1.2's splitting PvP / PvE gear will irreversibly DAMAGE the game.

Mirialol

The way I see it, if you put the time and effort into pve gear (to organize with a team) and someone else put the time and effort into pvp, why should pve'er not have the same gear to compete in pvp and pvp'er have the same gear to do pve? why cant they match each other?

the answer to your quest has been given many times already. even 4 times the very few posts above yours.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the answer to your quest has been given many times already. even 4 times the very few posts above yours.

I think he might have asked again because there aren't any good answers.

Though it really doesn't matter, BW made it the way it is and will continue to make matters worse as time goes on...

Your arguement is that people who solely PvE and sometimes want to PvP should just have their gear 'transform' into a viable PvP set upon entering a warzone. I asked you if this would apply to people who place priority on PvP and want to PvE on occasion, would they suddenly have a relevant set of PvE gear upon entering an operation with a set difficulty?

AGAIN, rated makes your point moot. I can't help if you're inept, sir. If you can't respond to your oringal statement, find someone else to 'troll'.

I think he did reply to you, both should coorilate with eachother, pvpers gear should be able to pve if they want to and viceversa. Whats your argument?

Your arguement is that people who solely PvE and sometimes want to PvP should just have their gear 'transform' into a viable PvP set upon entering a warzone. I asked you if this would apply to people who place priority on PvP and want to PvE on occasion, would they suddenly have a relevant set of PvE gear upon entering an operation with a set difficulty?

AGAIN, rated makes your point moot. I can't help if you're inept, sir. If you can't respond to your oringal statement, find someone else to 'troll'.

Obviously you suffer from reading comprehension so I'm done. I'm sure someone else can point out what you are missing. Clearly you need to grind more books.

I think he did reply to you, both should coorilate with eachother, pvpers gear should be able to pve if they want to and viceversa. Whats your argument?

I did reply, but not in the way you're suggesting. I don't expect to play battlefield soley multiplayer and expect all my unlocks and whatnot to transfer to single player. However I do expect going from single player to multiplayer, everyone is generally on the same playing field because they are different games, packaged together.

I feel the same should apply to swtor, but some people like being carried by gear. I don't really care, and ranked wz's will only be different if the gear is all equal, otherwise it will be a grindfest and you will take a certain amount of losses until you are on a level field, which to me isn't a fair ranking system.

Obviously you suffer from reading comprehension so I'm done. I'm sure someone else can point out what you are missing. Clearly you need to grind more books.

I'm not missing anything, look at your original post. You can't insult my intelligence if you dont exhibit some of your own.

This game has the most easily obtained gear in any mmo I have ever played(the list would be long & meaningless, as I've played most american mainstream mmo's) I play maybe 3 hours a night maybe less and I'm in a mix of Champ, Columi, Rakata, and BM and I'm working on getting a full suit of both Rakata and BM and its not that hard nor does it take that much time or effort. Anyone complaining they can't do both is just lazy, put in some time people

You 'think' that, but you didn't read his post apparently, thanks for stopping by.

damn, this is really a bad post, one you are doing it wrong, two you have a set of pvp or pve gear in inventory while using one of the other gears, three quit whining aobut there being pvp/pve gear i love it like that.

THE SKY! IT FALLS! EVERYBODY MOVE!

But really... PvP and PvE gear should be "mostly" unusable in their opposite content forms.

They should be functional, as if they are a low end blue, maybe even green. But being comparable to drops from end game PvE or high end PvP is out of the question.

Not sure where all these people came from who are begging to have all gear equally effective in any content... but I wish they'd stop. Do the work, earn the gear for each type of content.

This game has the most easily obtained gear in any mmo I have ever played(the list would be long & meaningless, as I've played most american mainstream mmo's) I play maybe 3 hours a night maybe less and I'm in a mix of Champ, Columi, Rakata, and BM and I'm working on getting a full suit of both Rakata and BM and its not that hard nor does it take that much time or effort. Anyone complaining they can't do both is just lazy, put in some time people

Don't worry about getting a full BM set if you have at least 3 Rakata pieces. Pick and choose the Rakata pieces with the best tradeoff in terms of primary stat vs the BM expertise. You should be around 552 expertise and have 3 slots for Rakata - end result is better than full BM because of DR on expertise.

I have 6 spare BM tokens plus 4 that I used to check out mods/enhancements for different spec gear sets on my 67 GS because it's worse for me to swap my Rakata weaps and boots for the BM equivalents.

You have a point.

I have 3 characters though, 1 is a healer (sorc), 1 is a tank(assassin), 1 is a dps(merc). I am oriented to help my guild and plan on being active in pvp and pve. Tank is in full champ and almost bm, dps is in full rakata, healer is brand new but guild wants a healer for premades next patch 1.2.

I am working hard only playing my healer for pvp, but i help my guild in pve with my healer too. I also play whatever my guild needs at that time. For being a group orientated game, I feel penalized for my game style for both pve and pvp because I try to contribute to the needs of my guild which I also enjoy, espirite de corp.

You might say, just play one guy, but sometimes its not that easy, when you do 8-16 mans, sometimes choice is limited and being versatile gets you a garunteed spot. I enjoy all aspects of the game and because of the seperation of pvp and pve gear, i feel limited.

You have a point.

I have 3 characters though, 1 is a healer (sorc), 1 is a tank(assassin), 1 is a dps(merc). I am oriented to help my guild and plan on being active in pvp and pve. Tank is in full champ and almost bm, dps is in full rakata, healer is brand new but guild wants a healer for premades next patch 1.2.

I am working hard only playing my healer for pvp, but i help my guild in pve with my healer too. I also play whatever my guild needs at that time. For being a group orientated game, I feel penalized for my game style for both pve and pvp because I try to contribute to the needs of my guild which I also enjoy, espirite de corp.

You might say, just play one guy, but sometimes its not that easy, when you do 8-16 mans, sometimes choice is limited and being versatile gets you a garunteed spot. I enjoy all aspects of the game and because of the seperation of pvp and pve gear, i feel limited.

Probably due to your lack of intellect, whats your point exactly? You have the time to make 3 level 50's but somehow you dont have the time to gear them out, makes sense.

THE SKY! IT FALLS! EVERYBODY MOVE!

But really... PvP and PvE gear should be "mostly" unusable in their opposite content forms.

They should be functional, as if they are a low end blue, maybe even green. But being comparable to drops from end game PvE or high end PvP is out of the question.

Not sure where all these people came from who are begging to have all gear equally effective in any content... but I wish they'd stop. Do the work, earn the gear for each type of content.

UO, AC didnt have a difference in pve and pvp, those games made what mmo's are today. They invented the genre. Dont know how long you all have been playing mmo's but I have for the past 12-13 years. I hated wow because of pve and pvp gap... i pvp'd all the time in wow but could not get a group to take me on raids, was annoying, and in turn i didint play wow and went back to AC. I love the star wars genre and want to see this game succeed... dont alienate playerbases, unite them.

Probably due to your lack of intellect, whats your point exactly? You have the time to make 3 level 50's but somehow you dont have the time to gear them out, makes sense.

took me less than 2 weeks to lvl my healer to 50, doesnt take much effort if you know what your doing,. 5 hours a night after work and kids sleeping. Keep trolling. I am a casual gamer and sometimes dont have the time, but when I do, I play hard.

than how can you agree with the op? what op wants is the contrary of what you seem to want.

but regarind gear progression in pve: there it is a must have! gear progression is one if not the most important dynamic of pve. you get new pve content which (idealy) is hard and needs tactics to master. as reward you get better gear which makes the encounter easier and lets all feel honored for their work.

then to retain challenges in pve there comes new pve content which has been balanced to your new gear to be difficult enough to be challenging.

and so on and on.

the rewarding with better gear is ONE of the biggest motiviation for pve for 99.99999999999% of the people.

but it is a pvp breaker! it is a killer for any sportive competition. hence you MUST seperate both some how!

I prefer there being as few differences as possible, so everyone can participate in all parts of the game. Making the differences bigger is counter to that.

Now someone explain to me why having gear progression is a must-have for PVE. I've played several games that did just fine without it. I happily played SWG for 2 years (220K subs, pre-CU) without it OR levels. Crafting, the economy, entertaining, PVP, trying to solo nightsisters and krayt dragons... plenty to keep ME entertained. And City of Heroes (150K subs) did just fine too before they added a gear grind... if anything, the grind's a reason not to go play it again.

I'm far from convinced people wouldn't play without a gear grind.

I didn't play much BC but top pve guilds in wow were top pvp guilds in wow because top pve guilds in wow were the ones with all the gear. I know my rogue in a mix of T1/T2 was guaranteed 2 shot in 1.5 seconds vs any cloth in the game.

duudee that was me in vanilla lol pvp was so great then, top pve guild on my server and we made some ****** battleground teams, my rogue owned!!one! Had half T2 and half T1 grand marshals main hand dagger(forgot the name) and perditions blade, unbeatableee

took me less than 2 weeks to lvl my healer to 50, doesnt take much effort if you know what your doing,. 5 hours a night after work and kids sleeping. Keep trolling. I am a casual gamer and sometimes dont have the time, but when I do, I play hard.

I don't get why you keep referring to me as a 'troll', I have a hard time believing you are a responsible adult when your comments are those of a 12 year old. You are a casual gamer who games for 5 hours a night? That's casual?

I like your comment though, 'doesn't take much effort'. I could say that about PvP gear after the last patch, you wouldn't have to play half that long in order to gear yourself out appropriately for PvP.

I'm pretty sure you decided to 'troll' me first but I guess via the interwebs, opinions of others that dispute your own is considered 'trolling'.

I think PvP gear is for playing PvP and PvE gear is for playing PvE.Most of time I play PvP when guild raid is not schedule.I think there's nothing wrong with it :/.So confuse why ppl complain that they want to use their PvE gear in PvP.

Cause having 2 sets of gear(one for pve and one for pvp) is insanely hard to do....

Dam lazy ppl

actually yes, that is hard to do if you have some type of life outside the game. Right now I'm more PvP focused and after I get my PvP daily done and maybe a few other dailies for cash, I don't have much time for anything else. Not everyone has 4 or 5 hours to spend in the game all the time. So yeah, if you're time limited or more casual, trying to keep up with 2 sets of gear, one for raiding and one for PvP, it is actually a pretty significant burden.

I don't get why you keep referring to me as a 'troll', I have a hard time believing you are a responsible adult when your comments are those of a 12 year old. You are a casual gamer who games for 5 hours a night? That's casual?

I like your comment though, 'doesn't take much effort'. I could say that about PvP gear after the last patch, you wouldn't have to play half that long in order to gear yourself out appropriately for PvP.

I'm pretty sure you decided to 'troll' me first but I guess via the interwebs, opinions of others that dispute your own is considered 'trolling'.

I'd have to agree, 5 hours a night is not casual gaming lol, hell that's more hours than a part time job.

so your pretty much telling a level 50 that does not enjoy pvp content to find a new game. so you can farm pve and be better geared than people thats hardcore in love with pvp. Great good.

Since your so into wow, run back there,