Player housing?

tuncher

Did you miss the blatant in-your-face obvious fact that we each have our own ship?

Your ship is your own house.

Wow relax guys !

The op is talking about a place where you can decorate your interiors and all around make your own, a trophy showcase if you will.. something much more then what player ships are currently ..

Wow relax guys !

The op is talking about a place where you can decorate your interiors and all around make your own, a trophy showcase if you will.. something much more then what player ships are currently ..

Yes that is what I meant

Edited by tuncher

Decorating a house isn't heroic. -Devs

That said, they've also said they plan to add more customization options for the ships so... yeah, they will eventually become more like player housing from other games.

considering the ship is just used for transport mostly, people dont hang out there

That's going to change in the future, I'd imagine.

With Legacy perks such as a GTN/Mailbox, etc to your ship, I'd imagine that's just the tip of the iceberg in us spending more/if not all our time on the ship in between running quests/FPs.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Did you miss the blatant in-your-face obvious fact that we each have our own ship?

Did you miss the blatant in-your-face obvious fact that he asked about houses and not ships?

See, I can be a jerk too. :rolleyes:

Has there been word of player housing being added to the game?

All you will get is blind fanboi fanatics screaming at you for asking this question. I doubt this game will ever see instanced housing. they may put a trophy room in your ship but that is it. we are not going to even have real guild features until 2013 aside from the Lepo bank they are adding in 1.2 .

If you are thinking tor will offer some sort of sand box conetnt do not waste your time the game was designed largely with a single player expierence in mind with a casual online player base feature set. the fan bois will tell you to shut up you already have it the haters will till you the engine cant handle it . the truth is their design concepts never supported that type of playstyle.

Our starships act as our home and the Legacy system will provide us with a way to unlock additions to our ships such as mailboxes and whatnot. As far as some robust housing system like has been promised for Aion for years now, don't hold your breath. The devs were asked about that a long time ago and the general idea of their response to it was that they didn't want to take the time to create such a system when 1)they already gave us a type of housing, and 2)they would rather focus their efforts on strengthening existing content types and adding new ones that have a more Star Wars feel than personal housing.

Well if our starships are going to be our homes (more like winnebagos), I would like to put in a request for window treatments on our starship windows. Some nice sheer curtains would make my fear inspiring sith starfighter a bit cozier :p