Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How many players resubscribing for 1.2?

Dumpiduke

Out of curiosity, are there players still lingering around the forums that are planning on resubscribing after 1.2 hits live? If so, what content are you most interested in?

I'd guess that we'll see a pretty healthy population surge when it finally does, God knows we need some revitalization on some servers. It's going to be a big moment for Bioware that could potentially define the longevity of their pay to play model.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. Depends on exactly what goes into the patch. If all goes well and the new features are good and all, I will. But that is also assuming there will be a bunch of new orange gear implemented. I seriously consider the lack of appearance customization to be the game's biggest downside.

Yup I am resubbing and will continue to do so. I don't know if it is my lack of experience with MMOs (this is my first) but I don't understand why everyone on the forums is all gloom and doom. I am having a blast playing this game and I can't find myself stepping away from it. I would like to start iracing again but this game won't allow it right now :p

Out of curiosity, are there players still lingering around the forums that are planning on resubscribing after 1.2 hits live? If so, what content are you most interested in?

I'd guess that we'll see a pretty healthy population surge when it finally does, God knows we need some revitalization on some servers. It's going to be a big moment for Bioware that could potentially define the longevity of their pay to play model.

Well, if they're hanging around the forums they must still have an active subscription. So I'll assume you mean are they sticking around for 1.2

I am but then I'm a glutton for punishment. I have no particular interests in content improvements other than some sort of looking for group tool that works at least across the entire server if not across multiple servers.

P.S. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see other content improvements. I just have no abiding complaints and am willing to wait and be surprised by what Bioware brings.

If they were currently unsubbed, and planned on resubbing for 1.2, they would not be able to post their intentions here.

Whoops, wasn't aware that unsubbed players couldn't post on the forums. Either way, I'm sure there are people with 3 or 6 month subscriptions that planned on cancelling that may reconsider with the advent of 1.2.

Yup I am resubbing and will continue to do so. I don't know if it is my lack of experience with MMOs (this is my first) but I don't understand why everyone on the forums is all gloom and doom. I am having a blast playing this game and I can't find myself stepping away from it. I would like to start iracing again but this game won't allow it right now :p

Had the same experience with my first mmo. Glad you are enjoying it.

Whoops, wasn't aware that unsubbed players couldn't post on the forums. Either way, I'm sure there are people with 3 or 6 month subscriptions that planned on cancelling that may reconsider with the advent of 1.2.

They can't if their paid time has run out. Only if you have time left after unsubbing can you post here. So, you will not get answers from those that unsubbed more than 30 days ago.

EDIT: Or those that unsubbed before their next cycle and that cycle has gone by.

Edited by Dyraele

Not me, lol.

I already said on month ago they will push 1.2 back until after 20 march to make people re-sub, and seems I was right.

That's not gonna work on me.

I don't care what 1.2 offers, it still doesn't offer an optimized game that allows mass PvP without at the cost of having 5 FPS.

Until the game has been optimized I won't re-sub. Giving us very low shaders is a spit in our faces, it's like we don't know what the real problem is. They keep blaming us the customer while they know it's their crappy engine.

I've had it with this game.

My subscription is reoccurring, and I don't adjust it due to a patch. I end it when the game no longer is entertaining.

Weeeeee. OMG you don't abide by what forum posters tell you to do?!?!?!? Shame on you!

In all seriousness: /highfive for your post, some people never get it.

I had been waiting or it to hit in march to decide whether i'd resub this month or not but i dont mind waiting till next, i still have some fun with the game despite it's faults... and there's nowt else out there worth playing anyway.

If April rolls around and it gets delayed then i don't know whether i'll resub again, it entirely depends on Guild Wars 2 release date and whether i decide i like TERA in one of the upcoming beta weekends.

I have no plans on unsubbing. I find the pace of the game is just about perfect for how much time I have to invest in MMO's these days. I do wish that Op's and FP's were a littler harder but hey, what can you do when you don't call the shots?

I just signed up this past weekend and got my free month plus paid for 3 in advance and I am loving the game so far.

I still don't know jack about it, so the changes coming for 1.2 don't mean much to me.

This game has definitely replaced WoW as my go to MMO.

I have no plans on unsubbing. I find the pace of the game is just about perfect for how much time I have to invest in MMO's these days. I do wish that Op's and FP's were a littler harder but hey, what can you do when you don't call the shots?

Sounds like they're trying to make things more challenging in 1.2 and beyond...whether or not they'll succeed is another matter. I agree with you though, there is just enough content in the game to keep me happily paying and playing.

I fear that I'm going to find myself playing more in 1.2 seeing as how there will actually be an in-game economy and GTN functionality upgrades. As sad as this sounds, I'm looking forward to farming for credits, something that endgame desperately needs atm.

Not me, lol.

I already said on month ago they will push 1.2 back until after 20 march to make people re-sub, and seems I was right.

That's not gonna work on me.

I don't care what 1.2 offers, it still doesn't offer an optimized game that allows mass PvP without at the cost of having 5 FPS.

Until the game has been optimized I won't re-sub. Giving us very low shaders is a spit in our faces, it's like we don't know what the real problem is. They keep blaming us the customer while they know it's their crappy engine.

I've had it with this game.

Thern why are you here?

BW never claimed that the very low shader was THE fix for the problem or the ONLY fix they were intending to implement. it was intended to help people. They also have clearly stated they are continuing to work on the issue. If you don't have the patience to wait for the fixes, then what in the name of all that is holy gives you the patience to troll these forums looking for opoprtunities to try to spit in everyone's face who likes the game?

The game already uses multiple cores.

Yes, but he read somethign on some site somewhere by some dude with no credentials that hero engine something something something game cores dooooooom.

Edited by Blotter

I'll be cancelling in April. 1.2 looks like more of the same with very little to keep my attention. I equate it to playing WoW for the Achievements.

The game needs work IMO, and I'm not talking content. It needs to run smoother, it needs to be able to handle mass pvp. How is that new version of Illum going to work if they can't handle more than 20 ppl fighting in the same area w/out the game commiting suicide?

Anyhow, when D3 comes out, I'll more than likely jump ship. Who knows if GW2 will be any good? I've played this game, the endgame is buggy, there are credit sinks galore (How many Marauders realize that Rank 6 Cloak of Pain costs 28K credits while only offering 5 more total damage?).

Yadda yadda...the game has issues and the most BW could muster for customer communication was a Sales Pitch for 1.2 ....great guild summit...it was a frigging commercial.

I just signed up this past weekend and got my free month plus paid for 3 in advance and I am loving the game so far.

I still don't know jack about it, so the changes coming for 1.2 don't mean much to me.

This game has definitely replaced WoW as my go to MMO.

Good luck and have fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.