Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Did I hear this right? We won't need to be Valor Rank 70 to get War Hero Gear

DarthScorge

They want it to be player VS player, not gear VS gear. Simple as that, makes perfect sense to me. I rather the more skilled player win most of the time.

To some extent, we are all okay with a gear component. A player who takes time to figure out how to get the most gains out of gear bonuses by carefully putting together a mix of gear so their character performs well, should have an edge.

But yes, Tipkaee states it well.

*edit*

Are there any threads where players discuss seriously how an open-world pvp could work? I've seen complaints galore about Ilum, but few suggestions or discussions about how it could be done.

Edited by Terrorble
grammar

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want open world PvP, leave this game.

Ilum has already proven us that this engine cannot handle mass PvP.

In 1.1.5 we are being driven off of Ilum.

People say Ilum needs to be reworked blabla, but believe me that once they're done reworking Ilum it will be just like a WZ. 8v8 max so you won't notice the engine flaws.

No open world PvP in this crappy game.

Open world pvp is never good in any MMO, it's something people hold on a pedestal, but guess what? It always boils down to, no matter how you design it, a zerg VS zerg

get over world pvp, because you will always be dissapointed with it in any game you play.

Mmm, but hold on a minute.

If WH gear comes from ranked matches then wont the people with a huge gear advantage within their bracket still advance faster?

Obviously, over a period of time, things should balance out because the more you win, the higher a bracket you will move into- but to begin with, the people who were lucky enough to get full champ at pre champ valour levels are likely to dominate and collect WH easily (if we consider equal skill).

Well actually, if I played more and better than u i deserve to have better gear,dont I?

Well actually, if I played more and better than u i deserve to have better gear,dont I?

Did i state the opposite?...

But people are arguing that ranked WZ wont reduce PvP to gear vs gear or time vs time. Thats simply not factually correct, at least not until we have a long enough period of time to equalise and for peoples rank progression to plateau.

Also, people need to drop the entire notion of deserving anything in a MMO. It would save alot of hastle.

you just described every MMO there is.

********. Sure WoW got easier over the years but the raids are still a dozen times more challenging than this game.

Most raids in TOR I got invited to i've never done before, and I just facerolled through them. Leader explained tactics for the entire raid in 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

This game is paradise for anyone that wants to brag they play an MMO and their character is perfectly geared. No effort required, just a bit of time. :rolleyes:

And it will be h3ll for anyone who thinks being geared should take perspiration rather than skill.

See ya. Go play one of the 250 000 other mmo's that demand that you play 24 hours a day for 2 months in order to be able to stand around in public areas in spiffy gear pretending that you're good at the game.

Mmm, but hold on a minute.

If WH gear comes from ranked matches then wont the people with a huge gear advantage within their bracket still advance faster?

Obviously, over a period of time, things should balance out because the more you win, the higher a bracket you will move into- but to begin with, the people who were lucky enough to get full champ at pre champ valour levels are likely to dominate and collect WH easily (if we consider equal skill).

Not really. Warlord gear is bought with rated WZ commendations. The only difference between being a high rated player and a low rated one is purely cosmetic because some gear sets will have a different color scheme restricted by ranking. According to the Guild Summit, the stats will be the same. It is a prestige reward system.

Edited by KronikInsomniak

********. Sure WoW got easier over the years but the raids are still a dozen times more challenging than this game.

Most raids in TOR I got invited to i've never done before, and I just facerolled through them. Leader explained tactics for the entire raid in 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

Someone hasnt played WoW in some time.

They just introduced a new, even easier, raid difficulty - so easy that people cleared Deathwing within hours of it being released.

They just introduced a new, even easier, raid difficulty - so easy that people cleared Deathwing within hours of it being released.

But at least WoW's hardmodes are actually hard. Nightmare difficulty in ToR this tier was pathetically easy.

To give WoW some credit though, the beauty of that game is that it is as hard or as easy as the player wants it to be. There is always something to strive for in the tiers or within the community (i.e. clear all hardmodes? okay now hardmode achievements? okay now apply for top world 100 guild? okay now be the best player within that guild, etc). Or it can be as casual as you want for those that are older and with less time and you will still be able to see most of the game's meat content and still feel somewhat rewarded.

If you want to take the easy road that game lets you. If you want to be super hardcore top 100 in the world that game and its community supports that too. The game has two completely opposite sides.

To give WoW some credit though, the beauty of that game is that it is as hard or as easy as the player wants it to be. There is always something to strive for in the tiers or within the community (i.e. clear all hardmodes? okay now hardmode achievements? okay now apply for top world 100 guild? okay now be the best player within that guild, etc). Or it can be as casual as you want for those that are older and with less time and you will still be able to see most of the game's meat content and still feel somewhat rewarded.

If you want to take the easy road that game lets you. If you want to be super hardcore top 100 in the world that game and its community supports that too. The game has two completely opposite sides.

Its not really any different here, either, despite some tuning issues on Nightmare mode raids.

There's roughly the same amount of content (at any given time, in WoW, there's about 8-10 relevant raid bosses, 3-5 relevant end-game heroic dungeons, and instanced PvP, as far as "content" goes)

There's.. 10 raid bosses, about 6 relevant end-game Hard Mode flashpoints.. and instanced PvP... in this game.

its not that different.

If you want open world PvP, leave this game.

Ilum has already proven us that this engine cannot handle mass PvP.

In 1.1.5 we are being driven off of Ilum.

People say Ilum needs to be reworked blabla, but believe me that once they're done reworking Ilum it will be just like a WZ. 8v8 max so you won't notice the engine flaws.

No open world PvP in this crappy game.

this...

Its not really any different here, either, despite some tuning issues on Nightmare mode raids.

There's roughly the same amount of content (at any given time, in WoW, there's about 8-10 relevant raid bosses, 3-5 relevant end-game heroic dungeons, and instanced PvP, as far as "content" goes)

There's.. 10 raid bosses, about 6 relevant end-game Hard Mode flashpoints.. and instanced PvP... in this game.

its not that different.

There is the groundwork foundation in this game to be like that but currently as is, it is not. From a casual aspect it is similar but for those looking for a challenge WoW's top tier end game is by far much much harder in both PvP and PvE due to the current game design not supporting the required rankings and difficulty tunings.

I'm not voting for or against this game, i just saying if you are talking difficulty, this game isn't close to being difficult enough to other MMO's endgame.

Are people overlooking the fact the garbage engine this game is sporting can't handle serious multi-player action? Every move they are making now revolves around small scale action, because it's all they can do! What do you think will happen a year from now? Two? Lol, the game already has one foot in the coffin.

Are people overlooking the fact the garbage engine this game is sporting can't handle serious multi-player action? Every move they are making now revolves around small scale action, because it's all they can do! What do you think will happen a year from now? Two? Lol, the game already has one foot in the coffin.

This is a very important point that I would have to agree on. BW is sidestepping a very big issue with this game. With the game's current controls and UI even, they realize they can't design very complicated encounters because it would be unplayable with the UI and engine. As for PvP the implications are obvious.

That's my exact experience in WoW.

PvE is not hard.

No.

No one in PvP deserves, or needs, to have better gear than anyone else.

If you dont want character advancement, quit playing RPGs. Shooters are > that way.

Of course, those have character advancement and gear now, too.

Guess you're out of luck.

Why are people angry about this? Do you realise what would happen if they had to do this for every PvP gear set going onto Elite Warlord? Yeah... you'd need Valor Rank100 to just get the latest PvP gear, which is ridiculous. Who cares, anyway? Anybody should have the chance to obtain the same gear without having to play all the time (in moderation ofc). Edited by Mattderp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.