The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Meh no point of levelling to 50 i'm going to stop at 49

caultonpos

The ONLY reason level 10s can put up any kind of fight is because the 10-49 bracket is filled with bad PvPers and anyone can faceroll their character to the top of the leaderboard.

lol

We just found someone that thinks the 10-49 bracket is full of bads but the 50 bracket isn't.

And he's also talking about denial.

Funny stuff.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you 49ers who are doing everything you can to stay in the kiddie pool (under 50 warzones) I can't help call you all nothing more than hypocrites.

Why?

Because you have the very advantage over the lower level players that you are too scared to face off against. Hit one more level and you are no longer the top dogs of your level bracket. You are instead the lowbies again.

And the really sad part of all this?

It only takes a few weeks to get your gear. Even without winning warzones you can still earn bags. It takes no time at all to earn 200 merc and warzone commendations in warzones. Even if you don't win a single game and never step foot on Ilum there is absolutely no reason that you can't be in full champ / centurion gear in two weeks.

And if you do go to Ilum and complete your weekly quests ... that is 6 bags a week. Three bags for the kill weekly quest and 3 bags for winning 9 warzones. And that is not even counting the daily quests.

If you will just have the courage to get out of the kiddie pool, you will discover that you can be drowning in bags with just a little effort on your part.

If you are now just hitting level 49 on your first character ... well the game has been out for almost 3 months now. 2 weeks to get your gear is nothing compared to the long drawn out delay you have taken to get to 50.

And even without PVP, there is still the PVE content. HM and Operations that you can't do unless you hit 50. By avoiding the PVP end game you are also keeping the door closed on the PVE content as well.

So you are in reality doing nothing more than paying $15 a month to play a few warzones you aren't even finishing for fear of reaching the next stage in the game.

And that people is just plan sad.

This.

I was in 85% Centurion/15% Champion gear in 3 days. I timed when I was going to hit 50 on a Friday, did my weekly and then Tuesday when they reset I finished my other weekly on that day too + the dailys for those 3 days.

You obviously dont get what he means. Below lvl 50, every 1 has b stats equivalent to lvl 49. Sure you may start with less talents but are able to put out enough dmg to matter, where if you joined at 50 and ur in starter gear you have 0 chances of a 1v1 win vs a full BM geared player unless he is afk.

My level 10 Marauder could barely kill ANYTHING in 10-49 wz's.

No snare, no stun, no sprint, no real interrupt, no talents, etc.

If you like 10-49 warzones, that's fine, but please stop pretending that they are anywhere even APPROACHING competitive PvP.

Conversely, when my PT dinged 50, I killed a BM Vanguard w/ 20k hp in my first match (Huttball).

Lowbies (of some classes, others get their gamechanging abilities much earlier.. looking at you, Sorc) simply do not have the toolkit to deal w/ higher level players if the higher level players are competent.

but i still played my lowbie alts more because the 10-49 bracket was more fun for me because:

- less pre-mades in the 10-49 bracket

- FAR less wz quitters in the 10-49 bracket

- less "experts" raging in /ops in the 10-49 bracket

- less people grinding dailies/gear/medals in the 10-49 bracket so it's more fun.

- you don't have to deal with ilum in the 10-49 bracket

- at 10-49 because you don't have to worry about grinding gear, you can just enjoying the matches.

exactly. there is no incentive to actually be 50 except to play in poorer quality warzones.

Might as well enjoy the lowbie warzones, fewer people leave, the battles are more competitive and i can laugh at level 10s trying to run away.

I would level to 50 but there is no world pvp just warzones where people leaving is an epidemic.

There will be no world pvp as far as I can see until guild wars comes out.

You must be a Commando/Merc that is sad you can't spam one button at 50.

Edited by Cataphractone

these guys have bought into believing they are good because they own lowbies.

They don't want to wake up to the reality that they need to L2P

I just don't even understand where they could even begin to get the notion that there is any skill involved in killing a lv10 player when you are lv40+.

Certain classes just stand absolutely no chance until much later.

Also, why would you even tell people that you do this? Anyone in their right mind is just going to immediately assume that you're terrible and can only win by picking on lowbies.

Edited by Varicite

You obviously dont get what he means. Below lvl 50, every 1 has b stats equivalent to lvl 49. Sure you may start with less talents but are able to put out enough dmg to matter, where if you joined at 50 and ur in starter gear you have 0 chances of a 1v1 win vs a full BM geared player unless he is afk.

Oh I know exactly what he means. I just believe it is BS. Things you guys tell the new players so they don't feel so out of place and can be farmed by the more experienced (I deliberately didn't say skilled) level 40ish players.

without access to all your skills you are playing with only a partial deck. It is like playing poker only you can't use any of the face cards while the person you play against gets to use the whole deck.

The problem you new 50s have with pvp is that for the first time you are going into matches where everyone on the field has access to all of their skills. And you may discover that you get stunned and then killed.

Well guess what, this doesn't have anything to do with your gear. It has everything to do with the ungodly amount of CC and interrupts that are used in PVP. You feel it more as a new 50 because your hitpoints are so light that you likely won't survive a 6 sec stun. You don't experience it in the under 50 bracket because only a few players will have access to all of the CC type skills. Thus, you have more control of your character and have a better chance of surviving CC.

But if all of you guys would just take the leap, you will discover that the unpleasantness of being a new 50 will be far less than you expect. Because before you know it, you will get better gear which means more hit points. This inturn means more survivibility. And if you pick up PVP pieces, it also means more expertise which in turn means less damage taken.

these guys have bought into believing they are good because they own lowbies.

They don't want to wake up to the reality that they need to L2P

You are missing the point. You could be full BM and the best PvP player across all servers and still you will not have as good a time in the 50s warzones as the 10-49s.

You are missing the point. You could be full BM and the best PvP player across all servers and still you will not have as good a time in the 50s warzones as the 10-49s.

I have to disagree. I have had fun in both brackets, and still do with my alts and main.

Does the 50's bracket have issues? Yes, and Bioware is going to be working on them. I do not like the fact that people leave early on a losing team, but hopefully soon this will be dis-incentivized. Daily's will no longer matter, payout will be better for completing warzones, and I believe they are planning an AFK vote kick and lockout timer.

I have seen much better players and become better at my class in the level 50 bracket. As you said, it is easy and fun to roll level 10's. Once you are at the top of the mountain you stop caring to get better. Once I was thrown to the bottom I had to learn to play better, and in the process got gear to level the playing field.

Like I said before, you admitted it is fun chasing after level 10's. It sounds like you are just like the Battlemasters you are bad mouthing, just in a different bracket. Argue that they should give people reasons to stay in level 50 warzones all day long, but don't act like this is a moral stance of wanting a fair fight.

lol @ the hypocritical 50's all decked out in BM gear calling upper 40's baddies for wanting an advantage over other players in PvP.

These BM's make their argument "we invested the time, we should stomp you fresh 50s", yet that 49 who is leaving the lowbie bracket over and over played more time than the 10 he is stomping.

In both cases, there is an unfair advantage due to time invested. The reality here is that these basement-dwelling BM's are jealous they can't go stomp even worse players in 10-49.

lol @ all the "it takes 2 weeks to get cent/champed out". Uh, right, it's still going from a position of dominance (49) to a position of getting dominated for 2 weeks, to a position of still inferiority to BM's.

I completely endorse this behavior until Bioware gets rated warzones in so we can do away with the real scrubs who think the college football team playing against the high school kids is the epitome of uberness. Get real.

Edited by MoarPowar

lol @ the hypocritical 50's all decked out in BM gear calling upper 40's baddies for wanting an advantage over other players in PvP.

These BM's make their argument "we invested the time, we should stomp you fresh 50s", yet that 49 who is leaving the lowbie bracket over and over played more time than the 10 he is stomping.

In both cases, there is an unfair advantage due to time invested. The reality here is that these basement-dwelling BM's are jealous they can't go stomp even worse players in 10-49.

lol @ all the "it takes 2 weeks to get cent/champed out". Uh, right, it's still going from a position of dominance (49) to a position of getting dominated for 2 weeks, to a position of still inferiority to BM's.

I completely endorse this behavior until Bioware gets rated warzones in so we can do away with the real scrubs who think the college football team playing against the high school kids is the epitome of uberness. Get real.

What would be different in that two weeks of leveling an alt getting stomped and leveling a 50?

Personally, I don't think they should have lumped the levels all together. I would have liked to see about 10 level brackets, plus valor brackets at 50. I'm not arguing that I should have an advantage over anyone based on my gear, but this is an MMO and it does happen. I'm right about middle of the pack with my gear, and I'm fine with that. I do, however, think it's silly that someone talks about not wanting to pop 50 so they can keep games fair, while in the same post say that they like chasing level 10's.

The inferiority of Champion to BMs is minimal at best, not unlike 1 or 2 levels in the 10-49 bracket. I am mostly in Centurion and don't feel deterred going against someone in higher gear.

And PS, rated warzones aren't going to fully help. I am valor rank 45 and see valor rank 20s with more champion pieces than me.

I lvled from 40 to 50 only doing pvp and class quests, and did not enjoy having ****** geared baddy lowbies that don't even have sprint on my team. I'd much rather deal with fresh 50s in ****** gear, over a lowbie without half their skillset and talent points.

We didn't become 50 with BM, btw. We struggled through it, just like you. In fact our experience>a fresh 50 beceause we been there done that.

Even after you're geared out, level 50 pvp is just unfun, so is Ilum and Ilum will be dead when you can get kill credits to Ilum daily/weeklies in warzones in the next patch (and I know the reason why they're doing that).

Even after you're geared out, level 50 pvp is just unfun, so is Ilum and Ilum will be dead when you can get kill credits to Ilum daily/weeklies in warzones in the next patch (and I know the reason why they're doing that).

How does this make 10-49 any more fun?

This could all be solved by bracket PvP. 10-20, 20 - 30, 30 - 40, 40 - 50.

There, done problem solved.

I'd make it 40-49, 50.

As it stands you can't get jack for expertise till 50, you can get a tiny bit at 46. I don't really think the 50 bracket is much different from the 10-49 bracket now either, with gear being as important in the 50 bracket as level/skills in the 10-49.

Break it up 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-49, and 50's based on valor and that would be pretty good. But I agree, sounds like an easy fix right?

The irony of that statement in relation to this thread is epic!

Exactly. You guys with the advantage are dumb! Me with an advantage is fair!

For as long as there are warzones, there will be people at the top. Do I like it? No. Is every MMO or even RPG the same? Yes. Since the early NES days gear has given an advantage. No MMO will be able to break that trend. Some games do better to minimize the advantage especially in PvP, but I can't think of one that did away with it fully.

Let take a fresh new lvl 10 op/sco as an example.

If a lvl 10 op/sco with no acid blade/flechette round, no stun, no ShootFirst/Hidden Strike, no Vanish, lack of several gear slots (heads, bracer, belt, relics, etc.), and with most of white/green gears can be considered as a competitive player even with bolster by these guys, its so obviously why they cannot move on to 50s bracket. Oh wait, a lvl 10 can kill a lvl 49 when the lvl 49 has 5% hp left, wow what a skillful player. :cool:

You can find bad players everywhere, 50 or not.

You can find quitters everywhere, 50 or not. Some new players dont even know how to quit WZ that they accidentally joined.

You can find as many premades of 40s as premade of BM, hell yeah, they even need WZ comms much more than 50s since they dont want to be feeders when they ding 50.

If there are several brackets 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 with bolster, maybe bolster can overcome skills rank + talents+gears disparity. But it is not the case in this game.

"I'm 49, I'm the bee queen. I'm 50. Nooo, I am back to be the nerdy in the class." Hypocrites are just hypocrites, no matter what reason they pull off.

but i still played my lowbie alts more because the 10-49 bracket was more fun for me because:

- less pre-mades in the 10-49 bracket

- FAR less wz quitters in the 10-49 bracket

- less "experts" raging in /ops in the 10-49 bracket

- less people grinding dailies/gear/medals in the 10-49 bracket so it's more fun.

- you don't have to deal with ilum in the 10-49 bracket

- at 10-49 because you don't have to worry about grinding gear, you can just enjoying the matches.

This ^.

I had no problems being competitive in WZ's as a level 15. Hell, at 15 I was able to take down a level 43 player of my own class solo... twice. In the early 20's i was topping damage, and getting the most objective points... and had zero problems against level 30's or 40's. But maybe I'm doing it wrong...

Hint: Bolster OVER buffs your skills when you are really low.

These days, when I want to stomp pugs and undergeared players I go and play my 50 with our guild pre-made and pretend that winning takes skill. When I want to have fun, I play with one of my re-rolls in 10-49 pugs.

Pro-tip: there is no competitive PVP in this PVE orientated MMO, regardless of your level. So quit pretending.

Edited by Jebi

You must also realize that "the battles are more competitive" is the biggest joke ever, right?

I think what he means by more competitive is that hes terrible so sucks horribly in level 50 warzones, but in sub 50 warzones he can have an easy time destroying level 10s.