New Skills for JK's in 1.2

VoidJustice

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

Keep your eyes open! First to report on what were getting gets a /cookie.

I find it kind of hysterical that our "buff" is a new skill to bind, but whatever... make it 21 necessary combat skills bound... huzzzzah... Im growing an extra pinky from experimental dna modifications right now.

Also in the good news bucket... NERFS FOR BH's and...

a new shiny warzone!

THE LIFE OF A JEDI... rarwwrrrrr tis good :D

Edited by VoidJustice

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What buff are you talking about? All I saw was JK's are getting some new abilities.

Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight, a nerf for the Bounty Hunter, and more. Every class will receive changes, and all skill tree points refunded so you can look over the trees again before deciding how to rebuild your class. "Some players will be excited, some might not. That's always the case when there's tweaks to classes."

Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight, a nerf for the Bounty Hunter, and more. Every class will receive changes, and all skill tree points refunded so you can look over the trees again before deciding how to rebuild your class. "Some players will be excited, some might not. That's always the case when there's tweaks to classes."

Was talking about this statement

I find it kind of hysterical that our "buff" is a new skill to bind, but whatever... make it 21 necessary combat skills bound... huzzzzah... Im growing an extra pinky from experimental dna modifications right now.

Only thing out of the article I could find to relate to that in the most minimal way was the awesome sounding legacy stuff.

NEW ABILITY = BUFF

How can you possibly say otherwise?

you may not see it that way but...

it is. having an option no matter what it is... is better than not having it.

the question is ... what is it?

Edited by VoidJustice

a new shiny warzone!

Could be a passive ability, or a one hour buff type ability. Think that is as much speculation as I will do, I prefer facts. One thing is for sure, I will be rotfl at the post-nerf posts... can't wait! :)

"Force Stutter": The Jedi Knight feigns jumping into the air repeatedly to confuse his foes. Those unfamiliar with this ability will think the Knight is gliching out causing them to perhaps ignore him.

Channeld ability with a cost of 5 focus.

Or something along the lines of: In order to help alleviate the JKs mobility problem we have decided to remove the minimum range of Saber throw.

Edited by Herew

My guess is we're getting a Push or Pull ability to make us more viable in WZs(mainly Huttball).

Interesting that they say all talent points will be reset. Makes it sound like they'll be sweeping changes. We'll see...

im pretty sure this game will die after the patch, this big patch is going to boost som classes kill otheres, and thats when a game is over.

Pleeeeeease, that couldn't have sounded more cliched and full of butthurt "omg my spec is being nerfed (balanced)" if you tried. I've heard people cry about this wolf a thousand times in a dozen different games. Just because your spec is being nerfed doesn't mean the game is going to end. Totally delusional. :rolleyes:

On that note, as a Guardian I'm very satisfied with the design of the AC/skill trees so I hope they don't do too much to Guardians in particular, lol! New abilities though . . . that could mean anything really. Maybe we will get a long-lasting CC so I'm not always relying on my Sage and Trooper friends to CC mobs in a pull. We already have two short-duration stuns but they're basically useless in the heat of a nasty pull.

Edited by Matteis

Don't think they'll touch Annihilation/Watchman tbh. I think they'll just fix Carnage/Combat and give it better survivability to make it more viable in PvP. Depending on the map, Anni/Watch can do a lot of dmg, yes, but so can Rage/Focus (even more in some cases). I've done over 550k dmg in a Voidstar as Rage, though I'm squishy as hell once focused by 2 or more. Anni is more stable and better for soloing players overall, and its better for killing healers.

Though I really wish for a knockback like the one juggernauts and guardians have. Tbh, all knockbacks should require a target, not like an i-got-no-skills-so-i-just-jump-in-and-knock-everyone-back-and-lock-you-down-for-5-secs skill (YES! I'm talking to you, sorcs and sages!).

Or something along the lines of: In order to help alleviate the JKs mobility problem we have decided to remove the minimum range of Saber throw.

I already have that skill on my pve set. why would they make it a complete change?

I as senti hope for some CC immunity (not break) it will be great to have it in this everyone-and-u-mum-got-it-but-no-senti CC fest. Lets say 6 sec for 45sec cool ( can be discuss) to scale with rebuke. In fact I hate cc... its for non-skillers & dont wanna it on my senti at all more than it is now. But will be happy to get somethin to get rid off that stupid smile from face those operatives who can lock us w/o possibility of reasonable reaction for my all 16k hp. That is really stupid & unbalanced in my opinion:mad: Edited by prokonto

im pretty sure this game will die after the patch, this big patch is going to boost som classes kill otheres, and thats when a game is over.

Right, like the 15 times Blizzard refunded all talent points because of the sweeping class changes?

NEW ABILITY = BUFF

I wouldn't consider something like Pommel Strike a buff.

Honestly, juggernauts/guardians are fine with regard to their current toolset. All that really needs to happen is for some adjustment to our defensive cooldowns and the scaling of certain abilities (plasma brand and shatter come to mind).

Marauders/Sentinels could also use their lightsaber throw >_>

NEW ABILITY = BUFF

Great, just what this class needs, more buttons to press.

Great, just what this class needs, more buttons to press.

My inkyfinger (the new one Im growing for 1.2) just started to grow a nail today... Im so excited! Just got some new experimental growth hormone in the mail should be ready by patch day!

Of course I've had to rig a new key onto my keyboard using duct tape, plastic and electrodes but, I won't complain EVERYTHING IS TOTALLY BALANCED AND FAIR! BUFF SORCERORS THEY ARE UP!

In other news woot grinded to 350 expertise should make 500 before they nerf it!

/drool

Seriously thou... I do love this game.

Edited by VoidJustice

My inkyfinger (the new one Im growing for 1.2) just started to grow a nail today... Im so excited! Just got some new experimental growth hormone in the mail should be ready by patch day!

Of course I've had to rig a new key onto my keyboard using duct tape, plastic and electrodes but, I won't complain EVERYTHING IS TOTALLY BALANCED AND FAIR! BUFF SORCERORS THEY ARE UP!

In other news woot grinded to 350 expertise should make 500 before they nerf it!

/drool

Seriously thou... I do love this game.

In our lab we have someone working on a eye mouse, normally used by disabled people. I was looking at it the other day and I'm totally having that when he's done with his paper.

a new shiny warzone!

haha, I predicted this in January...I said to those of who were concerned about JK power that looking on the bright side, we'll never be nerfed, that we only had improvements to look forward to. Now the foamy nerf hammer is coming down on other classes, and I can almost hear the whinging.