"Clickers"

WNxAres

I remember when I used to click all my skills.

I clicked so much and so fast it wore out my left mouse button.

From that day foward, I vowed to never click again...

...except to ride my mount.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good clicker can click on 6/7 abilities on 2 seconds without look at the speel bar.. a good clicker can do two headshoots in 2 seconds... with moving targets....

Dude if you can click 6 buttons in 2 seconds without looking at the action bar, then why is using the keyboard so hard for you? You're already a god. /sarcasm

I advice everyone to try binding their 4 most used abilities to 1-2-3-4 and a few emergency abilities (interrupt, dodge etc.) to additional mouse buttons if you got any. You will see the difference in a few minutes.

So what are the expected differences?

1- You react much faster.

2- You have the mouse free while you apply your rotations. You can use if for either moving or activating consumables, relics, etc.

3- You see that you can actually use abilities that you thought you don't have the time for.

If you don't, just keep casualing, no problem with that. Just don't come here telling people clicking is the best.

Dude if you can click 6 buttons in 2 seconds without looking at the action bar, then why is using the keyboard so hard for you? You're already a god. /sarcasm

QFT. If that guy could click 6 icons in 2 seconds within the client, they'd...

1.) have to be relatively close together to be accurate, and

2.) wouldn't really do anything because of the global cooldown and max 1 second buffer

The guy is just talking and nothing more.

Edited by cipher_nemo

QFT. If that guy could click 6 icons in 2 seconds within the client, they'd...

1.) have to be relatively close together to be accurate, and

2.) wouldn't really do anything because of the global cooldown and max 1 second buffer

The guy is just talking and nothing more.

No, there are abilities that are off the GCD, so being able to click 6 things with a mouse in 2 seconds is quite posible.

Dude if you can click 6 buttons in 2 seconds without looking at the action bar, then why is using the keyboard so hard for you? You're already a god.
Did he say that it's hard? Or that he's having trouble with it? I'm not sure where the post you're quoting is

So what are the expected differences?

1- You react much faster.

2- You have the mouse free while you apply your rotations. You can use if for either moving or activating consumables, relics, etc.

3- You see that you can actually use abilities that you thought you don't have the time for.

Eh,

1. my clicking reaction time is plenty sufficient.

2. I'm already able to move while clicking, and it looks like you're suggesting that that people use a hybrid style and click on consumables/relics instead of keybinding them; so you're being inconsistent. If you actually do this, then guess what: you are a clicker.

3. I don't have abilities that I don't think I have time for... so this set is an empty set.

Edited by ferroz

The more sure someone is that one way is right for everyone, the more wrong they are.

Now I realize that you are talking about clicking and keybinding (at least I hope you wouldn't say this about everything), but... taken at face value, your statement is just plain silly.

By your logic, jumping out of an airplane at 10K feet unassisted by some sort of parachute would be okay in your view. Because, people who jump with one are convinced that that is the only way to do it - which makes them wrong?

Scuba diving without oxygen is okay in your view, because people who think having oxygen to scuba dive is the only way to do it - which makes them wrong?

Just saying...

I am sorry I expected my post to be in the context of this thread.

People are different, I happen to key the large majority of my skills, but I am not so stupid as to think that the way I do it, would be best for everyone, in fact I know it is not.

Use what works for you, and ignore those that have almost religious convictions about how you should do it.

Edited by Dayln

I am sorry I expected my post to be in the context of this thread.

People are different, I happen to key the large majority of my skills, but I am not so stupid as to think that the way I do it, would be best for everyone, in fact I know it is not.

Use what works for you, and ignore those that have almost religious convictions about how you should do it.

Stop clicking

Clickers are bad. I honestly wish people that mouseclicked abilities were flaged someone so the rest of us would know not to group with them or heal them.

Stop clicking

Clickers are bad. I honestly wish people that mouseclicked abilities were flaged someone so the rest of us would know not to group with them or heal them.

Learn to read before you post, reading is good, it is taught in most areas of the country

Stop clicking

Why? Why are we bad? Please elaborate.

In the past WZ's I've done I've received top damage, and most objective points. Please explain how I'm bad.

If you aren't playing this way you are punishing your own efficiency.

What a rather blinkered world view you appear to have. Not everyone who plays MMO's is some nimble fingered teen, some of us old farts have other things to account for, like arthritic hands.

I'm actually in neither camp because I use a little of both, a few easily accessible keys for my main talents and click the rest when mobility isn't as essential.... but to try and access the full range of keys... not going to happen, I simply can't move the fingers that fast especially after playing for a while without a break.

Not everyone who doesn't play the way you arrogantly assume is the best way for everyone is doing it wrong.

and FYI... whilst I don't consider myself a great player by any means, I was good enough to have been guild MT in two successive guilds over the last 5 years, so I am certainly not the worst either.

And another huge point you seem to miss... thinking you HAVE to play in a fashion you don't enjoy..... it's a game, if you ain't enjoying it, your doing it wrong!

Why? Why are we bad? Please elaborate.

In the past WZ's I've done I've received top damage, and most objective points. Please explain how I'm bad.

I think he worded it in a bad way... but here is what I think of the situation. As a clicker, you can be as good as anyone depending on the personal skill level of the clicker. But, if you take those same personal player skills and use keybinds instead of mouse clicks, you will notice just how much better you can be.

So in other words, you shouldn't limit yourself because you notice you are playing on par, or you are ranking in top "x" in WZ's... Because plain and simple, key binds are quicker, easier (once you get used to them), and allow your character to move around a lot easier/free.

I used to click as I found it more enjoyable than using my keyboard at that time. Eventually I learned to keybind and used my keyboard for most of my skills (With a few exceptions such as buffs). I've stuck with it since then, but I can't say I have an advantage or that things get easier with keybinds. I was a fast clicker and was able to click the next skill as soon as the other finished. In combat you usually don't have to move all that much, so that's not really a problem. Otherwise just use your keyboard to move around a bit.

I have always used my mouse to turn. I did this since the beginning because it looks more fluent turning your character by mouse instead of with your keyboard, not because it allows you to play better\faster as some might say. I don't think it makes much of a difference either. It simply comes down to the fact that you should choose what you enjoy better.

I truly despise players who judge others by their playstyle, regardless of how well they perform. I don't know if they say it because it makes them feel better at the game or if they look down upon you... They should focus on their own character.

Clicker is fine.

Theres also really fast clickers, and in this game there is no way you can bind all skills. Theres just too many.

110% false. Iv binded all my abilities and still have room for more binds.

I play with a Logitech G 13 game board and use the joystick to move and have all my skills key bound. I will own any mouse clicker in pvp. Look me up and I'll prove it to you. You might be able to get away with clicking in pve but pvp I will own you hands down.

There is a learning curve to playing with keys bound rather than clicking your skills. If you are unwilling to try then it is your loss and you will get owned simple as that.

110% false. Iv binded all my abilities and still have room for more binds.

That's besides the point, because when are you going to press 5 buttons at once anyway? :rolleyes:

I play with a Logitech G 13 game board and use the joystick to move and have all my skills key bound. I will own any mouse clicker in pvp. Look me up and I'll prove it to you. You might be able to get away with clicking in pve but pvp I will own you hands down.

There is a learning curve to playing with keys bound rather than clicking your skills. If you are unwilling to try then it is your loss and you will get owned simple as that.

Oh please... It's not THAT hard. I was able to use my keyboard for skills efficiently in less than an hour. The only thing you have to get used to is playing for a long time as it can result in cramp in your hand especially in the beginning.

Edited by Claessens

Oh please... It's not THAT hard. I was able to use my keyboard for skills efficiently in less than an hour. The only thing you have to get used to is playing for a long time as it can result in cramp in your hand especially in the beginning.

Obviously you missed my point entirely. I don't click any skills and will own anyone that does. There is a learning curve for some but it isn't hard at all IMO.

Stop clicking

I wish people who DIDN'T mouse click abilities were flagged so the rest of us would know not to group with them.

That's besides the point, because when are you going to press 5 buttons at once anyway? :rolleyes:

Sure you may use let say 5 buttons but when you do need to pop abilities and are moving with mouse you will need to stop moving with mouse and click. Sorry but majority of binders posses more skill then clickers, that is the way it's just is. Although there are some very good clickers, most are not good.

I used to be a clicker then I took a...

Okay, better stop the joke before somebody actually does shoot me. Jokes aside I was a clicker once upon a time. When I came across a class that I couldn't get a way with it anymore though, I taught myself my own keybind setup. PVP'ers would kill me for it, but it works great in PVE (tanking not as much, but not bad either) and now I do better than I ever have.

That being said, I don't think it is cool to be hating on the clickers because of how they decide to play. The fact of the matter is, they are paying 15 dollars a month to play their character that they made in a way they want to play, so who the hell are you people to tell them what to do?