Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

"Clickers"

WNxAres

I am 56, and I have used both

I use what has worked best for me, but I have seen other players use ways that work for them just as well.

People are not robots, not everyone is the same.

I am not stupid enough to think that what works for me, is always the best for everyone.

There are some however that seem to be.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are unable to fully piano your hand and keybind everything. A hybrid style can more or less lower your disadvantage. Even as much as using 1-5 as your attacks and licking everything else and using mouse to move would be a big jump over clicking everything.

Edit - Licking = Clicking...unless you prefer the former.

Edited by Terrorshard

If you are unable to fully piano your hand and keybind everything. A hybrid style can more or less lower your disadvantage. Even as much as using 1-5 as your attacks and licking everything else and using mouse to move would be a big jump over clicking everything.

i get away just by binding ~ - 5

so you can do ~,1,2,3,4,5

Shift + ~,1,2,3,4,5

Ctrl + ~,1,2,3,4,5

no spider fingers required :)

i used to click in wow. i had multiple wol rankings and all that but my situational awarness was terrible and i was certainly a "tunnel vision hero". switching to the razer naga improved my play almost intsantly.

i always thought clicking was fine because i knew i could out dps pretty much anyone anytime, and that keybinders on forums are just looking for something trivial to make themselves feel superior to others because their mothers didnt love them enough as children.

but once i started being keybound, not only could i out dps them all but then i didnt have to die in fire like a baddie multiple times a night.

tl dr stop being bad and L2keybind :)

I switched from clicking to keyboard about a year ago but I still have trouble strafing and backing up during combat as there is no mouse control for either. How do you elitist keyboard users strafe/back up while using abilities?

They see this message as a spell caster:

You must be facing your target.

HAHA -

i used to click in wow. i had multiple wol rankings and all that but my situational awarness was terrible and i was certainly a "tunnel vision hero". switching to the razer naga improved my play almost intsantly.

i always thought clicking was fine because i knew i could out dps pretty much anyone anytime, and that keybinders on forums are just looking for something trivial to make themselves feel superior to others because their mothers didnt love them enough as children.

but once i started being keybound, not only could i out dps them all but then i didnt have to die in fire like a baddie multiple times a night.

tl dr stop being bad and L2keybind :)

I personally think razer products are built like garbage tbh. The ONLY products I have ever broken the spacebar on (razer lycosa) and just plain-out stopped working (razer mamba).

I do not think I will ever purchase from them again.

I personally think razer products are built like garbage tbh. The ONLY products I have ever broken the spacebar on (razer lycosa) and just plain-out stopped working (razer mamba).

I do not think I will ever purchase from them again.

As a 40 something, you should (if you have the funds) invest in a G13. I am telling you, you won't look back. The thumb joystick with forward, back, strafe left, strafe right and the keys will change the way you play (for the better) forever! Trust me on that one, as a fellow 40 something-er! :D

As a 40 something, you should (if you have the funds) invest in a G13. I am telling you, you won't look back. The thumb joystick with forward, back, strafe left, strafe right and the keys will change the way you play (for the better) forever! Trust me on that one, as a fellow 40 something-er! :D

That does look nice, and the price isn't bad at all comparatively. Heck, look at what they are asking for those SWTOR logo mouse and keyboard, now those are expensive. lol

That does look nice, and the price isn't bad at all comparatively. Heck, look at what they are asking for those SWTOR logo mouse and keyboard, now those are expensive. lol

I am not a sales person for Logitech, but this is one product that does not disappoint. An MMO gamer must have designed it, cause it works perfectly. And its super easy to set up.

If you get one or have questions, don't hesitate to pm me. :)

A Razer Naga and Nostromo work well together. I only use my keyboard for chat. If a game requires more keys than the Naga and Nostromo provide to handle normal movement, abilities and spell rotations (i.e., Warlock in current WoW), then I stop playing the game.

I hate the keybinding vs clicking debate, personally; it's fine to discuss what you find easiest, but let's stay civil, shall we?

I mostly keybind, with clicking happening for those abilities I do not use often (stuns, movement freeing, etc.);

It is true, for the effort it takes to be 100% clicker and be good at it you could have long mastered your keybindings. It is also true that pvp requires a little more speed and precision of movement than keyboard turning can give you.

That said, I need to look down at my keyboard to reach any of my top row between 8 and =, therefore it is most efficient for those less popular abilities to be clicked, otherwise I may very well miss something happening. For instances where I must continue to move while I click, I have myself trained to drop my ring finger down to the WASD in order to do so.

At the end of the day, do what seems efficient to you, hybridize like me (because, of course, everyone wants to be like me....), and have a good time eh.

I can move absolutley any direction I want to with a combination of q w e a s d , and STILL be able to cast spells without getting the message - "You must be facing your target"

If you are using your arrow keys as your only methods of movement, then yes - it could be slower for mobile dps and mobile heals.

If you are a clicker in my guild, you're getting guild kicked.

As a veteran MMO player and guildleader and a leader of a pvp guild I realize It is less efficient to click and I'd like players with potential.

If you click, and are in my guild, you're getting kicked.

As a veteran MMO player and guildleader and a leader of a pvp guild I realize It is less efficient to click and I'd like players with potential.

I don't believe guild leaders should be tyrants and dictators to their members(unless it's a joke reply).

In the end it does not matter in PvP if you are a "clicker" or a "keybinder" because if you get zerged by 5 sith you will end up dead.

Having played a Commando in PvP they don't need keybinds due to casting times and either do defensive guardians.

Hello, Mister Internet Tough Guy!

With a crap attitude like that, I wouldn't join your guild if you paid me a thousand dollars. Jerkwads like you are the ones who have ruined online gaming.

Get a life.

A Razer Naga and Nostromo work well together. I only use my keyboard for chat. If a game requires more keys than the Naga and Nostromo provide to handle normal movement, abilities and spell rotations (i.e., Warlock in current WoW), then I stop playing the game.

this. i just got my naga, and with the combo of the nostromo, it is without a doubt the best setup i have ever used

Keybinding is the most efficient, but I will say that I have seen absolutely amazing clickers in videos -- I could not believe someone could click buttons that fast. However, the person clicking in the video would have been better with at least some keybindings.

I play a jugg.

I run with an opponent running behind me.

I jump, mouseturn to face him, fire Force Scream while my char is in mid air

mouseturn back while i land and keep running.

So, i can hit a guy behind me, without stopping or otherwise reducing my moving speed.

Tell me how to do that with keyboard turning and skill clicking and i will throw away my mouse.

Edited by Reli_BOON

No matter how anybody tries to shape and spin the arguments in favor of clicking a player will never be as efficient using this method as they will be with keybinding.

The mouse is for moving.

The keyboard is for your abilities.

If you aren't playing this way you are punishing your own efficiency.

It's a personal choice but make no mistake about it, if you choose to use the keyboard to move/turn and the mouse to click your abilities on the action bar you will be at a distinct disadvantage when playing against a person who uses the mouse to move and binds their abilities to their keyboard.

I was a clicker until I read this post.

Then I thought, hey why not try it?

Turns out I totally agree. All I really did was map my lower center ability bar to the Function keys across the top of the keyboard, but I can already see a vast improvement in ability usage.

Yes, clicking works, and with the difficulty level of the game you can usually get away with it. But with my Trooper, for instance, the first two abilities are Area effects, which have to be specifically targeted in a location.

When clicking, I have to either leave where I'm clicking in the battle to the ability bar to click Mortar Volley, for instance, then back to the battle to target the effect, then move the mouse back to the ability bar for the next attack. Even doing this quickly, you're still wasting time moving the mouse back and forth across the screen.

With everything mapped to the function keys, I don't have to go to the ability bar anymore. Especially when running as a healer, I can keep the mouse moving back and forth between my team mates in the lower left corner and the battle, while I just run down the keys.

You really can save a lot of time and increase your rotation speeds.