VIP Club access now worthless....

dynastynyy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No amount of crazy cool speeder pixels is worth the STUPID amount of money you people spent on the top tier game.

Is the speeder faster than the standard one I have? no

Do you get better gear than I do? no

Do you get ANYTHING tangible IRL? no

Do you get ANYTHING useful in-game? no

It would be one thing if deluxe gave you the free cool speeder or if the auth. key gave you FREE companion mods but to make you pay more to get the opportunity to pay more is mind numbing.

It would be like going to a fancy restaurant and seeing the menu and the waiter saying "hey if you give me $200 I will give you an upgraded menu with WAY more expensive food that is basically the exact same food but its arranged differently on the plate..."

And yet it seems some of you would line up for such an opportunity.

TL;DR

Paying tons more IRL money to get the ability to spend tons more pixel money is really terrible logic.

But hey, grats on that floating car thing that does nothing more than my cheap one does. You guys know a million credits costs like 10 dollars to buy right? I can get all the same crap u have and spend LESS money than you did.

I'm not dismissing your analogy. Truth be told, I didn't even see it. It's not far off but not entirely true. I just don't care to split hairs if that's what you're going for.

Simple answer: You can get nearly everything you get from the VIP vendors without purchasing the CE/DDE version and we're talking since release (not 3-4 months later). There's no skewing that reality.

Dude, I have no idea what you are saying.

VIP vender gets something the entire general community cannot get. You pay a premium price for it. You get to have that status for 4 months (released in December, it is March that is 4 months).

Now everyone gets it, for a reduced price since it is no longer prestigious. That is how the world works dude.

In a bit, they will more than likely introduce another 1.5 million credit vehicle that can only be purchased from that vender and you will again have a vehicle that no one else can get unless they are VIP and dropped the credits on it.

I have no idea why that is a hard concept to obtain.

Can Bioware explain their recent decision to make the VIP club speeder available to the masses? The Korrealis Commander served as a status symbol. You know who either pre-ordered the game, or spent 1m on VIP access to get the speeder.

Today, I log in to find that not only is the speeder 1 million credits, it's now available on the *regular speeder vendor*. So, now I'm quite confused here, what purpose does the VIP club hold for non-collectors-edition players?

Calm down. Always in motion an MMO is. Everything you own/earn/achieve will be a thing of the past when an expansion goes live. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

Calm down. Always in motion an MMO is. Everything you own/earn/achieve will be a thing of the past when an expansion goes live. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

Fear leads to the dark side.

He has a point.

Even if they add things to the VIP vendor, the growing trend is whatever they add will eventually be made available to the masses, too.

Moral of the story: VIP/CE vendor content has been irrelevant since release.

you get it first though. VIP doesn't have to mean completely exclusive. And to be honest I did not see a huge jump in the amount of people with land speeders after the patch since they are still a bit expensive for your average joe player.

I have no idea why that is a hard concept to obtain.

I conjure the same question every time you type out "4 months later...".

Are you choosing to ignore the part of every response where I'm highlighting the nearly identical items that have been available since release you're saying is available 4 months later?

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

No amount of crazy cool speeder pixels is worth the STUPID amount of money you people spent on the top tier game.

Is the speeder faster than the standard one I have? no

Do you get better gear than I do? no

Do you get ANYTHING tangible IRL? no

Do you get ANYTHING useful in-game? no

It would be one thing if deluxe gave you the free cool speeder or if the auth. key gave you FREE companion mods but to make you pay more to get the opportunity to pay more is mind numbing.

It would be like going to a fancy restaurant and seeing the menu and the waiter saying "hey if you give me $200 I will give you an upgraded menu with WAY more expensive food that is basically the exact same food but its arranged differently on the plate..."

And yet it seems some of you would line up for such an opportunity.

TL;DR

Paying tons more IRL money to get the ability to spend tons more pixel money is really terrible logic.

But hey, grats on that floating car thing that does nothing more than my cheap one does. You guys know a million credits costs like 10 dollars to buy right? I can get all the same crap u have and spend LESS money than you did.

they are collectors, collectors must have privilege, doesnt matter if its better from your or not its unique, its privilege

4 years ago i sell a kite for 15.000 euros, you know why? cuz a collector in France didnt have it and seek it for years, but it was just another simple kite, for him was a privilege to have it

and why u dont mention the sovereign that is still untouched and commander, baron are changed to easy buy?

Edited by Kissakias

you get it first though. VIP doesn't have to mean completely exclusive.

The exact term they used in advertising was "Exclusive". That's a fairly black and white statement.

I'm not whining and challenge anyone to find a post where it states I'm distraught or harbor great anger towards Biowares decision.

However, I have no problem is stating the obvious that VIP/CE vendors are largely irrelevant and have been since release.

You're free to debate that opinion of it being irrelevant but the facts are facts. Nearly every item available that's "exclusive" has a nearly identical version available for credits at non CE/DDE/VIP vendors.

The exact term they used in advertising was "Exclusive". That's a fairly black and white statement.

I'm not whining and challenge anyone to find a post where it states I'm distraught or harbor great anger towards Biowares decision.

However, I have no problem is stating the obvious that VIP/CE vendors are largely irrelevant and have been since release.

You're free to debate that opinion of it being irrelevant but the facts are facts. Nearly every item available that's "exclusive" has a nearly identical version available for credits at non CE/DDE/VIP vendors.

Nothing on the CE/VIP vender gives anyone a leg up on anything. It was never meant to. It is for cosmetic flavor.

irrelevant as far as getting something "better" than waht anyone can get ? sure but that was and is not the point of the VIP items .

the point of the VIP items is to have something for a while that looks differnt than the normal items that everyone can get.

VIP items are a "looks" thing NOT a power or better thing

until this patch that speeder was only a VIP and you could tell by the "looks" of it that the person was a VIP , did it make them get around faster?

meh not really did it make coffee for them nope . IT just looked a way so you or others knew it was a VIP speeder .

it was never and all items in the VIP are never meant to make the player have a leg up on others.

Can Bioware explain their recent decision to make the VIP club speeder available to the masses? The Korrealis Commander served as a status symbol. You know who either pre-ordered the game, or spent 1m on VIP access to get the speeder.

Today, I log in to find that not only is the speeder 1 million credits, it's now available on the *regular speeder vendor*. So, now I'm quite confused here, what purpose does the VIP club hold for non-collectors-edition players?

And it's all clearly so important andmeaningful that people flocked to the VIP guy in droves and horked up the 1M credits to get access to the VIP club in order to have that status symbol in the first place. It was all anyone was spending their millions of credits on.

Edited by Blotter

I have never played an mmo, where at some point in time they did not offer what ever was in a CE, to the general gamer, this is pretty much a standard practice, and in every one of those games people got upset, and it did no good, I have a CE, I expected this, and i don't really care, the other stuff that came in my box is pretty cool to me, it's just one of those things /shrug

I have never played an mmo, where at some point in time they did not offer what ever was in a CE, to the general gamer, this is pretty much a standard practice, and in every one of those games people got upset, and it did no good, I have a CE, I expected this, and i don't really care, the other stuff that came in my box is pretty cool to me, it's just one of those things /shrug

the SWG have many of those items as a privilege (bunker, lava flea and others)

from every new expansion or pack have some items as a privilege (some was tradeable and some wasnt)

and now the privilege got it the pvpers with the sovereign since it stays unchanged till 1.2 that will be removed

Edited by Kissakias

Just to throw in my 2 cents here.

I'm annoyed at the VIP box set I bought. Although, I have Darth Malgus sat on my desk, the 'exclusive in game items' are a joke now!

The speeder is good for 15 levels. Once you hit 40, you get a faster one.

The droid is again, pointless. OK, it's 'exclusive', but there are a lot of other droids ig.

And that's about it. There is some armour on the VIP vendor, but it's not great. I was hoping that the ig items would be 1. really exclusive, make me stand out a bit from the crowd and 2. with me and all my alts from levels 1 - 50.

I feel I'm getting a little bored of the game, so I'm pretty pee'd that I spent money on a statue. Since I can't see me playing the game forever. IMHO.

I feel like what a waste of money. I bought the "deluxe" or whatever well after launch because I was told that vendor had some cool orange gear on it. So I thought what the heck so I paid my 20 bucks and went up stairs... and wow was I upset.. one stinking vehicle for sale at over 1 million credits.. I was upset. But I guess it's my fault for not researching more on what was available.

But yes the VIP is totally worthless and not worth the money it costs.

the point is...dont advertise something as "exclusive", when it's anything but.

While I see your point, think real life and all the "exclusive" items that have been advertised as being available only at "store x", yet down the road you can find those item at a close out store or online to the masses "while supply lasts" for a lot less in price too.