So... a marauder(sentinel) broke 819k damage... why do you guys need buffs again?

AndantePhist

The match was so lopsided. IT was an absolute gank fest so pretty easy to put up numbers like that when you are facerolling the other team.

And, you mad?

if it's easy to put up 800k+ numbers, why don't we see these numbers all the time?

and no, I'm not mad.

Just perplexed why people believe marauders/sentinels are underpowered as a class.

if it's easy to put up 800k+ numbers, why don't we see these numbers all the time?

and no, I'm not mad.

Just perplexed why people believe marauders/sentinels are underpowered as a class.

You clearly left out that I was referring to fighting a team as laughably bad as this one. The team with the marauders died a total of FIVE times combined. Just look at the opposite team. 2 them appear to have sit at one node the whole match (the people with over 10k objectives) while the rest of the noobs on the team were clearly being farmed over and over while being healed (2 healers on the nub team healed for over 1 million combined). These numbers are inflated so whatever you are trying to argue is flawed from the start IMO.

Edited by MMOgamer

well clearly there is very inflated numbers due to optimal conditions...

but what i want to know is... who is saying sentinels need buffs and is underpowered? lol

having played all 8 advanced classes... Sentinel feels the most damage out of all, but also the hardest to play.

From what I have read, its not a Sent buff anyway. IGN had an article up about new abilities for"WARRIORS/KNIGHTS" not a buff, new abilities. I also read that they have plans to give sent/mara some of their defensive CD's a little earlier.

Also, this guy may have been focus specced, as his heals are WAY too low for a watchman build.

This screenie may also be shopped, cause the damage vs. heals numbers aren't adding up right for a sentinel.

Edited by theblackajah

I think he's combat... he's not in shi-cho form (empire is same as republic). He also does not have empire's version of force exhaustion.

he's probably a mix of combat/watchman from what I can tell.

Also the numbers do add up. He did 800k+ damage and got 66 kills despite republic healers healing for 1 million+ healing combined.

I think he's combat... he's not in shi-cho form (empire is same as republic). He also does not have empire's version of force exhaustion.

he's probably a mix of combat/watchman from what I can tell.

Also the numbers do add up. He did 800k+ damage and got 66 kills despite republic healers healing for 1 million+ healing combined.

Its annihilation / watchman and i would guess he used centering for transcendance over zen

and no, I'm not mad.

It was a lopsided match that provided optimal conditions. If anything 800k dmg is bad because it shows your team's inability to kill anyone.

1. Enemy team's dps was garbage

2. Enemy team's 2 healers busted their *** allowing you to use their dps as training dummies for the entire match.

1. Sent/Mara is not underpowered. People are dumb.

2. Grats on 800k. That's hilarious.

3. Appears to be an absurdly long Alderaan.

4. Two enemy healers at >500k heals.

4a. Only 1 tank, with >100k protection.

4b. Poor healer suppression / interruption.

4c. Tank with 186k protection on the Marauder's team.

4d. Enemy healers didn't cleanse the DOTs.

5. The Marauder is Annihilation/Watchman. That's Annihilate and Deadly Saber (Merc Slash and OCS) on his bars.

General comment: >800k is not "hard" to get. It just requires a retardedly long game where you let the enemy heal for >1 mil HP and you don't die (e.g. your healers dump 1.3 million healing and your tank has almost 200k protection). Also helps when the next person on your team does like half your damage. Also, you can't suck and get that, but you don't have to be extraordinarily good, either. Unless you're solo queuing.

Edit:

What I really want to know is exactly how long that Alderaan lasted.

Edited by EasymodeX

No one said they need buffs except bad players.

And besides, on a drawn out Voidstar with a bunch of healers and no one getting passed the first door on both sides, that`s not really a big deal.

Edited by babiegirlla

Excessive damage like that just shows the inability to kill your target.

sit on a really good healer for a match, not AoEing on VS and break 600k as Watch. It equates to hitting a test dummy, can sit there for 10 min putting out DPS, yet not actually killing the target...that alone will just inflate the numbers to stupid lvls. Either way like it has been pointed out, its all squ'd from an obvious uneven match.

I don't think we need buffs either really. Its just 90% of the population has a problem playing it for one reason or another (which frankly confuses me sometimes) and the consensus is sent needs help. well this is obviously on the other end of the scope. figure out how to play to the max lvl, and look what you can do ;P

http://i.imgur.com/0Je6Y.jpg

I'd say a dps class capable of breaking 800k damage and having decent survivability is pretty balanced...

Why do people keep saying sentinels are most underpowered class?

Like half the classes can't even break 800k...

Sentinel/marauder are only great in the right hands. They have a huge learning curve and are one of if not the hardest class to master.

Having a valor 61 mara I can say this. Gear made a big difference first off. Dumping most of the BM stuff for Rakata my overall DPS in a full hutball went from 500k up to 650-700k. Nothing different just changed gear for higher str and better set bonuses.

Once I got used to how to use certain skills to maximize, when to jump into the fight and always follow my healers, it went up as well.

Most sent/mara just run in glowing light sticks basically advertising "HIT ME PLEASE, YES ME WITH THE 2 HUGE GLOW STICKS!!". Those that learn to pick their fights, have the gear and have a healer will get 700-800k in 1 WZ. Also to note, I have run with sorcs and BHs in similar gear that can do that much and more damage with AoEs.