Will BW address the obvious force user advantages?

Redat

Bounty hunters don't have any disadvantages against force users. It's a solid class. Snipers are pretty good too. Operatives need help.

Not exactly, snipers/gunslingers can take them out though they did say at the summit that they'd be reducing sent/mara power because it's too good in good players' hands.

Good. They ARE too good. They have too much DPS for the amount of mobility and utility they bring to a fight. Other classes need to choose whereas this one just gets it all, making them EVERYONE's hard-counter.

Edited by Caelrie

I'm not talking about Tanks. The mDPS lack mobility unless they give up all of their DPS unlike other classes. Sorcs are not killing PTs because they are a "tank killer" its the lack of a gap closer. A Tanksin is literally a soft counter to Sorcs because of their force speed and cloak.

Tank spec PT's have 2 gap closers, how many do you need rofl

You also have far more ranged sources of damage than Sentinels. Pyrotechs also put out comparable damage to sentinels why also being more durable.

Force bias? Please.

The ONLY AC that can complain in this game is operatives. Everything else is completely solid and works well. MAYBE Snipers too.

Edited by KhealThar

Spam tracer missile like every other BH out there.

Ive been crit for almost 7K by an agent that is not weak lol.

I really think you just need to play more and learn about other classes, how they play and stuff.

I really think you just need to play more and learn about other classes, how they play and stuff.

I'm not talking about Tanks

Tank spec PT's

Read. The. Post. Before. You. Respond.

These discussion forums are absolutely ruined by people pre-forming opinions and then ignoring what anyone else in the thread has to say. As a Tanksin main, I have to say, there is ABSOLUTELY a force-bias in SWTOR, both in terms of "cool factor" and in terms of actual move sets.

Operatives lack mobility and get told "stealth makes up for it" - ignoring completely that Lethality isn't based on out-of-stealth openers and PVE doesn't allow for stealth. Snipers get mechanically pidgeon-holed, making them one of the most awkward classes to play well in both PVP and PVE.

Mercs are solid healers, as DPS they get great AoE, so of course they are being nerfed into the ground in 1.2 (already announced, not denied at all, simply stated that they aren't the only class being singled out). PTs lack mobility unless they spec into their Tank tree, which means the pure DPS variant winds up being *bad*, awkward, and moreso that their "tricks and cool stuff tree" is basically unplayable.

But that's not being fixed while the Jugg's weakness are? I'm not saying that Bioware is sitting down going "don't have a lightsaber? Screw you"... but it should be fairly obvious why *so many of the players are going Sorcerer*. It's not just the Lightning, it's the fact you have 3 viable trees, a complete move set, gap closers, stuns, AoE, single-target, heals, shields, etc... and while other classes have these to a degree (BHs have a "shield" kind of) it's not quite to the same degree, and certainly not as "finished" feeling.

It'll get there, but at the moment if someone wanted to argue that Force users are favored, I'd be hard pressed to argue against them. Compare OP, Sniper, PT and Merc to Sin, Sorc, Jugg and Mara... and I think the last 4 are far stronger, on the whole, than the first 4.

Best - Mara, Sorc, Sin

Good - Merc, PT

Okay - Jugg, Sniper

Bad - OPs

So when the 3 best classes in the game are Force users, it's hard to ignore that they're slightly favored.

Edited by subrosian

Smart use of interrupts, smart use of CC, and practise practise practise.

Wait 4 second interupt with 12 seconds CD.

As Sniper, the weakest and least played class in game, I just get ***** by anyone I get focused by unless I get help, despite my BM Gear.

Its fun interupting Grav Round, they tank you for 4 seconds then follow up but killing you in 3 Grav rounds whiley ou spamming everuything

Force run provides a big advantage, as does stealth and in general I feel force users have a lot more options.

The only setup I have seen so far where I consider force users to have a huge 1v1 advantage is the shadow/sin tank build. The significant damage reduction and immunity to dots, interrupts and CC while being able to output significant damage is I think overpowered.

Saber Ward counters Marksman to oblivoin.

Sure if you keep firing snipes and ambushes during it. Course you could cc them with a flash grenade and negate that 3m cooldown defense entirely.

It's not an easy fight but it's certainly winnable.

Since playing SWG I have not felt the need to roll a force user (kinda killed it for me), my question is this....WILL BW address the obvious imbalance and survivabilty of non force users when up against an obviously OP group of classes? I really do not want to play a FOTM toon, I prefer the ranged rifle/pistol classes yet they are gimped in comparison (why do you think the pvp matches ARE 90% FORCE USER?

For example it comes to something when a lvl 43 powertech BH fully geared (as much as can be at 43) goes up against a jedi and the force user goes through me like a dose of the squits (lvl 23 jedi), I use decent rotation, dont stand towe to toe and try every trick i have to no avail...

One thing is for sure, I will not keep payimng my sub just to feed force users kills in pvp, hope it is addressed so we can have an even playing field.

Can I ask you this?:

Your opponents' level dictates you were in a Warzone. Without the benefit of a combat log, how are we supposed to take the word of someone getting beaten by someone else half their level, that you even know who did the actual damage at all?

Not trying to be a troll here, but I very rarely fight 1v1 in a Warzone...think on it a bit instead of blaming the most obvious suspect that happens to jump right in your face (melee toon).

I know what your doing wrong your playing like a pve tank.

I have a Vanguard Alt. Alot easier in pvp than my mains guard & jugg (Sometimes i feel like a sith sometimes i dont).

Armor works in pvp.... Shields and defense dont. Which BH/Van get the most in buffs. But dont think the other tanks are op.... cause you get range and an interupt on the shortest cooldown and you can spec to lower the time. Plus you get alot more AoE and more Burst dmg. We get more CC(Melee ranged) and sustained damage.

And the easy mode of a Merc compared to a inq.

I have to say Tech users have it easier than force users.

i would say not having a natural interrupt is a significant disadvantage.

FFS, BH is not a class. PT's have an interrupt every 8 secs, talented down to 6 (but most builds do not go for the CD reduction). Mercs do not.

This game has been out for how many months and still we have people using BH as a class? Just look at this thread, this very thread, and see that on several occasions people are talking about different advanced classes entirely.

And if you're not stomping almost everything as a PT then you're bad. The only classes I have trouble with are healers and the occasional Marauder. I wouldn't even have trouble with healers if I was full PT, but I'm CP (hybrid).

FFS, BH is not a class. PT's have an interrupt every 8 secs, talented down to 6 (but most builds do not go for the CD reduction). Mercs do not.

This game has been out for how many months and still we have people using BH as a class? Just look at this thread, this very thread, and see that on several occasions people are talking about different advanced classes entirely.

And if you're not stomping almost everything as a PT then you're bad. The only classes I have trouble with are healers and the occasional Marauder. I wouldn't even have trouble with healers if I was full PT, but I'm CP (hybrid).

Right... BH is not a class? Sorry but what game are you playing?

Bounty Hunter is just as much a class as Smuggler, Trooper, Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent, etc.

OF COURSE(!) the AC, the Advanced Class is where on actually needs to look at just as with the tree(s) as e.g. a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel Smuggler will be different from a Dirty Fighting Gunslinger Smuggler will be different from a Saboteur Gunslinger Smuggler etc.

But the class is still the base, the 'class'... so before you go all holy and mighty, please understand that there are Classes and Advanved Classes :p

As a Vanguard, I slaughter Marauders with 7/31/2. In fact, I beat most classes 1v1 handily. True, healers are a bit of a problem, but they don't do enough damage to be scary.

Honestly, the OP just needs to get to 50. Once you get your +25% tech crit CD and gear is more level, we really shine. Sure sorcs are stupid and assassins are really solid, but I think PT/VG beats just about everything out there.

Wow, this thread is filled with bad posts, players and misinformation. Really quite heart-breaking, to say the least. Seems almost every post is someone responding to someone else, countering them with a whole different class that the other person is even typing about. Just an example, but someone replying saying Marauders/Sentinels counter Bounty Hunters, then the person responds back that rock-throwing is their counter and the person who said Marauders/Sentinels counter them says they're are their counter...

-_-

Marauders/Sentinels don't throw rocks! Why is thread so very, very bad? Seems like multiple posters are bundling in all force users into one super class that has no weaknesses and every strong imaginable. Juggernaut/Gaurdian single-target dmg isn't brought up. Force users are said to have too much CC without excluding Marauders/Sentinels who have almost zero CC whatsoever. The list goes on and on really.

Read. The. Post. Before. You. Respond.

These discussion forums are absolutely ruined by people pre-forming opinions and then ignoring what anyone else in the thread has to say. As a Tanksin main, I have to say, there is ABSOLUTELY a force-bias in SWTOR, both in terms of "cool factor" and in terms of actual move sets.

Operatives lack mobility and get told "stealth makes up for it" - ignoring completely that Lethality isn't based on out-of-stealth openers and PVE doesn't allow for stealth. Snipers get mechanically pidgeon-holed, making them one of the most awkward classes to play well in both PVP and PVE.

Mercs are solid healers, as DPS they get great AoE, so of course they are being nerfed into the ground in 1.2 (already announced, not denied at all, simply stated that they aren't the only class being singled out). PTs lack mobility unless they spec into their Tank tree, which means the pure DPS variant winds up being *bad*, awkward, and moreso that their "tricks and cool stuff tree" is basically unplayable.

But that's not being fixed while the Jugg's weakness are? I'm not saying that Bioware is sitting down going "don't have a lightsaber? Screw you"... but it should be fairly obvious why *so many of the players are going Sorcerer*. It's not just the Lightning, it's the fact you have 3 viable trees, a complete move set, gap closers, stuns, AoE, single-target, heals, shields, etc... and while other classes have these to a degree (BHs have a "shield" kind of) it's not quite to the same degree, and certainly not as "finished" feeling.

It'll get there, but at the moment if someone wanted to argue that Force users are favored, I'd be hard pressed to argue against them. Compare OP, Sniper, PT and Merc to Sin, Sorc, Jugg and Mara... and I think the last 4 are far stronger, on the whole, than the first 4.

Best - Mara, Sorc, Sin

Good - Merc, PT

Okay - Jugg, Sniper

Bad - OPs

So when the 3 best classes in the game are Force users, it's hard to ignore that they're slightly favored.

You are really the last one to complain about "pre-formed opinions" mate... i mean what you call this? And on another note, first ppl comlained about OP rangers and now about OP force users??? Some ppl are just never satisfied. Of all the issues i can run into playing any game, nerfing and OP was never one of them. I see players here who just find a way around it, maybe they are the skilled ones? give it a rest guys really...

Since playing SWG I have not felt the need to roll a force user (kinda killed it for me), my question is this....WILL BW address the obvious imbalance and survivabilty of non force users when up against an obviously OP group of classes? I really do not want to play a FOTM toon, I prefer the ranged rifle/pistol classes yet they are gimped in comparison (why do you think the pvp matches ARE 90% FORCE USER?

For example it comes to something when a lvl 43 powertech BH fully geared (as much as can be at 43) goes up against a jedi and the force user goes through me like a dose of the squits (lvl 23 jedi), I use decent rotation, dont stand towe to toe and try every trick i have to no avail...

One thing is for sure, I will not keep payimng my sub just to feed force users kills in pvp, hope it is addressed so we can have an even playing field.

I agree with you, but then you mentioned that you wanted to cancel your sub.

please do so, we dont need you, if you think you have to make threats that are meant for people that will never read your post.

pffff in geek words lol lol lol qq Qq QQ.

In my server, fights are 75% with Mercenaries, little pyrotech, lots of sorcs... And you know why? Lots of guys need to roll they re head on keyboard!!!! It s not they re fault!!!! But when you have real players that play great pvp, all whine!!!!

Blah Blah...don't care! Go play!!! And have fun!!!

Id like to just say that boba fett and jango fett had problems with melee combat (see ROTJ Boba fett died from a gaffe stick in the jet pack) the point is this isn't like other mmo's sometimes running into trouble means you die... Running back to reinforcements or running.in to aoe near a point to keep them from calling then running back out are things that sometimes need to be done... you are powerful but not a god