Seriously BW, 3 kills/WZ?

oldshatterhand

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea. Nothing was more boring than driving in circles with 6-10 other people looking for crates once you kicked out the other faction.

This way, you can still look for the crates, do your WZs while you look, and probably get your WZ daily and Ilum daily done in about 5-6 matches unless you have really bad luck winning WZs.

Didnt do Ilum pre patch (sometimes when a zerg was there on tuesdays).

Will not do Ilum post patch (apart from a tuesday zerg).

Over a week I should be able to complete 2-3 Ilum dailies with my normal warzone behaviour so it's an upgrade compared to before.

What exactly do you need pvp gear for? you only do ilum which on my server is allot of waiting & buffing with allot of lag , so why do you need gear ? in other words, why do you need your daily done at all in the first place? if you dont like WZs then you dont like pvp in this game. So either dont play it at all , take it as it is , or find a different game.

So many conclusions (and some offense too), which is wrong and no needed. I didn't say I don't like (although I don't really enjoy) warzones, I said I don't have so much time to play 10+ per day in order to accomplish the daily.

One way or another, all of us have these options, don't play, take it as it is or find a different game. But if you browse the forums, you'll see hundreds of posts expressing opinions on how to make the game better, that's the reason of forum's existence, I guess.

So, I insist, if instead of 3 kills per warzone they make it 5 (or 3 for lose, 6 for win), it will make my gaming experience better. And I think there are much more players having the same opinion. Always consider that different server = different "PVP" experience.

You can take the game the way it is and I really hope you enjoy it but I won't take your answer as it comes from Bioware...

While I understand the need for it to be relatively low, 3 is is bit too low in my opinion.

The 6 for a win / 3 for a lose idea above is good, or a flat 5 per game would do nicely for me, either or. But 3 is...not worth the time related to do the Indy500 on Ilum for 15mins per day

While I understand the need for it to be relatively low, 3 is is bit too low in my opinion.

The 6 for a win / 3 for a lose idea above is good, or a flat 5 per game would do nicely for me, either or. But 3 is...not worth the time related to do the Indy500 on Ilum for 15mins per day

Sounds like it was nice that they are giving people an option.

15 minutes? Every time I go to Ilum, there are other people from my faction there, and we all ride in circles looking for crates. It takes well over an hour for everybody to get theirs and it is BORING.

Before 1.1.5:

- Cruise Ilum for (x hours), queuing for Warzones every so often to break up the monotony, and getting your Warzone dailies done. Time spent in Warzones made Ilum dailies take longer (you weren't getting Ilum dailies done while in Warzone)

After 1.1.5:

- Cruise Ilum for (x hours), queuing for Warzones every so often to break up the monotony, and getting your Warzone dailies done AND getting 3 kills worth of credit for Ilum dailies at the same time, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Yes, I clearly can see the reason for so much whining... srsly.

Srsly.

:rolleyes:

I'm fine with this. Even when loosing multiple matches in a row, you still got wz commendations... that is one reason why I never understood rage quitters, I'll take my 10 per medal thank you. :sy_blaster:

Hey tards, this OPTION is NOT intended to quell people leaving warzones, it's simply an alternative to illum which everyone has been complaining about. It's a temporary fix to a bad situation. The incentives to stay in warzones and even win them faster comes in the overhaul with 1.2. Like others have said, it's only 10 warzones, NOT 10 WINS. So you baddies out there who queue up solo will already have it about done by the time you get your 3 wins for the other daily(unless they just suck). You are more than welcome to continue playing nascar/base camp as we've all had to do up to this point. Or you can grab your tampon and your pacifier and come play some warzones and enjoy pvp for what it is, PVP.

But then of course that would mean you have to enjoy killing enemies/defeating the opposition for the fun of it rather than getting your little hit of commendation crack so you can buy that next piece of gear and be mr. superflyhasbettergearthantheotherguy... OH WAIT! You still can by just playing warzones. and you will even be able to buy extra champ/bm bags from the wz comms you will earn from finishing those matches(UH...but doesn't that mean I would actually get gear faster? Why yes Jimmy it does!). Not to mention the free 2k valor everyone will be getting per match now... (Yes hello? rank 60? I've come for my awesomeness kthnx!).

Obviously my opinions/comments do not apply to those who are not teh stoopid...and you know who you are.

Before 1.1.5:

- Cruise Ilum for (x hours), queuing for Warzones every so often to break up the monotony, and getting your Warzone dailies done. Time spent in Warzones made Ilum dailies take longer (you weren't getting Ilum dailies done while in Warzone)

After 1.1.5:

- Cruise Ilum for (x hours), queuing for Warzones every so often to break up the monotony, and getting your Warzone dailies done AND getting 3 kills worth of credit for Ilum dailies at the same time, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Yes, I clearly can see the reason for so much whining... srsly.

Srsly.

:rolleyes:

You still don't get it. Ilum sucks, noone should be forced via gear progression to do such disaster of instance and they should just burn it and re-start taking good feedback (and well, optimizing their engine/servers).

You still don't get it. Ilum sucks, noone should be forced via gear progression to do such disaster of instance and they should just burn it and re-start taking good feedback (and well, optimizing their engine/servers).

In your mind (and others), you wanted Bioware to wave a magic wand and perma-fix Ilum, but what you got was a small improvement to completing Ilum dailies/weeklies, and somehow, you view that as a failure, or even making Ilum somehow worse than it was before.

If the patch notes said:

- Ilum dailies lowered from 30 to 20.

- Ilum weeklies lowered from 150 to 100.

Would you say "hey, cool, that makes them easier." ?? I bet you would.

That is the same thing as getting 3 ilum-credits for completing each warzone you do.

10 WZ pre day isn't too much if you are unemployed and don't have kids. For those of us who actually have other commitments, I'm afraid that we are just going to fall further behind. If Bioware is attempting to target their game to folks with quite a lot of time on their hands, then they are making a reasonable choice. But for those folks who struggle to play more than an hour or two at a time (and actually have disposable income to pay to play), this isn't particularly good news. If I'm understanding correctly, casual gamers will end up with a handful of BM boxes/week, while unemployed folks will get 15-20. Not too good for balance. At some point, a good percentage of casuals will just throw up their hands and recognize they can't keep up. Time for Secret World beta.

Again, I'm afraid Bioware is perpetuating the "Triumph of the Unemployed" scenario in pvp. That's certainly their right. But I'm not sure it's a good business decision.

10 WZ pre day isn't too much if you are unemployed and don't have kids. For those of us who actually have other commitments, I'm afraid that we are just going to fall further behind. If Bioware is attempting to target their game to folks with quite a lot of time on their hands, then they are making a reasonable choice. But for those folks who struggle to play more than an hour or two at a time (and actually have disposable income to pay to play), this isn't particularly good news. If I'm understanding correctly, casual gamers will end up with a handful of BM boxes/week, while unemployed folks will get 15-20. Not too good for balance. At some point, a good percentage of casuals will just throw up their hands and recognize they can't keep up. Time for Secret World beta.

Again, I'm afraid Bioware is perpetuating the "Triumph of the Unemployed" scenario in pvp. That's certainly their right. But I'm not sure it's a good business decision.

No offense, but you're kind of a dumb@ss.

Its not 10 wz/day.

Its 30 Ilum kills a day, just like it always was. You can get them from Ilum *and* you also get 3 kills for completing warzones WHILE you're in Ilum.

It got SHORTER to complete Ilum, not LONGER.

Its not 10 wz/day.

Its 30 Ilum kills a day, just like it always was. You can get them from Ilum *and* you also get 3 kills for completing warzones WHILE you're in Ilum.

I'm glad someone else saw the complete and utter idiocy of some of the comments in here lol.

Its not 10 wz/day.

Not really kiddo.

This was kind of a slap I the face since the way they advertised the change is not how it was implemented.

3 kill credit. It is actually insulting. To get the ilum daily done in any reasonable amount of time is still hoping there is a Zerg going on so I can spam buff the ops group.

3 kills lol. I just can't get over how stupid their pvp team is. Let's get people excited about to having to go to ilum anymore!!! But if you don't it will take 10x longer thAn chasing crates.

Welcome back to ilum. Bioware is so fail

Not really kiddo.

This was kind of a slap I the face since the way they advertised the change is not how it was implemented.

3 kill credit. It is actually insulting. To get the ilum daily done in any reasonable amount of time is still hoping there is a Zerg going on so I can spam buff the ops group.

3 kills lol. I just can't get over how stupid their pvp team is. Let's get people excited about to having to go to ilum anymore!!! But if you don't it will take 10x longer thAn chasing crates.

Welcome back to ilum. Bioware is so fail

Welfare kill/valor players LOL.

Immediate invalidation of argument.

For the poster above:

I suppose you are not on a server where it's nearly impossible to get many ilum updates b/c the other faction massively outnumbers your teams and is nascarring central.

btw, profanity is for little kids and twits.

I can't believe some of you are defending this. Or telling people to QQing. It isn't a good change. It doesn't fix anything. If it makes it shorter, it is only a marginal difference on most servers. This change on most servers is this:

a) You can do warzones for 2 hours 15 minutes and finish your Ilum daily.

a.1) You hope and pray your teams aren't terrible so you aren't spending even more time to finish the WZ daily

b) You can drive in a circle for 2+ hours and hope someone comes by.

There is no wrong math or logic here especially on populated or imbalanced servers. The patch notes are imply something completely different then what was implemented. It needs to be boosted or it is pointless because it only helps the timesink marginally.

Edited by iheartpants

For the poster above:

I suppose you are not on a server where it's nearly impossible to get many ilum updates b/c the other faction massively outnumbers your teams and is nascarring central.

btw, profanity is for little kids and twits.

There was no profanity herp derp. and like i was saying people who are on faction imbalance server should you rolling on the floor for joy at this change. Another way to get armaments means there should be less whining... not more.

Edited by JumpDrive