Speeders on SWTOR are slower than a dead cow.

Noirmorris

Yeah, they are too slow. They should be at least twice as fast as they are now.

They should also consider giving more interesting mechanics in speeders, seeing how there are a lot of fans and even community-driven events for racing.

The world is not big enough for fast speeders.

So, you would object to shorter travel-times? I feel it's pretty tedious as it is now.

Edited by Athrins

As much as it may suck, they cant have them go too fast initially. They need room for expansions, and you can gaurantee that in a few months/years time they'll be faster than we currently have.

Yes, but then don't put 3 riding skills that are nearly the same. Put just 2 riding skills, so player at least will see a bit of difference.

I'm not speaking about 90000% speed increase..but maybe a 15/20% more than now..actually seems like there's no difference between first riding skill and the third.

Try following someone a good distance while you are on rank 1 speed and they are on rank 3. You will notice that they are considerably faster.

Yes, but then don't put 3 riding skills that are nearly the same. Put just 2 riding skills, so player at least will see a bit of difference.

I read somewhere they are going to reduce the price on speeders training 2 and 3, oh well half win

There are also other factors to consider such as, how fast our PCs can draw the world and the mobs around us when we are moving so fast.

No. As someone already said, they'll surely implement higher speed ranks, so your theory is lacking a bit.

I'm not speaking about 90000% speed increase..but maybe a 15/20% more than now..actually seems like there's no difference between first riding skill and the third.

Even today its way to fast. I can go like from one side of the map to the other in less than 10 minutes.

In WoW for an example with the slowest mount it should take more than an hour going from Winterspring to Silithus.

Even today its way to fast. I can go like from one side of the map to the other in less than 10 minutes.

In WoW for an example with the slowest mount it should take more than an hour going from Winterspring to Silithus.

Just buy first riding skill and let other ones travel faster.

I definately notice the difference between the slowest and fastest. You know you have to purchase a new speeder right?

I agree. Speeders don't speed.. they feel like they are going segway speeds.

Force run gives you 150% run speed.. and it feels pretty fast.

Personally, I think lvl 1 speeder should be 100%, lvl 2 @ 120%, lvl 3 @ 140-160%

That leaves room for expansion.

I also think non-buffed run speed should be increased by 10%

Everything is too slow in the game and the lag / framerate drops aren't helping.

Please increase speed boost on speeders! Someone else feeling a lack of speed??

If I compared this to WoW then I think it's more because it feels relatively slower because the worlds are actually much larger than in WoW.

Essentially: speeders are not as fast as compared to the mounts in WoW because the speed of the speeder relative to the size of the world is lower in SWTOR than in WoW, at least that is how I feel.

Also, it seems - to me - that the game is unable to handle flying mounts, which will make it seem even slower for those used to flying mounts.

EDIT:

You do realise travelling from Winterspring to Silithus is essentially travelling the entire length of Kalimdor; given how a planet in SWTOR is roughly equivalent to one or two zones in WoW, that's not so bad. Plus the amount of travel time added due to the amount of interaction and load screens you have to go through to get from planet A to planet B in SWTOR really adds up.

Edited by RabidPopcorn

Uhhh, you do know that you get a 30% increase at 50 right?

30% increase at 50 is a joke, as is a paltry 90% when we finally get the first speeder.

Very simply, it should be first speeder @ level 20, with +100% speed, next speeder @ level 35, with +150% speed, and final speeder @ level 50 with +200% speed. Jeez, how hard is that to lay out? They had to actually think and *try* to make it silly and hard to come up with the ridiculous 90-100-110% plan they have now. And 210,000 credits to go from 90% to 100% ? That is one of the biggest jokes and insults in this game...../boggle :eek:

The difference between rank 1 piloting and rank 2 and 3 piloting is that rank 2 and 3 grant you increasing resistance from being knocked off your speeder, while rank 1 grants no resistance.

If all you're doing is camping out in fleet waiting for the next WZ, HM or Ops, then anything beyond rank 1 is pointless. For the rest of us that leave the fleet, rank 2 and 3 is of great convenience.

The difference between rank 1 piloting and rank 2 and 3 piloting is that rank 2 and 3 grant you increasing resistance from being knocked off your speeder, while rank 1 grants no resistance.

If all you're doing is camping out in fleet waiting for the next WZ, HM or Ops, then anything beyond rank 1 is pointless. For the rest of us that leave the fleet, rank 2 and 3 is of great convenience.

It's still not worth it, I have rank 2 and I still get knocked off all the time.

People who have rank 3 in my guild are reporting the same thing. Which is the main reason I'm holding off on buying rank 3.