are easy kills cause the class has been so hyped most people roll one and think they will own everyone, when the truth of the matter is just about 10-15% of all sorcs are good competitive players (the ones that made the class so famous)

you can sense a good sorc in the middle of the fight.

Marauders have grapple?

Damn... I musta missed some patch notes. :p

I'm not saying they are unbeatable, just that they have great survivability if played correctly.

^ This....

Every major damaging ability is linked to tracer missile/ Grav round. Without it.. those other abilites hit for next to nothing.

No other class is so crippled by interrupt.

If you are complaining about tracer missile and you have an interrupt.. you are doing it wrong.

There is the Rage juggernaut class, that is crippled without the need of interrupt....U just need to miss smash...And with all these push and pulls, it happens all the time >.<

I didn't think I needed to spoon feed anyone.....

this is the pvp forum almost everyone knows what class has what at least the decent players do.

We were talking about sorcs.. he brought up the worst case scenario for him, Marauders.

You changed the topic.. trying to interject some point that was off topic.

It's hard to tell tone in text, just my attempt to add levity seems to have failed.

they will cry when the nerfs come down. the way pvp is right now, the argument of L2P against tracer missile spam is useless, since rarely will there be 1v1 fights

An assassin complaining about a tracer spammer..? Want to know how I know you're terrible?

If you're an assassin and are unable to easily lock down a tracer spammer, it's time to reroll.

Edited by Dovahbrah

As A Healer.. especially a scoundrel healer, I find myself knowing exactly what is happening at all times in my immediate battlefield surroundings. I don't need health bars to show me who is taking damage, I usually know before they are getting attack. The health bar only helps me see who I can't heal because they are to far away, or I can't see them. I easily see and know where BHs are because I try to stay as close as possible to them, because I know how easily tracer spam can out damage my heals. Keeping a BH interupted helps me to heal less.