Bioware should be punished. There is no way they do not know this exists.

Ojas

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

We're perfectly aware that this difference exists.

It's because, shockingly, Agents are not Inquisitors.

I appreciate that the snarky response is to someone who was rude (to be kind in my description) but to those of us who aren't acting like *******es, could we get perhaps a better explanation?

The mirror class for the Agent is the Smuggler, the mirror class for the Inquisitor is the Consular.
(fixed)

I can appreciate that the comparison between classes and advanced classes that are not mirrors (or even ones that are!) will never truly be a strict 1:1 comparison. However, there does seem to be a sizable disparity between the two.

Not to the point of comparing apple:apple, but in "large handful of apples:large sack of oranges."

Just in case it wasn't clear: We have different classes in the game - that means they actually have different abilities, energy systems, costs, etc. In short: It's working as designed.
I appreciate variety in class design. Really, I do. I also understand how difficult it can be to provide variety along with semi-equal ability--it can be a daunting and frustrating task.

On the other hand, the differences I see between Scoundrel/Operative performance (healing, DPS, and utility) and Sage/Inquisitor performance are... excessive, and obviously weighted to be not in favor of the Sc/Op.

I know you've got plenty to do, but a lot of us would really appreciate a straightforward answer to some of the questions that have been posed politely (i.e. not by someone calling for you all to be "punished." What does that mean, anyhow? Spanked? I mean, you might be into that. If you are, let me know, I know this cute little nurse, and... yeah.) such as:

Do you feel "Viable" is the same thing as "Desirable" or "Fun?"

Do you think the addition of a stealth mechanic (which is all but non-functional in endgame PvE) is a fair trade for the plethora of utility, control, ability and sheer throughput available by choosing to select any class other than the Operative/Scoundrel to perform either as a healer or DPS?

I understand that certain amounts of compromise are necessary in a design process, but do you feel that Operatives and Scoundrels genuinely fall into the "5%" that's been mentioned as the general margin for effectiveness?

Thanks,

Jack.

Edited by LeperJack

Hey,

The mirror class for the Agent is the Smuggler, the mirror class for the Inquisitor is the Smuggler.

Just in case it wasn't clear: We have different classes in the game - that means they actually have different abilities, energy systems, costs, etc. In short: It's working as designed.

Georg

The question I have is...why? 3 of the 4 base classes all have regenerating energy. 2 of them have a system where energy regen diminishes as energy level falls. One class has a constant energy regen that can be boosted by talents and skills. It seems to needlessly complicate class balance.

Hey,

The mirror class for the Agent is the Smuggler, the mirror class for the Inquisitor is the Smuggler.

Georg

Hahaha!

Hey,

Georg

this guy gets 2 thumbs up from me, i do enjoy reading your posts

NO JOHN SMEDLEY HERE, MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG.

Hey,

I appreciate the snide remark, let me offer you one in return.

Shockingly devs are obviously not players who think that just because the numbers add up at the end, its somehow ok.

Thanks georg im so glad as a developer you have your classes straight. Did you guys mix up the classes when developing the game and give some smuggler skills to the consular instead?

Just in case it wasnt clear, the system for the sorc/sage makes them FAR better healers in a team based scenario

Georg

^troll^

I kinda have to agree with Bioware here...I'll get around to FRAPS'ing one of my wz matches but I can consistently heal between 250k-400k in most warzones as long as the teams are balanced with my smuggler.

If you actually took the time to learn heal properly then this wouldn't be an issue. I'm also doing HM FP's daily and only when I was a fresh 50 did I have trouble healing through any.

Yes, I run out of energy sometimes but I usually have Cool Head (energy regen) out of it's cooldown whenever this happens. You need to start using Pugnacity (or the equivalent) at all times. It increases regen by 3 for every second which then technically renders a lot of your calculations inaccurate.

this guy gets 2 thumbs up from me, i do enjoy reading your posts

NO JOHN SMEDLEY HERE, MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG.

Atleast john smedly was honest about things and never really favored 1 class over another.

Hey,

Georg

QFT. Thank you Mr. Zoeller! :)

I like how all the sorcers are reading the Dev Tracker and coming in here to post snide remarks.

Math cannot be disputed. IA/Smugg healers are mathematically inferior in every way to Sorc healing and we have less regen and near zero utility. The issues are not really disputable.

If the 1.2 operations are truly difficult on Nightmare Mode, then I see absolutely no reason to bring in a IA healer over a Sorc healer.

Edited by dmanlong

I like how all the sorcers are reading the Dev Tracker and coming in here to post snide remarks.

Math cannot be disputed. IA/Smugg healers are mathematically inferior in every way to Sorc healing and we have less regen and near zero utility. The issues are not really disputable.

If the 1.2 operations are truly difficult on Nightmare Mode, then I see absolutely no reason to bring in a IA healer over a Sorc healer.

oh but Georg Zoeller said there is balancing done to ALL classes in game update 1.2

and by balancing im sure he means "I dont think sorc/sages are doing enough damage while in healing, so we better give them a 20% boost to damage across the entire board" meanwhile everyone else gets a nerf

hey george id like to see either consulars/inquistors have to choose between dps/heals not having both. Also all classes need an interupt b/c if your a class without an interupt and your fighting con/inq sorry your going to die with little to no chance. They both can sit thier and heal and dps at the same time how you think this is ok or balanced is lolz man come on. You dont really think 90% of the con/inq class is played b/c its complex or hard do you? lol

They are trying to make the game unbalanced to make the game easier for their most played class so that their most played class has a greater incentive to subscribe. This is criminal. Throwing us under the bus to appease their sorcerers/sages.

#firstworldproblems

'nuff said.

hey george id like to see either consulars/inquistors have to choose between dps/heals not having both. Also all classes need an interupt b/c if your a class without an interupt and your fighting con/inq sorry your going to die with little to no chance. They both can sit thier and heal and dps at the same time how you think this is ok or balanced is lolz man come on. You dont really think 90% of the con/inq class is played b/c its complex or hard do you? lol

You're over-generalising. A sorc either "casts" a healing ability or something else. They CANNOT dps and heal "at the same time" (unless you count a DoT that is already ticking on a mob).

In other words, a sorc, like any other class that has dual roles, has to make a decision whether to heal, or to dps. They can't do both at once.

Furthermore, the potency of healing when in a dps spec is not as good as the potency of healing in the healing spec. Plus, the healing abilities are not insta-cast either. The largest "heal" has a relatively long cast time. This means that IF a dps sorc is casting a heal, he/she isn't doing what he/she is specced to do best.

Edited by Tarka

Who are you talking about? Me or the guy you quoted.

I don't know how else to tell you this, but you're playing your class wrong if you are running out of energy.

I can cure cancer on my Operative, and I don't have the gear you do.

Hey,

Georg

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. You managed to not use the words "moron", "nitwit", "jerk", and "smeghead" in your reply; I would have.

Hell, if I were in your position, and I saw the OP's post, I'd access his account info, and forward it to every spam mailing list and Nigerian Prince I could find. This is why they don't give me jobs where I have to deal with customers any more.

Please, developers -- a little more smack-down like this would go a long, long, way. The time for polite pandering is over.

Hey,

Georg

Hey Georg! How about posting in an operative thread that actually matters?

Like the 20 pages of people begging for some impossible to find feedback on our PvE damage?

Keep ignoring all the constructive threads asking for developer feedback, and respond to the ones that make Operatives look stupid! Well done! :mad:

Edited by Tokosteef