Camera Rotation Set to 0% and its still too fast?

sabresandiego

Yup, i do. It's because Bioware decided to add a ridiculous amount of artificial camera acceleration (ie, the camera starts to turn faster the longer it's turning) just like every other game they've made to date. The dragon age series and even the Mass Effect series both have an extremely high level of mouse/camera acceleration.

I haven't figured out a way to remove it yet. Even if there was a game file you could edit to remove it, it would probably be against the ToS and every patch would just revert any changes you've made to the files anyways.

Double-posting to say, i found where the file is that you can edit:

- I have gone into my SWTOR .INI file and set [ Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.08 ]. When you set the camera rotation speed slider in game to 0%, it goes down to "0.1" at the minimum. You can get slower camera rotation speeds by modifying the file directly. Changing the slider and applying in game will overwrite this. However, I have already overwritten my previous settings with the in-game settings slider. This .INI file is located in ( C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings \%ACCOUNTNAME%_Account.ini )

That's from this thread all about this issue.

• 3 years later...
I'm resurrecting a dead post, but I wanted to add to it as I'm having this issue after returning to the game, and this worked perfectly. My rotation was at 0%, and my Razer Synapse profile for SW:tOR was also at the lowest level possible, and still the slightest motion would rotate it far beyond what I intended. This file is still located in the same place, though you may need to add the line specified, as mine did not show it. Regardless, setting it to 0.06 worked perfectly for my system.

I'm resurrecting a dead post, but I wanted to add to it as I'm having this issue after returning to the game, and this worked perfectly. My rotation was at 0%, and my Razer Synapse profile for SW:tOR was also at the lowest level possible, and still the slightest motion would rotate it far beyond what I intended. This file is still located in the same place, though you may need to add the line specified, as mine did not show it. Regardless, setting it to 0.06 worked perfectly for my system.

Mouse acceleration for Razer is a combination of Synapse acceleration and dpi, Windows mouse acceleration, and the in game acceleration.

Turn down pointer speed in Windows mouse pointer options, and disable enhance pointer precision (this has the effect of increasing acceleration the farther you move the mouse, reducing your control). For 3600 dpi, I set the pointer speed at the halfway point, but at 8200 dpi I have to set the speed at the second lowest setting. And this is with 0 acceleration in Synapse.

I can't remember what I had to do for in game acceleration at high dpi, but it still felt like I was losing control at various points so I switched back to 3600 dpi with 50% acceleration in Windows and games, and 0 acceleration in Synapse. That seems to offer the best control to me, but all three settings will affect camera and pointer speed so you'll have to play with them to find the point where everything works the best for you.

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting this again, 9/12/16 for another input. The issue is ~still~ there. The variable setting in (on my computer), C:\This PC\Users|Owner|AppData\Local|SWTOR\swtor\settings\YOURLEGACYNAME_Account.ini called (default) Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 3.09999990463 had to be reduced to 0.57 in order to prevent instantaneous camera excursions that force the screen view into full top down or under floor up, when adjusting camera pitch. ("Pitch" = depress and hold mouse button 2 and then move the mouse in order to change perspective from higher above and behind toon (third person view) to lower, or vice versa.) This seems less an issue of mouse pointer speed and more one camera pitch speed. In any event, the fixed variable works to adjust the insidious "I'm suddenly looking down at the top of my toon's head" problem, as well as others above.

Ruletide

Edited by Ruletide
First post was a run-on sentence, maybe two.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Resurrecting this post again. 2 days ago came this to me, suddenly and I didn't do anything with swtor preferences. And several on my guild happen to have same bug also since a few days ago. Incredible this bug still exists since 2012 Edited by Echu

• 3 years later...

You can also set it to zero and hit apply. Then adjust it back to where you want it and it should fix it. I’ve also done it the other way of setting it to max and apply. Then back to zero and apply and back to where you want it set.

I do find that some proprietary mice acceleration software can make it worse. I know I have to adjust my mouse DPI setting when go into GSF from the normal game or the ship spins too fast.

You can also set it to zero and hit apply. Then adjust it back to where you want it and it should fix it. I’ve also done it the other way of setting it to max and apply. Then back to zero and apply and back to where you want it set.

I do find that some proprietary mice acceleration software can make it worse. I know I have to adjust my mouse DPI setting when go into GSF from the normal game or the ship spins too fast.

I think this is an accurate description of the problem. If you have any other form of mouse acceleration enabled in Windows/Gaming software, bioware's implementation is broken.

• 10 months later...